Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GRRRR food stealers!

Every time i go to a restaurant and order food it gets stolen by npcs sooooo annoying!

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    NEW BUG!! Yes I am experiencing the same thing!!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Several others are also, including me. For the time being, I've stopped sending my sims there.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    yes guess i will have to stop too though i placed a great lil restaurant from the gallery, back to the bars i go
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    It's so annoying because restaurants are so much fun but they're just so broken. The other bugs I could work around but this one makes them unplayable. I've started deleting sims because I get so mad. >:)
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    My sims have been taking each others food at home. I was wondering what they were doing with their food when their hunger wasn't filled. Then one time I noticed the thought bubble of one of my sims. It was eggs and toast and I knew her husband had just sat down with the last of the eggs and toast. Sure enough she got the eggs and toast.
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    Not restaurant related but I've been seeing food disappear out of my fridge. I have my sims do "meal prep" on their days off from work, which means I have them make large portions of meals that can then be used as leftovers but when I invite npcs over, they eat/take all the servings! I don't mind if they help themselves to one serving, but they take all 8, which ruins my meal prep plan.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    This happened to me too. I was eating dinner and hadn't even got the first bite when Nancy Landgrab came over and grabbed my plate. After a stunned second, I had my sim get up, walk over to Nancy Grabbyhands and took my sim's dinner back. My sim still hadn't had the first bite when ol' Nance is back and swipes the dinner again. I kid you not, we went back and forth four times before my sim finally managed to get dinner. So rude! and humorous. Don't do this to me in real life though, I wield a mean fork when protecting my dinner. ;)
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Happens on sims lots too. Other hungry sims steal food from other sim as they are eating it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Please do "me too" over here to help nudge this up in priority! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Sims-Taking-Other-Diner-s-Food/m-p/7956548#M92112
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    There's a bug report for Sims Taking Other Diner's Food; helps if you can hit the 'me-too' button!

@simlimb - There is a bug-report where people have talked about npcs that help themselves to your sim's fridge; if you wanted you could post your experience &/or 'me-too' the first post. (Problem's not limited to Sulani; I don't have IL & had NPCs invade the home of one of my sims in Willow Creek, & try to raid the fridge.)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have the dining out problem. The only way I can get my Sims through a meal is to use MCCC to make all the other Sims leave. Which makes the restaurant look empty, but at least they finish their meal.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Same thing is happening to me, after the June patch. Did the 'me too'. Had to log in to EA network first though. First time that's happened.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Also was happening to me. I finally removed the restaurants from my game so sims would stop asking my sims out to eat. I also signed to me too post.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I've had this happen to me at bars, seems like a recent all around bug. I just shift click my drink and "Reset Object" so the holder drops it and my sim can get it. Works fine so far, I have no patience to work around bugs without cheats.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yea is why am not bother to make restaurant or right till update hopefully be fixed's I love my sims go on date to somewhere without someone taking the food.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2019
    sure it's annoying, but it's also bloody hilarious. instead of getting angry i find myself giggling every time it happens lol. i love restaurants and ain't nothing gonna stop me from having my sims dine out
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I never had that problem, dining out got your food stolen, but last night, my sims who are sisters and roommates, one steals the other's food at home. :p Are we going to have our sims fighting over food?? I just went to the site and hit the MeToo button.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It drove me crazy at first, now I just have my sims steal food off NPCs. Payback!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    So, stole theirs back? I would retaliate if my food is being stolen.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I just wait until the thief sits down with my sim’s plate, then I go into “build mode” and place the plate back to its rightful owner. The confused look on sim-thief’s face is priceless.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    I just wait until the thief sits down with my sim’s plate, then I go into “build mode” and place the plate back to its rightful owner. The confused look on sim-thief’s face is priceless.

Lol I've done that as well as just stole it back from them while they were eating.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free