Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever go back to an old game?

I had this legacy that I LOVED but for various reasons I stopped playing it in 2015. I just started playing it again, right where I left off, and it's so fun. I'm on Gen 4 now.

Do you ever go back to old saves?

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Yes :smiley: In fact, I'm reinstalling some packs right now so I can get back to my LEPacy challenge save file that's currently sitting on Gen 8. Had to uninstall when I switched around some computer parts and then took a S3 break. Can't wait to get back into the game.

It can be a little confusing trying to remember where you left off with an old save but at the same time, kind of fun. :p I don't know about you or anyone else but I usually have small stories that go with my sims and goals to achieve. Looking back at my blog/simblr helps.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes.
    I have a few older saves I go back to, depending on what I’m in the mood to play.
  • thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    I always go back and forth between my new and old saves. I actually have a problem playing the same family for a long time lol
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I have old saves from as far back as 2009. I reopen and fix them so they are playable again using NRAAS mods. And I add sims from them to new games and even add them to new families. I have developed a Big Game over the years that started out with a sim trying for the badge that requires a sim to have 15 children. She didn't get me the badge but I'm using her and her children as the basis for this Big Game. It is only possible with the mods I have, but I've got over 700 sims in it now and they live in 13 different worlds - and I add new worlds as required. The original family is only on generation 4 at the moment. So far they are all still alive but the oldest are getting very old now.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    edited July 2019
    Of course, although there is one save/family in special that I go back to more often.

A few days ago I bought the University Life expansion and, instead of continuing on my generational game, I went back to this old save to try the pack. So I aged up a fairy teenager and her witch sister to take both to the university. I hadn't played that save since January.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    I have a save that I come back to since 2017. I'm basically committed to play it once a year. LOL

I have several saves backed up, but my oldest was played in 2015. Unfortunately, I lost the others before that.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I have about 65 saves and I pick who I want to go see, I keep careful notebooks for all my challenges in progress.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    My old saves are gone, unfortunately.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    I have 65 games I rotate with on this computer - a lot more on my other computer but it was damaged and I need to work on it then transfer them to this one
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Theses days if i walk away from a save its usually because i have lost interest.

Although a do have a couple of really old saves i occasionally go back to the only reason i do not play them regularly is because the files are to big/bloated, there all over 2.5GB. They still work fine its just having the time, since they take around an hour to load and can only safely play for 60 to 90 mins before saving and restarting to avoid error 12.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I always save my favorite households in my library so if I want to replay them, they are always available. And I do replay them.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I like to go back to them and sometimes change what I'm playing and I'm playing my Evermore Falls legacy challenge which I loaded up earlier.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I have several families from old stories saved for when I can add all the EP's and store back into a new puter and I hope it will work out that I can play them again.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Recently, I have. But I don't continue them. By that point, I've long lost interest, so I "recycle" them. Use that save as the setting for another household.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't feel any great attachment to saves but I do to sims. I didn't bother transferring my saves when I left America a few years ago but I did bring my sim files. As long as I have my sim files I am a happy simmer :)
  • liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    i ALWAYS go back to my beloved legacy family, they hold a special place in my heart.
  • damselstonedamselstone Posts: 21 Member
    I feel that the way I end up playing almost always leads me to revisit the same family about once or twice a year. It always feels oddly wholesome to return to an old save.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    I have several save files that I change out every now and again. Sims 3 has a buttload of longevity when it comes to replayability and keeping each experience fresh. I've played probably 4 or 5 of my old files in the last couple months lol
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have spent 2 years (!!!) going back and reopening old saves! Just because I decided on adding some stuff to the first chapters of my story. I have now finished 55 chapters out of 60... Can't help but longing back to my actual save, which now must be considered "old" too... :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    My old saves are gone, unfortunately.
    Same goes for me due to new computers or having them fixed so many time lot file got deleted.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • artenissimmer55artenissimmer55 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm the type of person that once I've lost interest in a save, I delete it. Which is kind of bittersweet, because sometimes I find pictures of my long-deleted saves and wish I could go back and play them!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Absolutely. The last Sims game I played was TS3. Tons of fun.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I kept several for a Long time but ended up tossing them. :(
    I tried and tried to go back and play but the thread of their lives in my mind were gone. :heartbreak:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm the type of person who would still have copies of my Sonic the Hedgehog 2 game saves on Sega Genesis from 1992 if I could have figured how to get them from console to floppies to syquest cartridges to zip disks to CD-ROMs to the cloud or something without losing any data. Yeah, I have issues. But just because something is old, that doesn't mean it can't have any value. ;)

Disclaimer -
    I'm making part of that up. We couldn't save our games back then, at least not games of those type that were meant to be single-session runs; in fact if the power ever went out on us mid-stream, we lost everything and had to start over. :'(
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net