Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can't survey ocean wildlife because I'm a mermaid?

so uh, I need to survey ocean wildlife for my career (level 7 marine biologist) and I can't because it says this:

https://imgur.com/a/Gul9MX1

So, how am I supposed to do my daily task? I don't really want to turn her back into human so can somebody please help me?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I suspect you might need to wait for a mod for that one :( But worth adding to Feedback as well.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    There's no other way to survey wildlife, right?
    Like looking at fish inside of an aquarium? xD
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What about the dive buoys?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    LaziMinx wrote: »
    so uh, I need to survey ocean wildlife for my career (level 7 marine biologist) and I can't because it says this:

So, how am I supposed to do my daily task? I don't really want to turn her back into human so can somebody please help me?

They covered that question in todays Q & A - that merfolk do not have to do some things humans must do in marine biology as it is not something they need to do - they do not need snorkels or breathing air - It says they will still achieve being a marine biologist but no snorkeling. They are part fish and have gills.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member

@LaziMinx, if you have the UI Cheats mod you can just click on that task & it will complete. Had to do this yesterday because of a self-inflicted problem.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had this come up for my mermaid. She couldn't complete it but she was not punished for not doing it. She still got a good report back from the boss the next morning and a promotion.

Edit: I just had the task again, this time I noticed the option to survey ocean floor at one of the red bouys, this completed the task.
    Post edited by simm621 on
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So far my mermaid can do the option survey ocean floor and that has counted, she's a marine biologist
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Survey Ocean Floor works every time for my Mermaid Marine Biologist.
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    Survey Ocean Floor works, but you don't get that until level 8 of the career. I did manage to get it completed once after surveying a bunch of stuff on the island, but I have no idea what actually made it work, unfortunately.
    What I did before she could survey the Ocean Floor, was send her to work for like a day , make sure to gather samples even if you do not need them because if you do not sell them for money (once you have analyzed it) it turns into work performance, and that helped me a ton to get thru those parts before she could do the Survey Ocean Floor.
  • zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    Its not working for me at all and my sim is just a human female. She was punished by having her money cut for not completing the task despite doing the task 3 times and sending in data. It's not a mod that is needed its a fix I think.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    I regret having my mermaid join the conservation career. I just send her to work every day now since she can't do the tasks. :(
    Survey ocean floor works for my mermaid marine biologist
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    zap608 wrote: »
    Its not working for me at all and my sim is just a human female. She was punished by having her money cut for not completing the task despite doing the task 3 times and sending in data. It's not a mod that is needed its a fix I think.

I had the same problem, also the snorkel one did not activate. I knew from a previous game that it does not work for mermaids, so this time I kept my starter sim a human and it still did not work, she also got the message her boss is unhappy and she made 0 simoleons, but I just could not complete snorkel and survey on that day.
  • HanzzellhoffHanzzellhoff Posts: 1 New Member
    I've found a solution to this! If you do the social interaction "Spread Conservation Awareness" it counts as doing the survey ocean wildlife daily task!!! :) :)
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@LaziMinx, if you have the UI Cheats mod you can just click on that task & it will complete. Had to do this yesterday because of a self-inflicted problem.

I checked you cant use this on daily tasks

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My understanding is this glitch was fixed in the August patch.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    My understanding is this glitch was fixed in the August patch.

This^^
  • Dark_Alice_MadnessDark_Alice_Madness Posts: 1 New Member
    > @LaziMinx said:
    > so uh, I need to survey ocean wildlife for my career (level 7 marine biologist) and I can't because it says this:
    >
    > https://imgur.com/a/Gul9MX1
    >
    > So, how am I supposed to do my daily task? I don't really want to turn her back into human so can somebody please help me?

I was able to do it while on the canoe/boat. I got on it, then clicked the buoy to survey ocean. It took a bit but i got it. It also solved my diving for treasure (in odd jobs) dilemma. Hope it works for you and others.I almost gave up his job an redid him.