Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collection Plaque spawn codes?

TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
So I've been working on my collector sims game lately completing the new Island Living collections and I just moved my family to a new home. While setting it up I realized that either I lost some of the collection plaques in transit or was never awarded them in the first place and just now noticed.

I found and tried the spawn codes that I have found in forum posts while googling. Unfortunately, the posts date back to 2015 at the latest and the codes don't seem to be working. I've made sure that testing cheats is on but nothing. And if they are swanning I can't find them in my sims very full house.

Does anyone know if theses codes still work and if so what I am doing wrong or what I can do to fix this issue. or any other advice in the issue.

I've tried the debug cheat in BB mode but can't find them their either although I swear I've seen them their in the past.

Thanks in advanced.
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You are correct they did have those plaques in bb mode, but I don't see it either. I decided to look through the web to see what I could find about this and found something a little interesting. Apparently, there are some missing plaques and this person decided to do something about it so that their collection would be complete. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

https://simsplayhousecc.tumblr.com/
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If you do "testingcheats on" and "bb.showhiddenobjects", the plaques are in Miscellaneous Decoration.
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    If you do "testingcheats on" and "bb.showhiddenobjects", the plaques are in Miscellaneous Decoration.

Can you confirm this. As I said in my initial post I already used both cheats and couldn't find them. Its possible that I overlooked them but I looked repeatedly for over and hour in all categories and never found them.
    fN2f7ds.png
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    You are correct they did have those plaques in bb mode, but I don't see it either. I decided to look through the web to see what I could find about this and found something a little interesting. Apparently, there are some missing plaques and this person decided to do something about it so that their collection would be complete. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

https://simsplayhousecc.tumblr.com/

I thought so. I swear I bought some there once before for a different save. I did found that mod in my search as well and I might download them to complete my collection.
    fN2f7ds.png
    TayoChan wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

Can you confirm this. As I said in my initial post I already used both cheats and couldn't find them. Its possible that I overlooked them but I looked repeatedly for over and hour in all categories and never found them.

What do you want? Screenshots? Yes, I can confirm that. I would not have posted it here if I did not have good reason to suppose it to be true. I even told you where to look.

Okay, I have opened my game. I have turned on testingcheats. I have entered bb.showhiddenobjects. I have gone into buy mode, sort by category, to Decorations, and opened Miscellaneous, and behold, there they all are:

r7QYZvD.png

You're welcome.
    Thanks for the screen shot however, I don't appreciate the attitude, if you have a problem with me asking for more help then just don't help.It appears I just don't have them and yes I have both codes on, I almost always do especially in a situation like this

I looked for well over an hour if not several hours last night and never found them. I even filtered to base game item. Your game seems to be different from mine which is part of why I asked for confirmation, to find the exact location in the list and make sure I wasn't scrolling over them.

rslF93S.png.
    fN2f7ds.png
    edited July 2019
    I just want to reconfirm what @TayoChan said, they are not in there anymore. Currently, I have all the packs that have been released, so I don't know if that is why they are not in there. I can add a screenshot for those who don't believe.
    My game is the base game, plus Parenthood, Perfect Patio, and Spa Day.

If they are not showing with testingcheats and bb.showhiddenobjects, I can only suppose you have mods or CC gumming up the works, or something in some other pack conflicting.

They are certainly there for me. I apologize for my attitude, but your question sounded like an accusation. The plaques are in buy mode. If you can't get to them there, it's a problem on your end.
    I went ahead and pulled my mods folder and cleared out my cache files, they are still not there.
    Thanks @LaBlue0314 its odd that they a suddenly missing. I have in the meantime however, found a work around. I'ts a bit annoying but it works for the most part.

What I did was make a throw away sim and move them into a different lot, debug cheat them the necessary collection then wait for the plaque to (hopefully) be delivered then with it in their inventory move them into my collectors household take the plaque then delete the sim. I was missing the element and feather plaques.

I got the elements' but the feathers' wasn't delivered so I'm going to keep trying until I get it to be.
    fN2f7ds.png
    @Sindocat it's all good. If my post came across as an accusation I also apologize, that was not at all intended. I figured the part where I said it's possible I overlooked them would have made it clear that I simply needed more help.

Your screen shot was exactly what I needed even thought it didn't help me find them it did help me narrow down the exact location so that I would know for sure they were missing. So thank you for your help I appreciate it.
    fN2f7ds.png
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I went ahead and pulled my mods folder and cleared out my cache files, they are still not there.

Hmm... odd. It must be an expansion or update issue. I guess I should make an issue thread on the help forum.
    fN2f7ds.png
    TayoChan wrote: »
    @Sindocat it's all good. If my post came across as an accusation I also apologize, that was not at all intended. I figured the part where I said it's possible I overlooked them would have made it clear that I simply needed more help.

Your screen shot was exactly what I needed even thought it didn't help me find them it did help me narrow down the exact location so that I would know for sure they were missing. So thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Well, having posted, I did feel obligated to check to assure a.) I was remembering the category accurately and b.) that they do in fact still show in my game, since I had not actually seen them since last Thursday or so (I don't use hidden objects often).

Are you on Mac, or console? I am trying to think what might account for them not showing up. Perhaps another pack is the culprit - my own game is fairly bare-bones so far.
    @Sindocat No i'm on PC. I do have almost all packs with the exception of Vampires and My first Pets. I'm pretty sure I've found and bought them in BB before but how recently I can't be sure so no telling when the change occurred
    fN2f7ds.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    @TayoChan have you checked the Gallery? Someone might have made a room with all the plaques, so you can grab the ones you're missing
    @Kathykins That's a good idea too.
    fN2f7ds.png