Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Sims 4 rebrand: my thoughts

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It's ugly too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think the new cover looks great. Sure, maybe they can add more diversity but it's nice to see new faces and new CAS content rather than the old base game ones.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    At least it's truthful, at least two of the new sims lack a chin, which is very representative of townies in game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    never a fan of the original look because the white bg just looked so... bland

but also why is it only YA they really should have put middle aged sim and elder sim at least even if we can excuse kids and toddlers as hard to place due to height differences

still overall though is a welcome change

and i suppose this is because they realized they were gonna run out of colors really quick with all these packs 😂😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Csibeubi3 wrote: »
    I'm gonna miss that all of the Expansion Packs had different colors. It was so cool. I like that Game Packs and Stuff Packs are all the same blue and green. Maybe they are doing this because they ran out of colors. :D But still, I'm upset about this. :((( It made them more special. :((

I know right? I was thinking the same thing!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    How come there's no Black/Latin guy in this "rebrand" and "redesign"?

I don't feel represented anymore.

More importantly how are there only 3 guys out of 9 sims in the render? Feminism much? It should be 50/50

Just as importantly, all of them are Young Adult Sims which are weirdly designed to look like older teens.

There was far more representation of all ages, genders, and races in TS2/TS3's boxarts. This just looks like they're trying to appeal to a very specific demographic. And The Sims is more than just playing young adults.
    also idk but just a thought that maybe they wanted to recolor it so there is more clear separation between ts4 and ts4 legacy edition?
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    At least it's truthful, at least two of the new sims lack a chin, which is very representative of townies in game.

Even more so since all besides one is showing their main emotion. All smiles and happiness!
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Is me or the new artbox has a look like The Sims 2 artbox?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The new design can already be seen in German stores. Today at my local retailer:

KglQ88F.jpg

Ahh. That German name of The Sims 4 always makes me laugh.

it say its for six year olds are they going to change the rating
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    How come there's no Black/Latin guy in this "rebrand" and "redesign"?

I don't feel represented anymore.

More importantly how are there only 3 guys out of 9 sims in the render? Feminism much? It should be 50/50

The world isn't 50% White, 50% Non-White, either, but that's what we see in the picture - and that is assuming the gal in green is Asian. ;)

I am told that The Sims is a "girls' game". I don't buy that rationale, but it may be what is at play here.

So what? You want to put the most representation possible on your cover. That’s what the previous cover offered. In terms of personality as well. All of the new sims in the cover look like they all have the same personality ehich is actually fitting for TS4.

yeah cause people who look alike ARE alike, absolutely! All white people are the same, all men are the same.

Huh?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    *whispers* none of the men in the new sims cover have beards its out of fashion now
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Maybe this doesn't matter but the new one looks to have content that's not in the base game - objects and cas stuff (jewelry, baking, photography?) - I could be mistaken. But would that be considered false advertising? Maybe it doesn't matter. Also it might just be me but some of the sims look poorly rendered, especially in the second row, kind of like the sims mobile renders.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Allison18 wrote: »
    Maybe this doesn't matter but the new one looks to have content that's not in the base game - objects and cas stuff (jewelry, baking, photography?) - I could be mistaken. But would that be considered false advertising? Maybe it doesn't matter. Also it might just be me but some of the sims look poorly rendered, especially in the second row, kind of like the sims mobile renders.

Exactly at first when I saw this I thought it was a render for the mobile version.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Allison18 wrote: »

No they are adding everything on the cover into the base game whether it’s from another pack or not. Graham confirmed this on Twitter.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I for one, am extremely nervous about this. I just have a feeling that this is going to be a controversial one, depending on how this new update is implemented. I know it's impossible to please everybody, but granted how some features have been implemented in the past, controversy would not surprise me one bit. I'm genuinely concerned that this new update may end up being way too overhyped.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the new cover?

Screenshot-39-1320x743.jpg

I like this, I hope these sims get uploaded to the Gallery the way the originals were. Where is the hair that the pink haired woman at the bottom left is wearing from? Never seen it before.
    I'm not really a fan of how the home screen layout is changing, though.

