Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims future competitor?

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Where is the video of the actual gameplay, looks like a money grab with friends people like this rarely work alone if they are scamming., Watch where you give your payment information or you will surely regret it.

And here is another picture? a picture are you serious.?

Game ?? these are pictures. before he begs for money he or she should show an example of gameplay in a link we can play on our pc. But pictures, of none moving avatar sitting on none moving objects . can pull something and it stretches, then leave it stretched, and keep building. show build from start, show the avatar walking, talking. show it talking to another avatar. show something not just pictures when asking for money.

And we wonder why so many get scammed every day over the web, over social media. one thing for sure we can trust our payment information with the maker of Sims and whoever they have on their list of trusted sellers.
    But on the other hand, if you have money to burn then yea give it away and well its lots of scams out there.

Why talk against an already true game for a maybe game. Why not just tell about this new game its a big world room for any real games. No need to put any other game down. If you do not want to play Sims you know what to do. If you want to put your money into the guy with the pictures and no real gameplay your welcome to do so. it's your money.

From day one the first Sims game talked, and built homes, went to work and had babies and kids, they watched tv cooked, cleaned their homes. kids did homework played with toys, Sims 1 was a real game not just pictures.

It's a new game so only pictures for now.
    if only pictures and no real gameplay it could be a scam. Sims was a great game from the start of the first Sims. If they even had something that great I could see people liking it. but nope just pictures, Sadly even the pictures look like a toy, the so-called avatar looks like a doll laid up against a toy boat, looks like a plastic toy, And I am totally for New game development. But I have to call it as I see it, plastic toys. Looks like a fake, for a money grab. once you pay into a scam you do not see your money again. Let them prove its a real game, have the person even showed themselves playing the game yet?

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If EA gets the slightest inkling this new life simulation game has a chance at becoming competitive, they will find a way to end the whole thing. They have far too much riding on the Sims franchise to allow them to shrug it off while ignoring the fact there are people out there that are hungry enough to take on the task of competing against them. Frankly, I believe Paradox is the studio EA should be more worried about. For years Paradox has stated they have no interest in creating a life simulation game, yet we keep hearing bits and pieces of gossip that states otherwise. Just look at what they did when they went up against Sim City. That kind of success is invigorating and addictive. And they would clearly be able to create a game capable of competing with the Sims franchise.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Since so you showed us (at least in the first page, you think I'm going through all 9?) only the Build Mode, I can't say I'm interested. I never enjoyed building houses, and if the graphics don't improve and there are no occults, I will skip this.

Sorry I'm got going to keep everyone updated. You want updates, follow them yourself.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Seems cute but more focused on build mode which I've never really cared about. The lack of sim Paralives(?) er characters updates is worrisome because the key aspect of any Sims game is how in depth the characters feel (at least it is for me). If they're just generic AIs I won't be too interested.

They're not generic AI. You get to play as a "person." It's a LIFE SIMULATION game, not just building.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just putting these in here if anyone is curious. For information I think the guy's Twitter is the most informative right now.

https://paralives.com/

Their Discord:
    Discord.gg/HfcUJWz
    https://discordapp.com/invite/HfcUJWz
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    This certainly looks interesting to me. I've been playing the Sims since Sims 1 first came out... And to me, the game has always been playing my ideas no matter how normal or absurd through the lives of my characters. So I would be more interested to see what the gameplay of Paralives is like as opposed to the building features. (I've been rubbish at building in every game!)
    But I'm definitely going to follow the guy and see what happens with the project. If a genuine competitor comes from another studio and it's something I'd like the look of, I would support it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    It looks interesting.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2019
    Official Site FAQ

> When is Paralives coming out?
    The game is still at an early stage of development, expect more info on this as it progresses!

> Is this an online game?
    This is a single player game and it does not require an internet connection to play.

> Where can I get the game when it releases?

The game will be available on Steam for PC and Mac.

> Will Paralives be available for consoles?
    There are no plans for console versions at the moment.

> Does the game support mods and custom content?
    Yes! Players will be able to share their creations through Steam Workshop.

> How much will Paralives cost?

The price is to be announced but it’s a one-time purchase product, not a free-to-play game.

> What are the minimal requirements for my computer to run this game?

We are working on optimizing the game to make it run on laptops and lower end computers. Stay tuned, specifications will become available as we get closer to the alpha version of the game.

> How can I contribute to the project?

Thank you for your involvement! [Removed Patreon link for advertising ~Rtas]
    In the future, we might be looking for talented and experimented people to join the development team. You can contact us here if you would like to get in touch: paralives.com/contact

> Can I send you ideas for the game?
    Of course! Join our Discord community where we have a special channel for suggestions and ideas: Discord.gg/HfcUJWz
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    y'all got bread?
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    From the Paralives website.

2pqsy11.jpg

Grid-less construction, with what sounds like create a style and a colour wheel.

Looking at other features listed or described, if anything, Paralives sounds like what The Sims 4 should have been. Restaurants, shops, parks, multiple methods of transport like cars and bikes... Features like pets in the base game... Things to focus on like careers, relationships, family life, the town's community, an open world... The fact it's on Steam meaning that it'll have workshop support, which means player created mods will be supported...

I seriously hope this is successful.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It does sound ambitious though. I want to see it implemented before I believe it

I did join the Discord server though. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    For builders, this looks totally awesome! I am all for better building tools. ;)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Pfft, you call that competition? That's like if a person without legs tried to race Usain Bolt!

