Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If possible, would you be willing to compromise on open world gameplay in The Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    No
    Not if it is going to make the game run less smoothly and it brings back rabbit holes. I absolutely HATE RABBIT HOLES!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    One of my biggest pet peeves with Sims3 was all the routing errors.
    This happens in Sims 4 as well. My sims get "stuck" a lot. I have one sim who gets an invisible book stuck in his hand after putting the physical book on the floor.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Asking for an open world in Sims5 might mean we will be forced to compromise on performance and features, and that's something I hope we won't see.
    Too late. Sims 4 was created from the beginning to run on lower end comptuers, so performance and features were sacrificed from the get-go. Did you miss the uproar when Sims 4 finally upgraded from 32-bit to 64-bit? There was a LOT of complaining about exlcuding fans who can't afford newer computers, which is why the game was created how it was in the first place.

They didn’t upgrade yet, it was postponed....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    To be honest I don’t think they’ll ever go back to an open world concept. I would like to see open neighborhoods though since the ones we have now are “semi” open. I like being able to visit other worlds without having to move or go on vacation. But being able to go to my neighbors house or multiple shop venues without a loading screen would be lovely.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    Yes
    The open world in TS3 worked horrible for me, they lagged so much! So I appreciate the smaller loading screens in TS4 as it allows for me and other simmers playing on slower and older machines, for much smoother play. I do support the idea of open neighborhoods, it seems like a good compromise between those who would rather have open world and those who would rather not.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    One of the largest criticisms Sims 4 has gotten is the lack of open world. **snip**

If possible, do you think this would be an acceptable compromise?

I believe it deserves that criticism. It's a bit ridiculous that this little park next to my house requires me to travel to a different zone.

fRFaC0v.png

I've been there a few times and there's been 4-5 people there at the most. Why was it necessary to make it this way? Seems like a waste.

I would love to have a huge open map like like GTAV,(for Sims 5) but I know they probably won't ever do that. They could however build each neighborhood as an instance like you mentioned. I'd love to look out and see my neighbors cooking out, gardening or have to call the local PD because they are playing their music too loud or constantly arguing and fighting haha. They really are missing out on a lot of interesting game play with this world design.

Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2019
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Not if it is going to make the game run less smoothly and it brings back rabbit holes. I absolutely HATE RABBIT HOLES!

I hate rabbit holes too. I don't pay $40 for a bunch of stuff I cant interact with or even see happening :D<3@SheriSim57
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Yes
    I would really like this, especially in San Myshuno so that I can go to apartments next door without a loading screen.
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Yes
    A compromise like that may work. I didn't really like Sims3 and hardly played it. I prefer the Sims 2 model, but a compromise may work.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019
    Other (?)
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hate rabbit holes too. I don't pay $40 for a bunch of stuff I cant interact with or even see happening :D<3@SheriSim57
    You mean like most of the careers in Sims 4, and kids going to school, and the volunteer activities, and the dive spots?

Sims 2 and Sims 4 have rabbit holes, people!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    Yes
    I personally feel and view this issue as a semantic one that has been 'weaponized' per se, and is one of the core issues that I personally have with the game. I would be 110% Happy with having an open Neighbourhood. With few exceptions, there are in general enough lots in any given 'hood to accommodate several different kinds of lots, and allow us to be able to place whichever kind of lots within them and have Sims utilizing them to make living at the Home residential lot feel 'alive'. 110% Happy about travel to disparate locations and the foot traffic. When I say 'weaponized', I am referring to the concept of having ALL of the neighborhoods open to non-loading screen travel is an entirely different thing than a localized 'open neighbourhood' of anywhere from 2 up to 7 lots. That much should absolutely be do-able, especially with an exclusively 64 bit engine that is forthcoming. 'Weaponization' comes in to play with the misleading comparison (made by certain persons) of having a vast, user-customizeable world with however many numerous lots all abuzz with activity (or not as much) with user-placed decor and lots (along with the additional routing and texture issues that all brings) and comparing the lag that having such a place/world all loaded and running in comparison to a neighbourhood with only said few 2-7 lots having activity, and not being able or willing to open up such a comparatively small amount of lots in Sims 4. "Open World" has become akin to the boogeyman of the Sims 4 when players think of Sims 3. It shouldn't be thought of as such, at all.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    I think at a minimum we should have 6-10 lots in a region and should be able to freely travel between those lots without a loading screen. I would be fine with a loading screen to travel to other regions and worlds. I also like how in the sims 2 we were able to manipulate the world from the neighborhood view. Maybe we could bring these features together?
    I think I voted incorrectly because I misread the question. I do lean towards wanting an open world.