Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

1616263646567...Next

Comments

• Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @Pinmat135 Okay, so how about tiyoki for "not being here"? I combined place: tiyu, no: yo and a verb-sounding end. :D

Guys, did we have a word for to be? We have to have, but I didn't find the be anywhere...

Ok! Thanks! That sounds good. Though it would be E hashi-tiyoki O, since it says that "Sentences which follow the subject-verb-verb-subject (s-v-v-s) construction take the infinitive form of the verb." (yes, I'm being very nerdy and following every rule TO THE LETTER)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @RipuAncestor We deliberately left out "to be".

@Xantheanmar OK, gotcha. Didn't remember that. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Pinmat135 Okay, so how about tiyoki for "not being here"? I combined place: tiyu, no: yo and a verb-sounding end. :D

Guys, did we have a word for to be? We have to have, but I didn't find the be anywhere...

It's like Russian, no verb for "to be".

Your word for not-here sounds good!

I can add you to our language-building PM, @Pinmat135
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Really? That would be cool! (Though I'm not sure what I would help with... all I did was point out a word that was missing from the language... I'm honestly surprised that you didn't have a way to say "I miss you," since missing the other gotogo is a big theme in a lot of the stories...)
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

Really? That would be cool! (Though I'm not sure what I would help with... all I did was point out a word that was missing from the language... I'm honestly surprised that you didn't have a way to say "I miss you," since missing the other gotogo is a big theme in a lot of the stories...)

@Pinmat135 Pointing out missing words is really helpful! I'm actually surprised about not using "I miss you" too now that you mention it. :)
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I thought there was something for it . . . Or something similar xD I need to look again
    Shadami wrote: »
    I thought there was something for it . . . Or something similar xD I need to look again

There is something similar... there's "to miss" but you can't say "I miss you" because there are no objects...
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh I think I did something like 'you gone- I miss'
    It's been awhile...

Oh wait "hashi o"
    To miss something (to feel longing) – Hashi
    It's been awhile...

Oh wait "hashi o"

Yes, but...

"There are no objects in the grammar."
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    It's been awhile...

Oh wait "hashi o"

Yes, but...

"There are no objects in the grammar."

So, I think that verbs don't always require an object. So "hashi o" works to describe the general feeling of longing of missing.

If one wanted to be specific, they'd write I miss--winter left.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @Pinmat135 I just added you to the PM for language building! So much stuff there. You're doing great with the language, by the way! You've really got it!

@Pinmat135 I just added you to the PM for language building! So much stuff there. You're doing great with the language, by the way! You've really got it!

Yes, oh my lord, 983 messages is a ton of language-building! It's - like - *mind-blown* I just... wow.
    What is this? A new chapter to my AAC-story? Whaaaaaaaat?

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 34
    NZiGXHP.jpg

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    Double whaaaaat?? Another chapter for my Alien Adoption -story? Don't get too excited/worried; I won't be doing daily updates, but I am trying to get to updating in a better pace.

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 35
    lgmorrJ.jpg

Their objective was clear, but their mission was going to be difficult. The circumstances surrounding Taimi's creation have finally been unearthed, and they're not pretty.

I hope you have a lovely time, guys!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello! Here's a new chapter for my Alien Adoption -story:

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 36
    AA3iMa6.jpg

Taimi finally meets the person who was originally going to be her caretaker. It turns out to be a much less life-changing experience than one might think.

Have a lovely day people!
    My Sims stories:
    Hi! Here's the new, holiday-themed chapter for my Alien Adoption -challenge!

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 37
    F4sWtkY.jpg

I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories: