Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

Comments

• TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    @Prink34320V2 The point of an "official mod" would be that it is made and mantained by Maxis. But the scenario I described is also not something I would have proposed, just one of the things I would have preferred over a stuff pack.

@Cupid It really is not a matter of taste for me. My own sims don't reflect my style and I totally wouldn't mind if one of them was into Moschino.

I guess what bugs me most about that pack is... has anybody asked for this? If so, I apologize, but are their numbers as big as those of people begging for university, farming, magic, or, my own personal favorite, bug fixes? It is a scheduled pack that takes resources from stuff many of us would have preferred.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cupid It really is not a matter of taste for me. My own sims don't reflect my style and I totally wouldn't mind if one of them was into Moschino.

The original post seemed to go along with the assumption that the pack is only going to be usable by someone to whom the style appeals on a personal level.
    I wouldn't want to be cremated in these rags.
    I am sure some of you have Moschino at home and like it

But as you've clarified, that isn't the case, so moving on..
    I guess what bugs me most about that pack is... has anybody asked for this? If so, I apologize, but are their numbers as big as those of people begging for university, farming, magic, or, my own personal favorite, bug fixes? It is a scheduled pack that takes resources from stuff many of us would have preferred.

I have two problems with the "we didn't ask for this" mindset. The first is that it stifles creativity on the end of the developers. The second is that it only ever favors the majority. A game like this which supports a wide variety of playstyles will end up leaving a lot of people behind if they only push out whatever the majority is asking for.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well, the thing with Stuff Packs is, They are supposed to have Stuff. So if they add a lot of Stuff with the clothes we should have gotten for free, I would be happy with it.
    This is what I think may have happened, This company are big shots, and they came to EA/Maxis Because they Play the Sims and thought it would be cool to design for the Sims.

Well EA/Maxis loved the Ideal but did not want to pay that outrageous price for the clothed. So someone came up with the Ideal that the Simmers would pay for them in a Stuff Pack. That way everyone would be happy. OK we are getting some cool clothes,? I think I have to wait and see and make sure it's not just a few tee shirts and some hoodie.

Just I do not want them to start thinking they can call anything a Stuff Pack. If just clothes then call it a Fashion Pack. (at least one outfit each for our toddlers and kids) they should add a Lot of stuff with the clothes, Furniture, beach toys, Jewelry, Back Packs, Purses, Hair in wild colors, Pool toys, Cars lol.

I want a no regrets pack after buying.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Likely going to be flamed for this, but I don't understand how somebody could be uninterested or even dislike a pack, and yet purchase it for the sole reason for completing this virtual collection of theirs. I know this isn't going to stop you doing it, but if you really don't like something the best way of showing that you're uninterested/dissatisfied/disapproving of something is not to spend money on it. Actions speak louder than words. Exactly why I'm not going to buy Moschino or any other pack I'm not content with... just for a collection.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    I have two problems with the "we didn't ask for this" mindset. The first is that it stifles creativity on the end of the developers. The second is that it only ever favors the majority. A game like this which supports a wide variety of playstyles will end up leaving a lot of people behind if they only push out whatever the majority is asking for.

@Cupid you make some good points here, though I don't think they apply to this particular pack.

A stuff pack, by it's nature, is limited to (mostly) CAS and build items, which in this case will be dictated by Moschino's line. The concept itself doesn't give room for much creativity.

And to make this a minority vs majority issue, wouldn't that require a minority that wanted this in the first place? And do new stuff and a career really count as a new playstyle?
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm curious none the less, Moschino does have a bizzare idea of fashion, but I'm also wondering what the BB will look like.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    never too sure about stuff packs , it's adding a new carreer so that's a positive... but meh
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    I like the sound of the new career though..
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited July 2019
    I will buy it because I like to own all the packs..

This reminds me of TS3 with their partnership with Diesel. This isn't something new they have done.

