The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Of all the things wrong with the world, this is what upsets you?

Updating branding literally happens all the time. It is a standard business practice. EA/Maxis is - surprise! - a business.

What's the problem? It's not like Marketing - the division that handles branding - would otherwise be creating content. You do realize that it's different people who have that job, right?

No, EA is forever evil! Let's all hate EA! B)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Ad dark mod would be better because the new look and loading screen is really bad for my eyes and for other peoples too. I'm getting headaches/migraines just seeing at it. Too bright. :'(
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Ow. That blue hurt my eyes.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I hate how the new loading screen looks, seriously?!
    in the past it was literally JUST a brightly white background, now this new update is going to apply a jarring blue background.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    watch out I bet you the forum is next with that awful blue
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    It's all superficial stuff so I'm not bothered.

The loading screen still looks unfinished either way. But I agree that the new design is very reminiscent of the "blue screen of death". I'm pretty sure that's not quite the look they were going for. :#
    #Team Occult
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Ad dark mod would be better because the new look and loading screen is really bad for my eyes and for other peoples too. I'm getting headaches/migraines just seeing at it. Too bright. :'(

I agree, this new loading screen is gonna be really hard on the eyes. I've shown much support over the years for TS4, and it's my favorite game, but this is a poor decision. I hope they are reading these comments and decide to change their minds in changing this.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    That plumbob? Ugly.
    The overly bright colors? Ugly!
    The whole thing? UGLY!!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Updating branding literally happens all the time. It is a standard business practice. EA/Maxis is - surprise! - a business.

What's the problem? It's not like Marketing - the division that handles branding - would otherwise be creating content. You do realize that it's different people who have that job, right?

I mean whether or not you think it's a waste, I think it's pretty ugly nonetheless.

In your opinion. I personally prefer the blue to the plain, ugly white.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Chill out. It's just a new picture.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I mean whether or not you think it's a waste, I think it's pretty ugly nonetheless.

In your opinion. I personally prefer the blue to the plain, ugly white.

Yes, in my opinion, which is why I said "I think".

I'm talking specifically about the new pack icons.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    I wish they polled the community about the redesign. Even if I was overruled, at least it would feel more like they were trying to consider our thoughts in the matter. Or better yet, let us choose between the menus and screens so we can personalize them to our liking.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I don't know what I'm going to do if this is a compulsory change, or if there's no dark variation. I've had eyesight problems since I was a child and certain bright colours can trigger migraines very rapidly, and this scheme really isn't too kind in that respect.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    They could have totally revamped personalities instead of giving us a little "bait" with the stories cas and this awful new design for the game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    They could have totally revamped personalities instead of giving us a little "bait" with the stories cas.

I would actually be all forthis!!!
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited July 2019
    It hurts my eyes... so, so much.

I'm fine with the new layout (though I do actually like the current one we have more) and the new pack designs and icon colours, but the new menu and loading screen colours are horrible, I'm not keen on the new Plumbob design either.

I wish that they had stuck with neutral colours. And what about people who have visual difficulties? I'm not sure they would appreciate this new eyesore. :/
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Awful..
    Lu4ERme.gif