Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    To be honest, whilst I dislike a lot of what they're doing, I don't think there's a single thing wrong with them making these types of changes. It harms no one and can increase appeal in the game, and considering it's still doing well and is unlikely to end very soon, they're not beating a dead horse, they're winning races with a live one. 🤷
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »
    Except the colors they choose for rebranding can hurt people. Even looking at pictures of the loading screen gives me a migraine, and judging from twitter its triggering a lot of migraines for other people as well. I dont even want to open my game anymore if its going to give me. A migraine just from looking at the picture for a few moments versus every time I load a lot. Im not against them doing a rebranding I just think they should have been smarter with their color palette choices.

I have migraines, so I was curious about this. It appears they should actually have made the screen green. https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/one-color-relieves-migraines-with-light-therapy
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited July 2019
    do you ahve to complain about everything i find the new loading screen very pretty and for me as a player of the sims it fits perfectly easy to read and nice and light color
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    We cant expect mods for everything. This is atrocious and we have to speak against it!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I really can't say I care. I spend literally 2 seconds max on that page so I dunno. I guess I'll survive.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    as @Sindocat said, it's the Marketing team that handles things like re-branding & such, not the Gurus and the game development teams. Marketing is a totally separate area with their own budget, people & resources to do this kind of thing; so they're NOT taking any time, money or resources away from game development.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Just when I had gotten used to the Load Game button being on the left side now, they move it back to the right (At least I think it used to be way more to the right in the older versions. Anyway, it looks better there now).

As for the blue, it's not much of an improvement over the bright white that gave many users headaches. Why not use something brown, beige or pastel that's easy on the eyes?
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I think it's pretty cool. If they're going to do stuff like this I'd really like to see them add more vocabulary and voice options or different accents even. The same 3 voice types for male/female is getting a little dull.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    as @Sindocat said, it's the Marketing team that handles things like re-branding & such, not the Gurus and the game development teams. Marketing is a totally separate area with their own budget, people & resources to do this kind of thing; so they're NOT taking any time, money or resources away from game development.

And people are refusing to listen to this and CONTINUE to complain about it. This is just like the Alexa thing or the First Person thing that were worked on out of the office and people still whine that it "took time away from the game". When it didn't.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Maybe it looks really awesome on low-end computers?
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Here the new main menu and loading screen

pdyuu6b9a96h.jpg
    6zh6r3xeaeha.jpg

Why didn't they make the top half blue? It would've looked a little better.

Also, not a fan of this redesign at all. It almost made me throw up when I first saw it. Terrible.
    Proud simmer
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    IMO, they should have given the option to make the game's live, build, and buy mode UI blue and more colorful as well, similar to how it was pre-release. Now it just looks inconsistent. And I've never been a fan of the boring "minimal" white with zero color.

tumblr_n6of6yhLPD1sdo4uwo4_1280.png

1097898_10151796356059547_2115648447_o.png
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    And people are refusing to listen to this and CONTINUE to complain about it. This is just like the Alexa thing or the First Person thing that were worked on out of the office and people still whine that it "took time away from the game". When it didn't.

@PlayerSinger2010 I agree. Do I wish the developers would concentrate more on fixing bugs & improving things already in-game (ie: babies, teens, elders)? Of *course* I do. Do I blame them for things that are out of their control (budget) or that aren't their responsibility (re-branding, alexa)? NO. I don't know the first thing about video game production, but I DO know that you don't have infinite money, time or resources. Folks need to stop blaming the developers for things they have NO involvement with, like the upcoming re-branding. Don't just assume everything EA/Maxis does is done by the game developers, because not everything is. On the other hand, the CAS & build/buy changes *are* courtesy of the devs so any complaints can be rightfully sent their way lol.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    To summarize this topic:

“I don’t like this in my game!”
    “And I don’t like yououououou!”
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    IMO, they should have given the option to make the game's live, build, and buy mode UI blue and more colorful as well, similar to how it was pre-release. Now it just looks inconsistent. And I've never been a fan of the boring "minimal" white with zero color.

This shade of blue seems nice in comparison with the new rebrand design. Srls, much cleaner shade than that eye-sore.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    The loading screen blue looks very flat and I truly dislike the royal blue color they added to the title. The white looked clean and modern and I'm definitely going to miss the icons and their original colors. I feel like there are other ways to show your loyalty to the game and players than redesigning the home/loading screen/icons. Perhaps being more transparent about updates players have been actually asking for? Adding in some features or making fixes to bugs/items/neighborhoods?
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2019
    and you do realize that people working on rebranding don't work on game features which you are looking for and its useless to blame this small change for anything missing?

I personally think it is because they wanted some separation for ts4 and ts4 legacy edition titles to avoid confusion with
    "does this pack work 32bit or nah"

and in general since ts4 is continuing they be running out of pack colors really soon if they didn't choose some

for me the new color scheme works better anyway because that white always hurted my eyes being way too bright and it felt kinda dead and not sims like so im glad they changed that

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

This shade of blue seems nice in comparison with the new rebrand design. Srls, much cleaner shade than that eye-sore.

I agree, the original shade of blue looks far better than the one they settled for this rebranding with.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I think they are trying to make it look like The Sims 1, especially with the colour scheme.
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I am so sorry but I absolutely hate it. The new plumbob is kinda cute and it's really the only thing I'll give a pass on, but the blue background?? Giving me Window XP vibes in the worst possible way. The main menu could also work layout-wise, but the blue's gotta go. Leave it for Sims 3. And the pack icons shouldn't be tampered with either, it just doesn't feel as genuine not having the official icons on the screen.

I know I'm not the first person to say all of this, but what do you guys think from what we've seen so far?
    original.gif
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    The whole redesign is so basic and ugly, makes the game look super cheap and D grade. Ugh.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh your not alot including myself hate it...
    But there are some people that will praise it either way so -shrugs-
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and you do realize that people working on rebranding don't work on game features which you are looking for and its useless to blame this small change for anything missing?

I personally think it is because they wanted some separation for ts4 and ts4 legacy edition titles to avoid confusion with
    "does this pack work 32bit or nah"

and in general since ts4 is continuing they be running out of pack colors really soon if they didn't choose some

for me the new color scheme works better anyway because that white always hurted my eyes being way too bright and it felt kinda dead and not sims like so im glad they changed that

Yes the team in charge of this wouldn’t be taking anything away from the game but....

The legacy edition isn’t being released yet due to it being postponed so it will have the same changes when it does happen. I think it has to do with the amount of time the game has gone on and this is just further proving they are going to continue adding to it. It’s also representing how much change has happened since release 😊.

I don’t personally love it but I’ll get used to it I’m sure. It’s just something that more than anything will take getting used to. It’s not ugly just a bit of a drastic change to me.