At least they are adding a career unlike TS3!
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I'm gonna wait for a sale, but yeah, because I buy everything they give me... though tbh I have no clue about this "moschino" and what that even means. Maybe I'm too old. Need to google that. It's clothing, I guess?
    But I am not happy about this stuff. I want something for elders. Not some hoodies or superfashion thingies.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Interesting pack, tbh didn’t know what Diesel was in TS3 and they turned out to have nice clothes and furniture. So who knows there might be nice stuff
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I feel they only added the career so the pack will sell... But I’ll be getting it on sale. Or not at all, if it’s too... Moshino for me. I don’t like the brand.

Of course
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I looked at the website at the IRL clothing and that told me all I needed to know. The "career" included is not even enticing to me.
    edited July 2019
    Is it Fair to our Mods? Our Mods have worked hard for us for years making us beautiful clothes for our Sims for FREE? and a big shot supper wealthy supper rich company come in and make a few pieces and we must pay the big shots for what? their name. Show simmers what's in the box. no mystery packs!

Be fair to our Mods give the little people a chance Our mods deserve it more. I want to see us have Our own Mods Stuff Packs for even vanilla players.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Is it Fair to our Mods? Our Mods have worked hard for us for years making us beautiful clothes for our Sims for FREE? and a big shot supper wealthy supper rich company come in and make a few pieces and we must pay the big shots for what? their name. Show simmers what's in the box. no mystery packs!

Be fair to our Mods give the little people a chance Our mods deserve it more. I want to see us have Our own Mods Stuff Packs for even vanilla players.

This is beautiful.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I looked up their clothing line bcuz I didn't know who they were and I thought some of the stuff was really cute. But as I said in another post I just don't think it's worth the price. The clothing line is way too expensive IRL.

As far as the pack it really comes down to what's in it. If it has cute stuff then I will definitely get this pack once it goes on sale : ). If I don't like what it has I just won't get it, just like I refuse to buy My First Pet...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2019
    So many people are asking for other things, instead they make this. And how are they gonna make a career out of photography? The game does not seem to care what you take photos of, just the area you are in.
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    The heck is moschino? A fancy coffee drink? ;)
    Yeah, I'm old.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Not only no, but H no! Two main reasons: 1) In view of the 'clothing' line the contents will be junk. No way would I put even a sim into that garbage. 2) Most importantly, the bait of another career (which will probably be buggy as all get out in view of their track record of late) is blatent trickery, a pure money grab with no redemptive qualities. I'd go so far as to say unethical. This makes 3 of 4 packs this year I'm not getting. Had enough of the sleeze.
    My main complaint is the sleight of hand approach of adding a new career. This strikes me as sleezy, a cash grab. With so bloody much wrong with this 'game', especially after the June patch, to even think of doing this is reprehensible. If they absolutely must push out a stuff pack, it would be better to do one that will actually enhance our playing experience, not dump "wtbh is this?" on us.
    They would be adding whatever they have been induced by the 'designer' to add. This pack comes across as another shameless con, and I want nothing to do with it. Packs of whatever type should be enhancements to our playing experience, not an exercise in 'how ridiculous can we get before they come after us with pitchforks and torches?'.
    Not liking this at all. Trash 'clothes' (did some research) and a sleezy bribe of a probably buggy new career. EA can put this where the sun doesn't shine. Better yet, scrap it and devote resources to something actually beneficial to the playing experience.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I will buy it because I buy all the packs, but I'm not exactly excited for it. Will likely wait for a sale.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Moschino fasion must not be as popular as they claim it is because I had to look it up and ask poeple what it was here on the forum. I don't think I am going to buy it until its the last pack of the series or if money falls off a Tree that says buy the pack. H&M that was different that is high class fasion even the peseants in England knew what that store was even though they couldn't afford it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

It's not that I do not like their clothes, I do. I love their toddler clothes and some of their clothes are normal.
    Just my Sims do not deserve designer outfits. It's not like I wear them real.

I rarely buy anything for myself real that's, not on the sale rack. I even got my wedding dress from the sale rack lol :D.
    Now if they would put Island Living on sale maybe I could afford to buy more. But if I have to pay full price for Island living then add this Designer clothes Pack.that's $50.00 I feel depressed over money I need for my Sims 4. :s . I could add a new part-time job, but then I would not have time to play my Sims. :D