Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 still surprises!

AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
My daughter is playing Sims 2 right now ( we have both played it many years) and had something happen that I have never seen. Her sim's nanny had not yet left the lot when she went into build mode to buy stuff for the house and spent nearly all the money they had. When she got back to live mode - the nanny started yelling and took the sims toilet as payment for her services since they no longer had enough money to pay her! Thought it was too funny and have never seen that in all the years I have played :smile:

Comments

• JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2019
    Not being defensive, Sim from 2 is more humanity than Sims 4 even the latter added emotion states :)
    Post edited by Jadesimmer on
    4kTG3iX.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love that feature. Although I hate it at times. It's hard when your sim is broke and they have to have a nanny otherwise you lose the kids but the awkward moment when she leaves and you can't afford to pay her...
  • Audrey75Audrey75 Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="AprilDawn;d-959510"]My daughter is playing Sims 2 right now ( we have both played it many years) and had something happen that I have never seen. Her sim's nanny had not yet left the lot when she went into build mode to buy stuff for the house and spent nearly all the money they had. When she got back to live mode - the nanny started yelling and took the sims toilet as payment for her services since they no longer had enough money to pay her! Thought it was too funny and have never seen that in all the years I have played :smile: [/quote]

A nanny took a sim's toilet instead of money????.
  • Audrey75Audrey75 Posts: 9 New Member
    That is so funny and weird #toiletnanny
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I been playing The Sims 2 for years and I came across this recently as my newly wedded sims were on their honeymoon - I didn't know they wear their wedding rings on their finger automatically. As usually we have to put these rings on for The Sims 3 and Sims 4 to make them "look married"

Snapshot.png
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    The sims 2 is such a masterpiece of game play and all of its detail really makes this game worth playing for hours and hours on end.. I truly don’t know why they just could not build from that game just making it better while keeping the sims as interesting as they are in the sims 2 just by making them better and that game better with graphics.. they chopped and screwed the sims 4 beyond recognition it will never have the charm of the sims 2..
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @sweetface44 I agree - an updated Sims 2 would have been better than the mess Sims 4 is!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    @sweetface44 I agree - an updated Sims 2 would have been better than the mess Sims 4 is!

I agree :)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    All the service workers will take your stuff if you don't have enough money to pay them. And when you hire a maid, it might pay you to watch the maids with PIP, some of them steal.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    My son has been watching me play TS2 for a while and asked that I buy it for him as well. So we are currently installing it on his pc. The kids got good taste! Haha all jokes aside I am having a lot of fun playing this iteration. I forgot how good it is. Watching the kids play tag, hand games, and jumping on the bed is really cute. I’ve missed this!
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    I was surprised to see falling TV! Did you know this? :) My sim watched TV and it just fall.
    The Sims 2 it is masterpiece and the best game ever! i love it for this small surpises
  • VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    I've just been playing The Sims 2 and one of the people I met in Downtown, whom I later befriended with, literally said he is my boss' cousin and I'll be getting promotion the next working day. Despite I had skill and friend requirements, I got the promotion regardless.

I love how such small details are having a major affect on your gameplay.
  • noodlemamanoodlemama Posts: 37 Member
    I never knew that about the nanny, that's so cool!! There's just so much about TS2 that I miss! I saw someone post a screenshot of the matchmaker recently and I completely forgot that she'll give you a bad match if you don't pay her very much money. It's just such a cool feature to add and I wish they'd expanded on these things in 3 and 4
  • MonocleMonocle Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm currently playing The Sims 2, I love how the sims 2 behave when they do things randomly like tucking in their kids and giving them a kiss on the forehead while they are sleeping, there are a lot of things going on right now.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Yx3zYQq.png][/img]
  • sigmensigmen Posts: 6 New Member
    Fun thing about the Resurrect-O-Nomitron is that it's not only a choice between between zombie or regular sim. If you pay almost nothing, nothing happens, you don't even get your sim back in zombie form. And if you pay too much for your sim to be a zombie, but too low to get a perfect resurrection, you will get something in-between. The resurrected sim's personality will invert, and they will suffer various other deficiencies too such as losing skill points depending on how much you paid. Their appearance is still the same as when they died.
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on
  • WeirdAlienWeirdAlien Posts: 23 Member
    Once I witnessed the housemaid steal my child's doll house. I was speechless!
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    WeirdAlien wrote: »
    Once I witnessed the housemaid steal my child's doll house. I was speechless!

I heard the butler will rob you in TS4, depends if they have that trat
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    So I play my game usually with the volume pretty low and zoomed out so I can see the entire house. I'm traveling this weekend and decided to get some Sim time in my down time. Upon loading my family, I was zoomed into the parents sleeping. I could hear them snoring! I had no idea! Been playing off and on for 15 years and I was yet again surprised!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had one recently when Eli Jankowsky went shopping at the local market in Dodge while playing my BACC in TS2.
    Here's Eli Jankowsky shopping at the local outdoor market for groceries.Note that build and buy modes should normally be disabled unless they owned the lot.It's actually owned by the town of Dodge.I have build and buy modes enabled this way though one of the many Mods I had to install.
    49215509303_232f540d95_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »

I second that motion! Well, that statement!

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I had my Sim order Espresso. He drank it, and immediately started shaking. Like, caffeine jitters. I was so surprised! Has anyone else seen this? :smiley:
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    I used to play it lot when i was a kid... it brings back my memories :) i would sneak into the living romm to play it when my parents were sleeping lol.
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    > @sweetface44 said:
    > The sims 2 is such a masterpiece of game play and all of its detail really makes this game worth playing for hours and hours on end.. I truly don’t know why they just could not build from that game just making it better while keeping the sims as interesting as they are in the sims 2 just by making them better and that game better with graphics.. they chopped and screwed the sims 4 beyond recognition it will never have the charm of the sims 2..

True.
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    I think I just heard my female sim's husband yelping. He was in the shower when she flushed the toilet. Lol! It was so funny!