You may be suprised what people with lost limbs can do. Just sayin...
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Seems cute but more focused on build mode which I've never really cared about. The lack of sim Paralives(?) er characters updates is worrisome because the key aspect of any Sims game is how in depth the characters feel (at least it is for me). If they're just generic AIs I won't be too interested.

They're not generic AI. You get to play as a "person." It's a LIFE SIMULATION game, not just building.

Yes but my comment was that its worrisome they haven't posted any updates on that aspect of the game which makes me think it's not going to be as detailed as The Sims. I get that it's in super early stages of development but since that's the part I'm most interested in, that is what I would like to see information on. Like I said, it looks cute but right now it's not really on my radar.

I would love if there was a true competitor to the series I just don't know if this will be it. Would love to see more updates in the future.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm interested, but how are his own simulation people looking? I really love the art style of TS4 Sims and the way genetics works, so his would have to blow them out of the water
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why do I feel this new game is more based on building? Are there any gameplay features known yet??

Where would you start? Wouldn't you need the tools to build a house and buildings before you work on AI and animations for characters? You start with an engine aka world, then building right? then AI and animations. And somewhere between all this as it goes along you develop the UI to make everything possible work together.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

So far what I see its 0% competition for our Sims, not Sims 1, not Sims 2 not Sims 3, and no way Sims 4.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »
    So far what I see its 0% competition for our Sims, not Sims 1, not Sims 2 not Sims 3, and no way Sims 4.

Why are you even worried? He isn't begging for dollars, and it's nice to think about a new type of simulator. I wouldn't like the fact he said it would be on Steam, I'm so sick of any kind of 'downloader' software. Tired of them, any Google store, any Origin, any MS store etc. Just sick to death of them. But it has my interest so far because those building tools, if it were possible, look amazing. I would like to see that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Ah yes, of course video games materialize out of thin air. How were we so blind? :o
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited July 2019
    Where is the video of the actual gameplay, looks like a money grab with friends people like this rarely work alone if they are scamming., Watch where you give your payment information or you will surely regret it.

And here is another picture? a picture are you serious.?

Game ?? these are pictures. before he begs for money he or she should show an example of gameplay in a link we can play on our pc. But pictures, of none moving avatar sitting on none moving objects . can pull something and it stretches, then leave it stretched, and keep building. show build from start, show the avatar walking, talking. show it talking to another avatar. show something not just pictures when asking for money.

And we wonder why so many get scammed every day over the web, over social media. one thing for sure we can trust our payment information with the maker of Sims and whoever they have on their list of trusted sellers.
    But on the other hand, if you have money to burn then yea give it away and well its lots of scams out there.

Why talk against an already true game for a maybe game. Why not just tell about this new game its a big world room for any real games. No need to put any other game down. If you do not want to play Sims you know what to do. If you want to put your money into the guy with the pictures and no real gameplay your welcome to do so. it's your money.

From day one the first Sims game talked, and built homes, went to work and had babies and kids, they watched tv cooked, cleaned their homes. kids did homework played with toys, Sims 1 was a real game not just pictures.

It's a new game so only pictures for now.
    if only pictures and no real gameplay it could be a scam. Sims was a great game from the start of the first Sims. If they even had something that great I could see people liking it. but nope just pictures, Sadly even the pictures look like a toy, the so-called avatar looks like a doll laid up against a toy boat, looks like a plastic toy, And I am totally for New game development. But I have to call it as I see it, plastic toys. Looks like a fake, for a money grab. once you pay into a scam you do not see your money again. Let them prove its a real game, have the person even showed themselves playing the game yet?

@Stormsview
    Not only they shared pictures, they shared gifs which would be harder to make wouldn't you think?

How can one make gifs of the gameplay to a game that you believe is not existant?

You're right about avatars looking like toys but keep in mind this is early development.

Plus he just released a video of build mode today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08XAI55Vk

But you're right on being careful with what to pay on that could possibly be a scam especially when this game is early days
  • touchmygagatouchmygaga Posts: 9 New Member
    The new video looks AMAZING. We need to support and promote this game guys, The Sims DESPERATELY NEEDS competition. They have ruled the life simulator monopoly for way too long.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    We are working on optimizing the game to make it run on laptops and lower end computers.
    Ow :disappointed:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not a builder so the lack of the avatars/Sims being shown is disappointing. This sounds pretty on paper but if they're going to be just as dead-appearing as the TS4 Sims, why should I bother?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm not a builder so the lack of the avatars/Sims being shown is disappointing. This sounds pretty on paper but if they're going to be just as dead-appearing as the TS4 Sims, why should I bother?

It's still early in development. A developer would need to code the world the sims would live in before creating the sims, its animations and its AI and other mechanics. The dev will post media of what their sims are like when the time comes.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Looks interesting, but a competitor? Very unlikely, unless EA makes a similar mistake as they did with SimCity. Then it might be a possibility.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    We are working on optimizing the game to make it run on laptops and lower end computers.
    Ow :disappointed:

Well it can still work out; It's a matter how it's executed regardless of technical capabilities. Got to keep an open mind though.

We may not conclude it's a competitor, but it sure seems that it already (in mind If the game is legit with none fake renders) the build mode aspect of TS4. With the same mindset, creativity and heart put into it can repeat the advance CAS or make it ever better than what EAxis offered. Live mode, however, it's something hope for the best that it will turn out and not be underdeveloped or overlooked (*couch* the company that already did *cough*).
    NNpYlHF.jpg