Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mystery of the scared towelrunners

2...Next

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Just caught one for the first time today in art district at night.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I did see a fair number of towel dressed Sims a while back after I put a spa in Willow Creek - so I assumed it was to do with the Spa. Then I removed the spa there and added it to Outdoor Retreat - and the towel runners seemed to have stopped.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    GGgkkg wrote: »
    Is this guy not only scared and towel-clad, but smiling? Weird, weird stuff...

It does look like he's terrified by whatever is going on, but happy he escaped.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I just saw a towel runner in my game too! My human sim was hanging out with her vampire dad just outside her San Myshuno apartment when a towel clad runner proceeded to run circles around them and run off. Pretty funny. They kept trying to introduce themselves to him to avail lol
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am just glad this doesn't only happen in my game..
    and just to be clear, I don't think there is actually any legit reason for it, I don't believe it's intentional, rather just one of those weird things the game does sometimes but it's just too funny ^^

Also I am liking the cult Idea....maybe I should open a towellovers club, yes!
    That's probly what the game is trying to tell me with it!

No these events are intentional they've been in the game since City Living was added and is supposed to just give the city a slightly more unpredictable/you-never-know-what-you're-going-to-see kind of vibe to it. There's no story behind it (unless it's a reference to something that I don't know of) just a random occurrence.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ABBYOREO99ABBYOREO99 Posts: 1 New Member
    This has happened to me but they were not in a towel
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    looks like they just got caught cheatin and/or they're doing the sprint of shame in their pjs lol
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    This has been going on since City Living came out. I always assumed that it was a date gone wrong.. Or something like that.
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    They were having an one night stand with another sim in an hotel then the other sim's girlfriend\boyfriend entered and saw them havng sex so they ran away
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's creepy to think about what was actually happening to them, did they saw an assasin that wants to murder them in their bathroom.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    The spa caught fire and they were told to get out, quickly?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    They have definitely been around since the pack was released. Sometimes I like to imagine they are Sims who were having an affair with a married Sim. Then the married Sims spouse shows up and and all they have time to do is grab a towel and run away before they get caught. This is why they look so scared. :wink:

That was always my thought. Instead of a walk of shame, a run of "OMG, I got caught!"
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This made me laugh so hard :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have actually spend playing time with a bunch of household in the city, but have never seen this behaviour. I am still hoping for some more mystery than just weird people of the city. I WISH the game had this story telling system where sims would be that much alive and do weird stuff for a reason. I like the cheating/spouse arriving at home theory.