Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top requested features needed for consoles?

Comments

• StealthSNAKEStealthSNAKE Posts: 7 New Member
    We really need more colours for floors and walls , and common foundation colours are broken you select white foundation colours and they always show grey .. grey is eewwhh
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Mouse and keyboard support is coming according to the 9th April 2019 stream. Microsoft have been promising this for years but "gamers" of online shooters say that using the mouse gives too much accuracy over usual controllers and is unfair.
  • simmer9simmer9 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @KRUSSIDULL said:
    > Hi simmers!
    >
    > Here is the top requested feautures required for the Sims 4 before console buyers will take this game seriously. I just made this list out of threads across the internet talking about console version of the Sims 4.
    >
    > * Better controls, HUD and camera. This is a no-brainer if you played both version you notice that the entire HUD and controls are imported from the PC version with minor or no adjustments made for console controllers. The button layout is horrible and makes bad use of the Cross/DPAD and back buttons. Camera movement should also have an option to center the cursor in the middle as standard. HUD should be adjusted for consoles to have a better view and without the requirement to swap between snap and free cursor mode. A wheel selection features popular among RTS games could possibly help swapping between Sims and different menus.
    >
    > * Basic Keyboard and Mouse support. Shouldn't be to hard to implement. This would make the game much more enjoyable.
    >
    > * Improve performance and premium console improvements. A GTX580 (1,5TFLOPS vs PS4 1,8TLFOPS) a GPU from 2011 runs the Sims 4 in 1080p @ 120FPS yet on console it only runs 30fps. Also both Playstation 4 Pro and Xbox One X are missing 4K support and better AA. I play this game on Xbox One X and I can tell the game is blurry on the big screen.
    >
    > * Shared gallery across all platforms. From my understanding this is already being worked on but important is that is shared across all platforms.
    >
    > * Some kind of mod support. Maybe as something available in the gallery. Similar to Fallout 4.
    >
    > * Bonus: Visit friends lots (some kind of online mode). Would be cool if the could have a friend list and join friends households and interact with them. This would also make the world feel more alive. Sims from your friend list can show up in your game.
    >
    >
    >
    > Opinions or something I have missed? Discuss below and lets be hopeful Maxis one day will consider real support for consoles in the future.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > KRUS
  • Topher8907Topher8907 Posts: 10 New Member
    Honestly, once you learn the controller it is ten times faster than using a mouse and keyboard. And this is a person who has used both.
  • omghappyfaceomghappyface Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Topher8907;c-17056289"]Honestly, once you learn the controller it is ten times faster than using a mouse and keyboard. And this is a person who has used both. [/quote]

I agree. When I first started I hated the controller so much I wanted to die. I couldn’t have switched to keyboard and mouse fast enough. Now, I can’t see doing without the controller. The only thing I wish is that controller users could also change the angle of the camera in build mode.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited May 2019
    I still don't get how so many people seem to have problems with the controller, it's just fine to me.
    In the beginning there was some kind of bug where the controls went haywire but that seems to be fixed (at least it didn't happen in my game for a very long time), so I don't see where the controls need fixing...specially since keyboard and mouse is supported now (and that update messed up the controlls again...so, great *sarcasm*, but has been fixed with the april 30 patch).
    Only "typing" is easier with a keyboard imho.

as for features I'd want, the gallery (I do not consider fixing bugs and better performance to be features).
    I do not like having gallerycontent forced upon me with updates, as it is now, I get that some player want premade households and builds, but I really don't and end up deleting most of them (ok I kept 2 builds but the households I always delete).
    I figure once we have the gallery that won't happen anymore.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Paper92Paper92 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @KRUSSIDULL said:
    > Hi simmers!
    >
    > Here is the top requested feautures required for the Sims 4 before console buyers will take this game seriously. I just made this list out of threads across the internet talking about console version of the Sims 4.
    >
    > * Better controls, HUD and camera. This is a no-brainer if you played both version you notice that the entire HUD and controls are imported from the PC version with minor or no adjustments made for console controllers. The button layout is horrible and makes bad use of the Cross/DPAD and back buttons. Camera movement should also have an option to center the cursor in the middle as standard. HUD should be adjusted for consoles to have a better view and without the requirement to swap between snap and free cursor mode. A wheel selection features popular among RTS games could possibly help swapping between Sims and different menus.
    >
    > * Basic Keyboard and Mouse support. Shouldn't be to hard to implement. This would make the game much more enjoyable.
    >
    > * Improve performance and premium console improvements. A GTX580 (1,5TFLOPS vs PS4 1,8TLFOPS) a GPU from 2011 runs the Sims 4 in 1080p @ 120FPS yet on console it only runs 30fps. Also both Playstation 4 Pro and Xbox One X are missing 4K support and better AA. I play this game on Xbox One X and I can tell the game is blurry on the big screen.
    >
    > * Shared gallery across all platforms. From my understanding this is already being worked on but important is that is shared across all platforms.
    >
    > * Some kind of mod support. Maybe as something available in the gallery. Similar to Fallout 4.
    >
    > * Bonus: Visit friends lots (some kind of online mode). Would be cool if the could have a friend list and join friends households and interact with them. This would also make the world feel more alive. Sims from your friend list can show up in your game.
    >
    >
    >
    > Opinions or something I have missed? Discuss below and lets be hopeful Maxis one day will consider real support for consoles in the future.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > KRUS

