Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No hammocks?....

I am dissapointed that Island Living doesn't come with hammocks.. This seems like it would have been perfect for this pack. I am happy we at least have lounge chairs though.
2ynjgg8.png

Comments

• zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    hopefully we'll get them in a future vacation pack or a random items stuff pack
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I’ve never actually thought of hammocks in the game before.
    I can’t say I’m disappointed, since it’s not something I’ve ever thought of not was I expecting, but that would be a pretty cool feature down the road.

Definitely isn’t a necessity for my game, though. I’m ecstatic as is that we’re finally getting lounge chairs.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Maybe one of the CC Creators will create a super comfy hammock
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Given that they've only recently worked out the reclining animation for lounge chairs I'm not surprised; it would require further similar animations. Hopefully one day though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Given that they've only recently worked out the reclining animation for lounge chairs I'm not surprised; it would require further similar animations. Hopefully one day though.

I just thought the exact same - It took them around four years to add lounge chairs while they constantly announced how difficult the animations for it are and we just got some halfhearted attempt. I don't even dare dream about hammocks now, though it would have been really nice to have them in this pack.
    Side note - The Sims 2 Bon Voyage had them and that was 12 years ago...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

I just thought the exact same - It took them around four years to add lounge chairs while they constantly announced how difficult the animations for it are and we just got some halfhearted attempt. I don't even dare dream about hammocks now, though it would have been really nice to have them in this pack.
    Side note - The Sims 2 Bon Voyage had them and that was 12 years ago...

Different game engine and different programming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I've had cc lounge chairs for quiet some time. I would like to see houseboats come back.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I've had cc lounge chairs for quiet some time. I would like to see houseboats come back.

I wanted that too - but oh well -

I loved the houseboats a lot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I want hammocks too and was disappointed they did not come with IL - I miss the woohoo hammock from Sims 2. The lounge chairs are just boring - can't even read in one.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Same. Hammocks could still come, but Houseboats there's 0 chance now...
    Lu4ERme.gif

why do you say 0 chance for houseboats?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That would have been nice!!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Still could happen if there's a vacations EP or GP :) (I live in hope, it's my main address)

I think we will get houseboats. :p
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    We can't get houseboats in TS4.....because houseboats are lots that move, and the world maps of TS4 are static. You wouldn't be able to see your house in the map to travel to it, or you'd see it always in the same spot even though it's not.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    We can't get houseboats in TS4.....because houseboats are lots that move, and the world maps of TS4 are static. You wouldn't be able to see your house in the map to travel to it, or you'd see it always in the same spot even though it's not.

sorry but how do you know this for sure? why not if we have the boats and that ride on thing in your avi..??
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Why is it that when seeing this thread my thoughts immediately went to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbad8GEW78
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes! I wish we had them. I want something like this
    81-Qko6-Y8-L-SX425.jpg
    An then something like these two would be amazing as well.
    1553719338-hammock-chair-1553719321.png
    Audra-Swing-Chair-with-Stand.jpg
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @DoloresGrey

I wish for those too I loved them in series 2 and have them in my series 3 via a 2t3 conversions so it would be fab to have them in 4 unless we are going to get another island stuff pack soon lol :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yea totally a waist if you ask me. HOW!?? But I have this question for so many more missed chances in this EP.
    That low hanging palm tree would be cool if we could hang a swing chair of hammock under it. I am starting to think I have more creative and doable ideas then the devs. Just hire me already :D
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

why do you say 0 chance for houseboats?

Cause I don't see how it could fit in another EP/GP?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol why don’t they hire some animators!!
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »

@ddd994 I volunteer as tribute lol

2ynjgg8.png
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »

That would cost precious money, you'd think EA was some poor company, the way they make their games.