Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stupid things your sims do

Comments

• simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    One of my sims got stuck in the bathroom and I'm not fluent enough with cheats to get her out! I tried resetting and that's all I did and it did not work. I ended up getting rid of one of the walls so that she could walk out. She never had any issues getting out of the bathroom before so this was a very frustrating glitch!
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Today the father stood next to the toddler bed with the toddler in his arms for 3.5 sim hours before finally reading him to sleep aaaarrgghh.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    Oh another thing that happened the last time I played was that the family dog got sick so I tried to take Bandit to the vet and he never got treated! I signed in and did everything I was supposed to do but the vets chose to ignore Minty and Bandit. Very frustrating, Minty spent her whole day off waiting for the vet to no avail.

This is why I usually don't play with pets
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    There are so many things. This is one of them:

Sim: think I'll go watch the toddler
    *walks over and watches the toddler*
    Sim: think I'll go play Sims Forever

Why do they do this?? And ALL the time, if I leave them idle? Its completely and utterly pointless. Not like they interact with the little one, or check what they need (which is usually nothing, because I take care of the tots)

Smarter sims? Don't think so
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Flirt with his mother-in-law . If that's not bad enough , he did it in front of his wife.
    I do think doing dishes in the bathroom or using the bathroom counter for cooking is up there too.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Vampires freaking out over plasma bats.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    The latest. One of my sims decided to go swimming in winter. It is freezing out. To make matters worse she stayed in her swimsuit and visited with hubby who was busy gardening. Next hing I know I get a notice she is freezing to death. I wonder why.
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    There are so many things. This is one of them:

Sim: think I'll go watch the toddler
    *walks over and watches the toddler*
    Sim: think I'll go play Sims Forever

Why do they do this?? And ALL the time, if I leave them idle? Its completely and utterly pointless. Not like they interact with the little one, or check what they need (which is usually nothing, because I take care of the tots)

Smarter sims? Don't think so

I found my sim father and his toddler "Watch"ing each other yesterday. Maybe it was supposed to be a stare-down, because they just stood there looking at each other.

"I'm watching you watching me..." :D
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited July 2019
    Flirting with their neighbour in front of their vampire wife. Sure, it's not like she is going to become enraged and run off to try to deep drink from the first person she comes across or anything...
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Suddenly deciding to strike up a conversation with someone on the street when they're in their flat.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They can take their pets to the vet but can't take their children to the hospital or give them medicine....
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Climb out of the bed they're lying in when exhausted so that they can pass out on the floor
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    So many things. The AI does ridiculous things some times. My current hates:

Visitor in my house. Walks out of the house without saying anything, apparently to go jogging. Huh?
    Making cakes in my cafe. I'm in the kitchen with a bowl. Do I use the work surface I'm standing next to, or the one downstairs in the public toilet?
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    My nearly starving sims, all of whom live in households with good cooks and well stocked fridges full of excellent quality group meals, will inevitably grab a single cookie to eat every single time they are really hungry. Or, if the household has an ice cream machine (in families with kids), they will make ice cream instead of cooking or eating the healthy group meals in the fridge! Grrr!

Another pet peeve: NPC sims horning in on dates while my soulmate sims are trying to complete the Soulmate Love aspiration with gold standard dates. I had a date with one of my favourite sim couples (one of whom has the jealous trait) absolutely ruined by a pushy sim coming over and flirting with both of them. Not the first time that has happened either!
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Once, I told one of my Sims to go outside, but he wouldn't. For a second, I thought I'd forgotten the front door again, so I looked. The front door was definitely there, but the Sim couldn't get out of the house because...

Wait for it...

There was a glass of orange juice in the way.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Because it's completely unreasonable to expect an adult Sim to be able to pick up a glass of orange juice and move it somewhere else! What was I thinking? (XD)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Always on toddlers, climb on the top of the house while they are starving to eat next to the cat.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited July 2019
    Recent LOLs/Quirks:
    Going on a date at the diner. Luckily my Sims food didn’t get stolen, but their date took too long to eat and another patron decided they were hungry enough to steal his food.

Apartment noises from the Bheeda unit. Complete with love hearts. {The one that results in a towel wearing or maid outfit wearing neighbour if/when you knock}. Only, Arun is standing out by the mailbox. I have qued up my active Sim to talk to him. The both ignore the noises coming from the apartment; fair enough. When they finish, one part/side of me is thinking; “You better go check what your pregnant wife is watching on TV there buddy.” :p
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My boys do stupid stuff all the time, but the one, Riley, does more than his husband. One of the big stupid things he does is make coffee or a drink from his bar, pick up the family fox, and go outside to play horseshoes. Now he multitasks. Puts fox down, sips his drink, puts cup away and picks fox back up, puts fox back down, throws a horseshoe. Picks fox back up and immediately puts her down so he can throw another shoe. Stops to take a drink, picks fox up then right back down again to throw a horseshoe. Drives me absolutely bonkers when he does that.
    @AyKooChao But walking straight through tables and other surfaces is no problem. xD
  • purisu02purisu02 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love how my sim reacted when she took her daughter to her despised ex-husband.
    Please visit my sim stories blog; thesimsempat.wordpress.com :smiley:

cymera_20190703_090946-1.jpg
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    @AyKooChao But walking straight through tables and other surfaces is no problem. xD

Yep. Or sitting down on a couch that has a plate floating above it and getting it (the plate, not the couch) stuck in your arm. One of my Sims did that the other day and he didn't even care. Orange juice has some kind of forcefield-generating property, I guess. XD
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    edited August 2019
    -Walking all the way upstairs to wash dishes in the bathroom sink instead of using the perfectly good kitchen sink that's right in front of them
    -Not being able to take care of their baby because the cat was laying in front of the bassinet
    -Playing video games while not facing the tv
  • FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    Sim peeing 2 meter away from the toilet
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

Yep. Or sitting down on a couch that has a plate floating above it and getting it (the plate, not the couch) stuck in your arm. One of my Sims did that the other day and he didn't even care. Orange juice has some kind of forcefield-generating property, I guess. XD

Whoa, I've heard of plates getting stuck on your sims' hands but that takes the cake. xD Yeah that orange juice must be out of this world. :lol:
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited August 2019
    Randomly walking around the house and then doing oddball things when I give them a simple request, like "talk to so and so". It's worse when I CAN'T EVEN CANCEL what they're doing.

"Talk to so and so? SURE! Wait, let me go upstairs and get in the hot tub first. Okay, where are they? Oh, they've left the lot? Darn."