Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds you never use?

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oasis Springs. My sims never live there but they visit quite often the park in summer. IDK I just don't like the world that much because it doesn't look familiar. I play like my sims are in my country - Czechia. Oasis Springs (nature) doesn't look like it at all. So that's why I prefer to use some other worlds I actually own.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    There are no worlds I don’t use as I have use for them all in my main save but the ones I don’t use as much as the others are newcrest, windenburg and brindleton bay and only use them if the sims I am rotating between live in them.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Magnolia Promenade and San Myshuno in my game.
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    edited July 2019
    While I have placed a Vulcan family in Oasis Spring,...

Ooooh! Show me your Vulcans, please! I have Spock ;-)

And I have many families in Windenburg and Brindleton (for some reason I started with that neighbourhood, but should have gone for Windenburg instead as it's much prettier). And one family in Newcrest because I gave them a very modern looking building and it best fit in there. I have just one active familiy on Sulani, but I spent a lot of time there. And I played the Strangerville quest but so far haven't built anything else there. It's a pretty world, though.

Edit: haha fail. I answered this one the wrong way around. Worlds I NEVER use: Magnolia promenade, Willow Creek and Oasis springs.

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest are the worlds I rarely visit.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I had little use for Forgotten Hollow until I started making it into a themepark. My vampires approve. They survived for centuries into the present, now they want to enjoy the benefits of said present. And the vampire fans get a cool spooky place to hang out, so it's win-win.

Also despite having enjoyed the Strangerville mystery several times the town itself doesn't really resonate with me.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2019
    I use Willow Creek, Newcrest, Brindleton Bay, Strangerville, and now Sulani all the time. Willow Creek is my very favorite. My favorite family lives in Strangerville. My Sims are always using the dog park in Brindleton Bay and the bar in Strangerville. I have multiple families living in all of these worlds, including Sulani.

I never use San Myshuno because I'm not really into apartments, although my Sims go to the festivals there all the time.

I rarely use Windenburg, even though I love it, because there are too few vacant lots and I have a hard time evicting Sims and destroying the lovely houses.

I rarely use Oasis Springs because I don't like deserts.

I wasn't using Selvadora or Granite Falls at all because they were destination worlds, but now with Zerbu's wonderful mods, I am starting to use them. I think Granite Falls is the best looking of all the worlds.

I haven't been using Forgotten Hollow because I haven't really gotten into vampires much yet, but I think that will eventually change.

I have never used Magnolia Promenade.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    While I have placed a Vulcan family in Oasis Spring,...

Ooooh! Show me your Vulcans, please! I have Spock ;-)

And I have many families in Windenburg and Brindleton (for some reason I started with that neighbourhood, but should have gone for Windenburg instead as it's much prettier). And one family in Newcrest because I gave them a very modern looking building and it best fit in there. I have just one active familiy on Sulani, but I spent a lot of time there. And I played the Strangerville quest but so far haven't built anything else there. It's a pretty world, though.

Edit: haha fail. I answered this one the wrong way around. Worlds I NEVER use: Magnolia promenade, Willow Creek and Oasis springs.

I have Spock and Uhura in Willow Creek, and Kirk in residential Selvadorada. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    They get stuck when they hold a book or toy. They end up waking up the second they lay down in bed and it randomly shows in their hands. I reset the item rather than the toddler if they do get their hands on something but now I just have stopped buying toy boxes and giving them loose items.
    What about the toddler bug, could that be caused by cc or is it very widespread? I ask only because my toddlers have been fine. I have, though, been playing entirely off the grid — maybe that makes a difference? This means that I have mainly been feeding them from the cooler, their parents’ inventories, or from group meals cooked in the barbecue pit. Nothing has gotten stuck to them yet.
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    I find that I play Sulani nonstop now. I am completely obsessed and have only deviated from it on a few rare occasions after Island Living came out. Before Sulani, I would play families in Windenburg, San Myshuno and Newcrest most consistently.
    Newcrest is fun because I enjoy making the entire town including venues run by families I play.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I seldom play in Newcrest, explored it once when it was new and then I left. Use it for population control mainly.

Del Sol Valley haven’t been explored yet, waiting for the right sim.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Never lived in:
    -Magnolia Promenade
    -Del Sol Valley

Lived in once or twice:
    -Willow Creek
    -Oasis Springs
    -Newcrest
    -Strangerville (Still new so may change)

Lived in several times:
    -Brindleton Bay
    -Forgotten hollow
    -Sulani (Only twice but I have more ideas I want to try out still)

Lived in majority of time:
    -San Myshuno (I find this world works well with vampires)
    -Windenburg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They all are used one way or another, but I don’t have Sims living in every world. I have all of my retail shops in Magnolia Promenade (even though I never send anyone there) and I have all of my restaurants, spas, and stuff like that in Newcrest (even though I hardly ever send anyone here).
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I haven't visited Magnolia Promenade yet...At all. :| I always forget about it so that's probably it.
    Forgotten Hollow is another one. I usually like gothic architecture and things close to it, same goes for areas with a gloomy feel to them. But there is something about Forgotten Hollow that just doesn't click. It feels..I don't know. Boring? Lacking? Something is it.