The original post is about 9 months old, and we've really only seen M+K support come. I feel like now that we have M+K support, and we're one pack behind on the PC, it's time to focus on some QoL updates for the Console version!

1. We need a performance patch especially. There's no reason the game should lag as much as it does on the Pro and XboneX, hopefully now that we're in pack parody, the devs can focus on this.

2. I'm honestly SHOCKED that none of the EP's have come with additional trophies. Obvious you can't release trophies for every SP, but EPs and GPs deserve some. Testing the logic triggers takes time, but I'm sure the marketing data would back up how many people purchase DLC just for trophies alone! Not only does it give you additional challenges to strive for (A thing Sims players should love!), but it also drives players to continue to play, and continue to spend more money on packs! I don't know if they can retroactively add them in now that the packs are out, but EA should really look into this. I'm sure many of our fellow forum members would buy more packs if trophies were tied with them; me being one!

3. I'm hopefully that a shared galley still comes out. I bet that their next focus is working with MS and Sony to make this happen. This will drive more sales, especially because a lot of the galley options require a lot of packs to use!

4. And my longshot want is for a true Story-Progression to be added that doesn't require modding. Even something as simple as having new sims generated and moved into house as others die off would be great! Doesn't need to be anything more than that.

I love coming to this forum and seeing all the discussions, really shows that people do love and care for this series!
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    - Split screen multiplayer

- The ability to control your sim with the analog stick (take advantage of the controller rather than resort to keyboard and mouse 😑, would also work with first person cam?)

Both features from previous console versions of the Sims, that need to be added :) ps I don’t understand why no one ask for console exclusive feautures considering there is a console team..

Also someone mentioned updated trophies with EPs etc. Defo a major oversight..
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    - The ability to control your sim with the analog stick (take advantage of the controller rather than resort to keyboard and mouse 😑, would also work with first person cam?)

oh yeah, that would be sweet!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Chirba97Chirba97 Posts: 6 New Member
    -Split screen multiplayer
    -First person mode
    -Moving the sim with analog stick
    😍👌
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Consoles has First person mode.
    Hold down on the right analog stick in order to activate it. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • HoboJoe235HoboJoe235 Posts: 2 New Member
    Please for the love of everything sim associated, allow us to switch branches on careers on sims 4, as a perfectionist a misanthropic and consitant player I really would like the option to complete every aspiration possible without creating, moving in or cheating other sims to do so, being held back on certain goals because I chose the chef stuff first really sucks.
  • MikesnowMikesnow Posts: 2 New Member
    The game is so bugged, character commands and pathing is horrible without even thinking about new features and this game has been out for a while. The more I play the more I notice more things wrong with it then, there's £200 worth of DLC which just seems like content that should of been in the base game, classic modern skeleton of a game with the DLC filler and full of bugs.
  • MikesnowMikesnow Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't even mind the UI and controls, it's not that bad compared to the bugs, terrible design choices, pathing, commands. They clearly just tried to push out the game and then the work after that went into making DLC fillers instead if fixing it the mess they had.
  • ShadowPanda0702ShadowPanda0702 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have an idea for Sims 4 on the console. Here's my idea I was thinking Sims 4 should do handicap pack or as I like to call it handi-capable pack. That would include customizable wheelchairs Walkers and crutches and leg braces for your Sims. And in build and buy mode you have the option to add ramps to your houses and the grab railings and you can also build a handi- capable bathroom with a walk-in shower and handheld shower heads. And also maybe an extra mini DLC pack with handi-capable pets such as dog and cats with three legs the ability to buy them wheelchairs if needed. They can also make it a main pack by adding a new town with like a handicap accessible Park and lots of other accessible places and maybe add a couple of new careers such as a physical therapist I think it would make it more relatable for people and Sims players with disabilities.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2019
    [quote="Paper92;c-17068883"]> @KRUSSIDULL said:
    > Hi simmers!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Best regards,
    > KRUS

The original post is about 9 months old, and we've really only seen M+K support come. I feel like now that we have M+K support, and we're one pack behind on the PC, it's time to focus on some QoL updates for the Console version!

