The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mother only affects sims (life state)?

The mother and her children, occults are immune?

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Nope. I have 3 infected vampires and 2 infected merfolk. Haven't done aliens yet but they probably infect as well.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Vampires are definitely not immune. They can even become infected by drinking from another infected sim, which is a really neat thing. Aliens can also be infected.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Aliens and Plantsims can also be infected, already tested this out. Animals are safe.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Aliens and Plantsims can also be infected, already tested this out. Animals are safe.

Other interesting test would be how work with skeletons
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Vampires are definitely not immune. They can even become infected by drinking from another infected sim, which is a really neat thing. Aliens can also be infected.

Good....
    Then it makes me think
    If a vampire drink from an poisonerd sim (Selvadorada Game Pack) , vampire become poisoned?
    edited July 2019
    leo3487 wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Good....
    Then it makes me think
    If a vampire drink from an poisoned sim (Selvadorada Game Pack) , vampire become poisoned?

I had two vampires who run in with a ghost that had been poisoned. The ghost blew some type of gas at them, and it caused the vampires to pass out for a while.

42541779_1117909001692727_250351311516598272_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlbNYc3qHNu1JswsezF2QA6pSGCkQ-jGQ4KS8w4LSt8ax_I2j4OIEjymIL3DFczMH3y5h8-89yWsHfy2DgOe0vk&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ba36f6db37c0224c2ba00ef9b2e6a52f&oe=5DAF5075

42492240_1117907995026161_2979709204564017152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmkk5mHHaom-jmOekpAqbKo07b-kq6x6jRrpWS2OXO_sBDkzxx0AehJtso1kXOnb31RMTQJBdvKF4Fyfjeq_kYr&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=26b312d2956ead0e26df12e8076caee7&oe=5DBA18A0

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @LaBlue0314 the ghosts blew that gas at them autonomously? That's pretty neat. Love the period clothing on ghosts, did you set them up that way?
    egTcBMc.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    My lad Vlad doesn't look immune to me :D

Gg4Kyzi.png?1

I took him to Strangerville for a snack. I guess the townsfolk there got the last laugh... Didn't realise he could get infected by drinking from an infected sim.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Serves him right! The evil blighter...
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member

Gg4Kyzi.png?1
    ŁØØK ŦØ ŦĦ€ ŞK¥ IŦ Ŵ€ŁĆØΜ€Ş UŞ ΔŁŁ
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€

Gg4Kyzi.png?1

I took him to Strangerville for a snack. I guess the townsfolk there got the last laugh... Didn't realize he could get infected by drinking from an infected sim.

For some reason when I see that smile it makes me think of Batman's Joker.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I had a one of my roomated in my Strangerville Mansion that was part PlantSim, part Vampire & part Alien that became infected. LOL.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Gg4Kyzi.png?1

I took him to Strangerville for a snack. I guess the townsfolk there got the last laugh... Didn't realise he could get infected by drinking from an infected sim.

That smile creeps me out. We all knew Vlad was a creepy vampire 😂
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Nope. I have 3 infected vampires and 2 infected merfolk. Haven't done aliens yet but they probably infect as well.

I can confirm aliens get infected as well.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I have an entire gallery of possessed sims of all kinds, including occult (alien, vampire, mermaid), I believe only children and younger sims are immune. I've yet to try a plantsim though, there's an idea!
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

Gg4Kyzi.png?1

He is only missing his puppet strings.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited August 2019
    In fact, vampires are very easy to get infected. It's not so obvious how to become infected for a normal sim, but a vampire can catch the infection just by drinking from a random sim in Strangerville ))
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I think the devs had infected vampires in mind considering that infected sims only get possessed at night, so there is no risk that your vampire runs out in the sun.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I can't really express the level of joy I had when my vampire sim got infected by drinking from an infected sim. Just utter, complete joy. My vampire in Strangerville is one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a while. He's living in a shipwreck in the desert and has befriended The Mother. He will spread both his curse and The Mother's gift to the world.
    a63ftuN.png