Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I really couldn't care less about the rebranding, to be honest.

I just want new gameplay with more consequences, and better, more in-depth sims.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    When I saw this on Instagram when I woke up, I nearly puked. The plumbob! What the heck? It looks terrible! The pack icons? Why! Just why!? I'm okay with changes, but this?! I just can't believe it! There was no need for this at all! Just keep it like it was the past 5 years! This could've all been done with the Sims 5. Why did you have to do it to a 5 year old game? And the new blue background... why. It just doesn't fit in! I really preferred the white background. Also, in a tweet from SimGuruFrost they said that they will be supporting the Sims 4 for many more years. That, I'm happy to hear I guess? I don't know, I think that it's kind of time for The Sims 5.

Okay, rant over. I love The Sims 4. One of my favorites. But I just wish they didn't pull stuff off like this. There is much more in the game they need to worry about than restyling the game. Anyways, as you can tell, It's awful and I just wish they are joking about all this.
    Proud simmer
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I'm sorry, but please leave things as they are. The main menu, the loading screen, and the plumblob in the re-brand are not good.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It looks like hot garbage that they found in the depths of a folder from 2001.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It would've been nice if this rebrand came with a redesign of the core game, maybe actually making whims, aspirations, and emotions fun to play with for once.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It would've been nice if this rebrand came with a redesign of the core game, maybe actually making whims, aspirations, and emotions fun to play with for once.

If only ifs and wishes were true *Sighs dreamy* Oh and @Sk8rblaze , I must say that the sim on your profile picture is quite handsome.

Topic: I don't really care much about this - Except the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 blue colour which hurts my eyes and will likely give me a headache if I watch it for too long. Seriously, who choose that? Can't they see how that colour would cause issues for some people?
    But my main thought is why? Was this a priority? Why was this done? Don't they have more important things they could work on instead of splattering a little bit of new paint on the front? Like bugs and gameplay? :/
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Wait...do people actually even look at the starter screen?
    #Team Occult
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

EXACTLY!

Underneath the new lick of paint it’s the same old game with the same old issues and a fresh coat of paint won’t change that. When EA fix those issues or address the concerns then I will believe they are committed to the game and it’s future. Changing a menu and art for dlc to me is a commitment to their stock holders.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    The new plumbob and the loading screen are what bothers me the most. So jarring and the plumbob doesn't even fit the game's artstyle and graphics. It looks really cheap.

As for the teal, it's an awful colour for the EP's covers and icons. I liked when they were different colours.

TBH I don't even want to update my game for this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Wait...do people actually even look at the starter screen?
    It's also every loading screen in the game, so even if you don't stare at your game launching, you're gonna have to see it.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Had to check my calendar, thought maybe it was April 1st. Seriously, all the things they need to fix in the game and this is what they spend resources on. Hey, Rod Humble and Will Wright, hurry up with the new games that'll replace The Sims!!!
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Our opinions don’t mean much on this forum so I wonder what the good folks over on Twitter are thinking about the redesign. I hope they’re being honest at least.
    As far as I've seen, it's not popular on twitter, either. I see a lot of complaints about the color hurting their eyes and the change being pointless. I only follow 2 game changers, but they're not fans of the change, either.

I think the part I hate most is how similar the EP and GP colors are. I liked the old icons for the packs. Made them pop. I continue to be confused about the team's priorities.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    So ugly! It doesn‘t look like Sims 4 anymore and the pack icons look the same and are overly saturated
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    OMG changes! I want everything to look like 2014 for the rest of my life!

I welcome new designs, but this looks like it was created by a 12 year old who found the shape tool in photoshop.
    I mean just look at this??!
    aDGi0ky.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm laughing at some of these comments :D:D

I'm sorry, but it looks like a design project made by someone in high school. It's just not professional looking.

They look like E-Book covers on the Free section of the Kindle bookstore.

I just have to question how mistakes like this get into the game. Is anyone looking at what the employees are doing? This is worse than the ball pit in Toddler Stuff.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I don't like it but I don't want them to waste resources on reversing it.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    As for the new loading screen, I mean, if they picked a darker shade of blue it wouldn't look so... Loud... and the new plumbob design would maybe look a bit nicer that way and not blend in to the background which results in the visual representation of noise...

I don't like noise...
    edited July 2019

I welcome new designs, but this looks like it was created by a 12 year old who found the shape tool in photoshop.
    aDGi0ky.png

The old ones are so much better! Huuuuugh

Those EP covers remind me of my old elementary school manuals lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    D_UBEdDUEAMO7G5?format=jpg&name=large

I don't know if its my monitor or my eyes but when they showed the GP and EP side to side I couldn't tell the difference between the Teal Expansion pack color and the Blue Game Pack color. The only difference I see is the sims4 logo block in the bottom corner (other than obviously the EP/GP under the titles) They said it was supposed to be easier to tell them apart? Was it hard to tell them apart before????

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »

I don't know if its my monitor or my eyes but when they showed the GP and EP side to side I couldn't tell the difference between the Teal Expansion pack color and the Blue Game Pack color. The only difference I see is the sims4 logo block in the bottom corner (other than obviously the EP/GP under the titles) They said it was supposed to be easier to tell them apart? Was it hard to tell them apart before????

I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between any of the GPs or EPs if I were a new customer. They all look the same.

Also, why are the titles so small on the covers? The titles just blend into the background.

And, If I were just looking at the Sims on the covers themselves, I would have no idea what the packs are even about, because the background color is just too distracting for me to tell what they are doing. There's not enough contrast between the background and the sims themselves.

There are so MANY issues with these covers. Is it April's Fools??
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member

aDGi0ky.png

The new ones are not even impactful! It is supposed to capt potential consumers. I can't imagine how they will look on physical releases. Yes EPs still have physical copies in some countries and its weird to change everything now. And as I said before... ITS UGLY!
    edited July 2019
    bixters wrote: »

I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between any of the GPs or EPs if I were a new customer. They all look the same.

Also, why are the titles so small on the covers? The titles just blend into the background.

And, If I were just looking at the Sims on the covers themselves, I would have no idea what the packs are even about, because the background color is just too distracting for me to tell what they are doing. There's not enough contrast between the background and the sims themselves.

No one:

Marketing team:
    pp,550x550.jpg

:D:D:D I'm laughing way too much at this. TS4 logo right now, is what I would do with wordart as an 8 year old kid.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bixters wrote: »

No one:

Marketing team:
    pp,550x550.jpg

LMAO!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I like it. *shrugs* It looks fresh and modern. What are you guys gonna do if...

They change the forums from green to blue too? *runs out slamming door*