1. We need a performance patch especially. There's no reason the game should lag as much as it does on the Pro and XboneX, hopefully now that we're in pack parody, the devs can focus on this.

2. I'm honestly SHOCKED that none of the EP's have come with additional trophies. Obvious you can't release trophies for every SP, but EPs and GPs deserve some. Testing the logic triggers takes time, but I'm sure the marketing data would back up how many people purchase DLC just for trophies alone! Not only does it give you additional challenges to strive for (A thing Sims players should love!), but it also drives players to continue to play, and continue to spend more money on packs! I don't know if they can retroactively add them in now that the packs are out, but EA should really look into this. I'm sure many of our fellow forum members would buy more packs if trophies were tied with them; me being one!

3. I'm hopefully that a shared galley still comes out. I bet that their next focus is working with MS and Sony to make this happen. This will drive more sales, especially because a lot of the galley options require a lot of packs to use!

4. And my longshot want is for a true Story-Progression to be added that doesn't require modding. Even something as simple as having new sims generated and moved into house as side die off would be great! Doesn't need to be anything more than that.

I love coming to this forum and seeing all the discussions, really shows that people do love and care for this series! [/quote]

I just wanted to let you know PC/Mac and Console already have an option to fill empty houses, you just have to have it checked in the Game options menu ( same place where you chose whether you want Sims to age I believe; on the far right); however, some people have reported to have problems with this ( as in the empty houses are not filling up)

Update: She was not pregnant, but she did have a child.
    I play on XB1 and I have no problem with this. It's funny I played yesterday and just met a Sim that was pregnant ( and no this was not City Living townie Jesminder Bheeda, not a Sim that I made, nor had any Sims impregnate her) When I asked her about her career she said she was a Stay-at-Home Mom.
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • LuisammoLuisammo Posts: 4 New Member
    I also feel like it's time we get a patch that allows photo frames that can be put in tables and regular surfaces. I really miss that option and I'm so tired of having to put all my photos on the wall!
  • Dud3tteDud3tte Posts: 23 Member
    Personally, I think that the console needs a gallery. So far, you can only see sims/lots that YOU'VE created, not lots and characters that other Simmers have made.
  • XlKPandaXlKXlKPandaXlK Posts: 1 New Member
    It would also be nice if we can get seamless windows, pretty sure PC players can get through mods, but not sure why this simply isn't a feature.
  • Itspear1_Itspear1_ Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want my first pet stuff to be a pack available for console players. Most people don’t like it but since console can’t get cc or mods I think it would be a pretty good pack for console players.
  • CleverFoalCleverFoal Posts: 1 New Member
    I think those who buy dlc at full price should get a pack or something for free after they buy a certain amount worth of content
  • SimsConsoleCCSimsConsoleCC Posts: 1 New Member
    I want more things in the sims 4 like:
    -Slow dancing
    -CC
    -MODS
    -skin Complexions
    -sicknesses
    -bands
    Etc.
    Just make the game more realistic
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2019
    -We need bare minimum gallery:
    Xbox to Xbox
    Playstation to Playstation.

-More options to bundle and save like pc has

-Release of new expansion packs,game packs, and stuff packs on same day for pc and console/at least the updates. Alot ( not all but alot) of pc players would prefer to play for example Island Living a month later without alot of the bugs that were released with it and get the fix that console got upon release before pc.

-The pack that must not be named. *cough I need that fish table EA....

-Add table picture frames in a free update like y'all teased in Strangerville.( update:they actually did this for the patch for Moschino)

- From the new update I cant use debug mode for my builds without "cheating" I wish you guys could have some options not considered as cheating like debug mode so we can still earn achievements.

- Be able to chose poses when taking selfies or telling another Sim how to pose. Based on thier mood theyll do the pose ,but if theyre angry or sad, thier face will show it; so they need to be in a positive mood for smiles ( Hopefully this can be in the Moschino Stuff Pack- update this wish was granted).

Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    The gallery is do important in the sims 3 I would use it all the time on Console and it worked perfectly
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    We need the gallery very important for console playeesy