Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Weasley Legacy

FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
I've just started my very first public legacy, I'd really love for you to stop by and read it.
Maybe give me some pointers on how to improve it.
I am playing with the current pinstar rules, and I'll also be going for points.

Generation 1
Chapter 1- First Legacy-Getting Started
Chapter 2 - Getting Mr Right/Wrong
Chapter 3 - Marriage Bells
Chapter 4 - Bump Watch
Chapter 5 - Three Makes a Family
Chapter 6 - Happy(?) Toddler
Chapter 7 - Happy(?) Toddler pt2
Chapter 8 - Toddler-Centric

sKfourh.jpg?1
This is Ginny Weasley, my founder.
cj5s98L.jpg?1
And her traits/aspiration.

My main succession rule that I am adding in to my legacy is that all potential heirs MUST have red hair. Can't be a Weasley legacy without red hair! Any of the three red hair tones are acceptable though to add a little variation.
Another little fun fact is that every single sim born to the founder and all heirs will be names after a Harry Potter character.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Post edited by Fortescue on

Comments

• sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Hi! Looking forward to seeing where your legacy goes.
    Needing red haired heirs is an interesting twist and would be interesting to see the development of genetics in future generations!
    I'll try and bookmark your legacy through my wordpress. I'm on there as the Waites Legacy 😊
  • FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    @sueplayssims
    Thanks!
    I'm off work today so I've been playing a whole bunch. Expect the next chapter soon!
    I'll go check out your legacy too!
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    @Fortescue

Well done! I am excited to see how this legacy goes!
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    It's fun to be able to follow a legacy from the beginning, and I love Ginny already. I bookmarked this thread to follow your progress. :)
    The second chapter is up! Still trying to figure out the best way to post them. My screenshots folder is a hot mess.
    https://weasleylegacy.home.blog/2019/07/12/getting-mr-right-wrong/
    Third chapter is up!
    https://weasleylegacy.home.blog/2019/07/12/marriage-bells/
    I have enough material for a fourth chapter, so I'll post that one later tonight.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Haha the bit about the bush did make me laugh!
    I find if you order your screenshots folder by date created it helps you keep track :)
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    I can't wait to see their kids!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Your Ginny is lovely!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

@sueplayssims
    Is there a way for me to do that without manually doing it?
    I am almost computer illiterate. Haha
    I've got no idea how to do things that aren't going to my same five websites.
    Edit: I might just be dumb. Ignore all of that. They are in chronological order. I just have an awful memory and am apparently remembering things out of order.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    @Fortescue funny thing is my first (?) song chapter of my Swanson Legacy Gen 7 has Harry and Ginny and Hermione and Ron as two of the several couples mentioned/shown
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee
    Ohh that's neat! I'll have to check it out.

Also, chapter 5 is now up!
    https://weasleylegacy.home.blog/2019/07/13/three-makes-a-family/
    Chapters 6 and 7 are up! I've added links to the first post.

Would you guys prefer the heir poll when the youngest eligible child becomes a teenager or a young adult?
    I'm not quite sure when to do it.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    teens.. Oh and BTW babies and toddlers don't bother hate children sims its only when they're "school age' does the trait come into affect
    6adMCGP.gif