What does the new home screen look like?

jFhaWVf.png

I really miss the old simplistic approach. Its so Simple yet quite modern. Now they had changed it. Even the pack Icons look much more better in the old version.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »

I like this, I hope these sims get uploaded to the Gallery the way the originals were. Where is the hair that the pink haired woman at the bottom left is wearing from? Never seen it before.

jFhaWVf.png

I really miss the old simplistic approach. Its so Simple yet quite modern. Now they had changed it. Even the pack Icons look much more better in the old version.

Look at the diference between the plumbobs in that picture.....how jarring!! The new one simply does not fit with the game's graphics!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

jFhaWVf.png

Loot at the diference between the plumbobs in that picture.....how jarring!! The new one simply does not fit with the game's graphics!

Now this had made
    me realized. Did they forget to match the plumbob
    with the Artstyle? The Logo dosen't feel like its mide for this game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Kind of weird that it looks like all of the sims in the new render are young adults.

Yea, another thing I don't like. I don't see how this new design appeals to anyone who is not a teen/young adult.

I agree there and am sad that all they appear to be concerned about is younger players and certain stereotypes but in the end it truly will be their loss as older players of past generations simply give up and continue to play older iterations of the game instead of buying the new versions at all.

Are we seriously suggesting that older players felt included or represented by a caricature "little old lady" on the original cover design?

I mean, I'd love to see more adult & elder faces, too, as I enter my AARP years, but how about a current and with-it silver haired professional, or, as a prior generation ages further, an elderly hippie? Disapproving Granny wasn't doing us any favors, really, if we are going to talk about "certain stereotypes".
    edited July 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Kind of weird that it looks like all of the sims in the new render are young adults.

Yea, another thing I don't like. I don't see how this new design appeals to anyone who is not a teen/young adult.

I agree there and am sad that all they appear to be concerned about is younger players and certain stereotypes but in the end it truly will be their loss as older players of past generations simply give up and continue to play older iterations of the game instead of buying the new versions at all.

Are we seriously suggesting that older players felt included or represented by a caricature "little old lady" on the original cover design?

I mean, I'd love to see more adult & elder faces, too, as I enter my AARP years, but how about a current and with-it silver haired professional, or, as a prior generation ages further, an elderly hippie? Disapproving Granny wasn't doing us any favors, really, if we are going to talk about "certain stereotypes".

idk im young adult gal and I still felt more represented by disapproving grandma
    and the middle aged dude though mentally speaking ( I just love to disapprove of them even younger ppl and ppl my age)
    but I like that the new cover is colorful and the loading screen blue because it gives me that sims nostalgia the white screen totally did not give

they could add rocker grandma tho or grandpa
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I do think the revamp matches the core Sims 4 philosophy, at least: you're taking something, oversimplifying it, giving it a new paint job, and then throwing in superficial improvements that don't address most of the main problems behind it.

And yes, I know this isn't a big deal and likely didn't take anything away from the game itself. I just wanted to make a joke. Let me live.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited July 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    I do think the revamp matches the core Sims 4 philosophy, at least: you're taking something, oversimplifying it, giving it a new paint job, and then throwing in superficial improvements that don't address most of the main problems behind it.

And yes, I know this isn't a big deal and likely didn't take anything away from the game itself. I just wanted to make a joke. Let me live.

yeah I think the reason people say they ''hate the blue'' is because its too simple blue like certainly it wasn't bothering people in earlier games where it always was blue for loading screens they should probably add something to it like little sparkles *cough makin' magic* or whatever little tone change maybe?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

yeah I think the reason people say they ''hate the blue'' is because its too simple blue like certainly it wasn't bothering people in earlier games where it always was blue for loading screens they should probably add something to it like little sparkles *cough makin' magic* or whatever little tone change maybe?
    Some 3d sparkles in the blue would be fantastic.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---