Other than that, I visit/use all the worlds I have in some way. I like variation. My most used being Oasis Springs ( I love the aesthetics of deserts), San Myshuno (I happen to like the apartments a lot and it's the only urban-ish world we got), Newcrest (It's very flexible), Brindleton Bay and Windenburg.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    My favorite to least favorite:
    Windenburg
    Strangerville
    Brindleton Bay
    Newcrest
    Willow Creek
    Oasis Springs
    San Myshuno
    Forgotten Hollow
    Sulani
    Del Sol Valley & Magnolia Promenade
    are both rarely ever used
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Well, I recently got Strangerville, and I've played in it a bit, pursuing the mystery (tho I kinda got bored and frustrated cause the military career was buggy and went back another save for a while lol.) But in my other saves I tend to avoid it entirely, since I don't want to deal with the weirdness when I'm just trying to play my regular sim games, y'know? Tho I may be forced to move someone in there eventually--I play rotational and over multiple generations, so finding places for all my sims to live is a real challenge. Basically all my residential spaces in all my other worlds are occupied by played households right now. So, yeah, I basically use all the worlds except Strangerville lol.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I never play in the vampire world, I forgot it's name xD Forgotten Hollows? Also Strangerville.. Sims living there but it's kind of boring to me. I like Newcrest, because around the houses are nice places to go, but Strangerville (or Del Sol Valley) seem to lack of random playgrounds and bbq places. Maybe there are some, but this worlds are not attractive to me to play there a lot.

On the other hand, my favourite worlds are San Myshuno and Willow Creek and I like Sulani a lot^^
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Never lived in:
    -Magnolia Promenade
    -Del Sol Valley

Lived in once or twice:
    -Willow Creek
    -Oasis Springs
    -Newcrest
    -Strangerville (Still new so may change)

Lived in several times:
    -Brindleton Bay
    -Forgotten hollow
    -Sulani (Only twice but I have more ideas I want to try out still)

Lived in majority of time:
    -San Myshuno (I find this world works well with vampires)
    -Windenburg

A sim of mine lived in Del Sol Valley once, in that big fancy house. I hated it, so after a couple of "days" I had him move back to San Myshuno. =P
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I think Magnolia Promenade comes closest to that, simply because it's the only world where none of my sims live. It took me a long time to figure out what to do with it, now I'm using it as a downtown exclusively for women. (A custom lot trait by LittleMsSam helps with the gender restriction, although it doesn't always work as intended.)

Second would probably be Brindleton Bay. I barely play with the two families who live there and rarely have other sims visit. I've never played or built anything in the neighbourhood of Willow Creek where the Pancakes live, and the island of Windenburg is also quite deserted at the moment (but I already have plans to change that).
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2019
    Forgotten Hollow and Strangerville, never. Magnolia Promenade very, very rarely. I think that I used MP for a spa with a rooftop pool. The view of the boat landing was very nice for pictures. Other than that, with four lots, the world is nearly useless. ::shrug::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    Oasis Springs. My sims never live there but they visit quite often the park in summer. IDK I just don't like the world that much because it doesn't look familiar. I play like my sims are in my country - Czechia. Oasis Springs (nature) doesn't look like it at all. So that's why I prefer to use some other worlds I actually own.

Same! I'm from Finland and I don't think I've ever played in Oasis Springs :D Sulani, on the other hand, I do play in but I guess that's because it's just a completely different culture. Before Sulani I played the most in Brindleton Bay cause I always found it really cozy and I guess the most like home.
    cha cha cha
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I play Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest the least. I actually like what all the worlds have to offer except the community venues. Im currently rebuilding restaurants, bars, and gyms etc to my taste and many of the houses to be more realistic. I play Oasis Springs, Forgotten Hollow, Sulani and San Myshuno pretty often though (Im ab rotational player with a lot of occults in my game).
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited July 2019
    I play in pretty much every world but I use Brindleton Bay the least.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I move my main sim family to each new world as soon as I get it. No matter how happy I am with their old home, I can never resist building a new house and trying out a new world. So of course right now I'm playing in Sulani (and loving it). My other worlds are fully populated though, except for Magnolia Promenade, and I do quite often play the households in them, although not in a disciplined way - I just drop in on them as and when I feel like it. I have used Magnolia Promenade for the library, gym, art centre and vet clinic, since they are necessary, but I don't need more than one of each in the game.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I play rotationally, so I need all the lots I can have. Meaning I play all worlds. I find Newcrest the least inspiring of them, and I did not play in Magnolia Promenade until I started my As Sims Go By video series, and built a Council House there as a base for all regional politics.

I still love Willow Creek, and just recently I disciovered new "off the trail" locations in both Oasis Springs and Brindleton Bay. I love sending sims out walking a dog, then they might go to random spots of their hood.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg