Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds you never use?

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
I am... very particular about my worlds.
Seeing how it's, even if you like the pack, unlikely that most of you will play more than one specific family in Sulani (while I don't think I'll ever play another world seriously again, I am just... addicted to Sulani), it made me wonder... what worlds do you never use?

For me it started early. I have never had a family past the single Sim starter home in Willow Creek. Oasis Springs was just better, at everything. I LOVE Mid century architecture, and well... with seasons... I really really really HATE COLD.
Anyway:
Worlds I never play in...

Willow Creek (supposedly New Orleans-vibes but way too few of them. I wouldn't have realized unless it was stated).
Newcrest, or "that place you place only community lots" (which I guess is the purpose, since it's a completely empty world)
Magnolia Promenade... Let's just say I had to be reminded in this very thread that the world even exists.
Forgotten hollow, too small, too uninteresting, and REALLY don't care for Goth style anyway. Architecture that is, I have nothing against Goths, be it 300AD Germans or pale youth with black clothing (I love vampires tho. They always end up living somewhere else)
Brindleton Bay... One word: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus, I find the addition of "Yet Another Stereotypical American World(tm)" boring. Imagine a Polish, French or Japanese town instead?
Strangerville. Funny, because it's warm, but I still don't like it. Plus, I find the addition of "Yet Another Stereotypical American World(tm)" boring. Imagine a Polish, French or Japanese town instead? (Wait did I say that one already?)

That leaves Oasis Springs, which I used to use all the time until City Living, San Myshuno, which I still absolutely LOVE, but only use for about half my games,
Del Sol Valley that is only really interesting if you're super rich, so I might come back to it, Windenburg, that used to be about 25% of my games, and now Sulani.
And as I said, Sulani replaces both Oasis Springs and Windenburg for me, really. I don't see me really play any other worlds in the future except Sulani or San Myshuno.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
Post edited by Beardedgeek on

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Ha, I really only play in Newcrest. My sims visit the other worlds a lot but rarely live there.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ha, I really only play in Newcrest. My sims visit the other worlds a lot but rarely live there.

Is it because you can build the whole place from the ground up? (oh and I LOVE your username!)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Pretty much, and there is room for my simmies to spread out. And thanks!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I like to mix up my sims' housing by using different worlds depending on my whim at the time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I play with all worlds and have specific buildings for all of them. I love Brindleton Bay, Forgotten Hollow and (surprisingly) Del Sol Valley. I can't really judge Sulani before NPCs can visit it and I can raise a family with functional toddlers there.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have played in all the neighbourhoods extensively (since I play a number of families rotationally) and I think they all have their good points; I also enjoy the varied weather since I don't mind snow. My favourite worlds are currently Sulani and Windenburg (which has long been a favourite, since it appeared). I am currently addicted to Sulani, too, like you. I also like the vacation worlds.

I agree that Willow Creek is one of the most boring of the worlds -- I rarely play there anymore except when I am checking in (briefly) with a particular family living there. It is good for certain kinds of collecting though.
    edited July 2019
    I play with all worlds and have specific buildings for all of them. I love Brindleton Bay, Forgotten Hollow and (surprisingly) Del Sol Valley. I can't really judge Sulani before NPCs can visit it and I can raise a family with functional toddlers there.

I must say that the newer worlds are noticeable higher quality, starting with Windenburg (and the exception of Forgotten Hollow, but they just didn't have much to work with there I guess. What's there is beautiful, but it's so cramped and barren at the same time).

As for Sulani, I LOVE the fact that outside "foreigners" only come if you have put in a custom public lot, like a restaurant or a gym or a spa. Then they show up. Which I wish you could turn off; I love not having the usual rabble come running into my Island paradise.
    As for the toddler bug... please educate me? Because I have not yet noticed it, though my main family does not have any (yet).
    I like to mix up my sims' housing by using different worlds depending on my whim at the time.

Well yes, me too. That's why I also play San Myshuno. ;)
    Seriously tho, I do that too but not on any of the worlds listed above.
    edited July 2019

To be honest, San Myshuno is the world that gets the least use from me, with the possible exception of Magnolia Promenade, but I do make the effort to have sims living in apartments now and then. I'd use them more if only it were possible to turn off the noisy neighbours and let my sims get some sleep.

I must say that the newer worlds are noticeable higher quality, starting with Windenburg (and the exception of Forgotten Hollow, but they just didn't have much to work with there I guess. What's there is beautiful, but it's so cramped and barren at the same time).

As for Sulani, I LOVE the fact that outside "foreigners" only come if you have put in a custom public lot, like a restaurant or a gym or a spa. Then they show up. Which I wish you could turn off; I love not having the usual rabble come running into my Island paradise.
    As for the toddler bug... please educate me? Because I have not yet noticed it, though my main family does not have any (yet).

I also like that NPC don't overrun Sulani, but the fact that I can't invite friends from other cities to my home lot is an unacceptable limitation. Toddlers are reported to stick to everything in their hands so that they have to be reset permanently. And with mermaids as parents genetics don't work. I hope all 3 bugs get fixed soon so that I can really start with IL.
    I have the toddler bug but I've have it since the latest patch, which I installed weeks before I bought Island Living.

To be honest, San Myshuno is the world that gets the least use from me, with the possible exception of Magnolia Promenade, but I do make the effort to have sims living in apartments now and then. I'd use them more if only it were possible to turn off the noisy neighbours and let my sims get some sleep.

Great, I forgot Magnolia Promenade. I keep forgetting it exists since I have never owned a business or visited a retail lot since i bought the game. (adding to list now). As for noisy neighbors... Save up a good bed, then you get enough sleep after they are done. They usually stop being noisy at what? 1 am? That's usually enough if you have an Energy 8 bed.
    I have the toddler bug but I've have it since the latest patch, which I installed weeks before I bought Island Living.

Yes, it was caused by the pre-IL patch (like stealing in restaurants). After recent EPs they tried to fix such game breaking bugs with emergency patches. I wonder what happened this time.

Yes, it was caused by the pre-IL patch (like stealing in restaurants). After recent EPs they tried to fix such game breaking bugs with emergency patches. I wonder what happened this time.

Hopefully there is a bigger patch coming. Which unfortunately takes longer. There are things other players have I have not noticed. Like walking on water, or getting stuck on floats, or... Thought I am still not convinced that the Walking On Water bug isn't caused by custom content, just like some suntanning bugs.
    edited July 2019
    What about the toddler bug, could that be caused by cc or is it very widespread? I ask only because my toddlers have been fine. I have, though, been playing entirely off the grid — maybe that makes a difference? This means that I have mainly been feeding them from the cooler, their parents’ inventories, or from group meals cooked in the barbecue pit. Nothing has gotten stuck to them yet.
    What about the toddler bug, could that be caused by cc or is it very widespread? I ask only because my toddlers have been fine. I have, though, been playing entirely off the grid — maybe that makes a difference? This means that I have mainly been feeding them from the cooler, their parents’ inventories, or from group meals cooked in the barbecue pit. Nothing has gotten stuck to them yet.

Well I saw a comment somewhere else (The "What happened in your game today") I think about someone who as an experiment use ONLY tablets to educate his toddlers and they are NOT bugged. So...?
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I never use Magnolia Promenade, there's nothing good about it..

Well I saw a comment somewhere else (The "What happened in your game today") I think about someone who as an experiment use ONLY tablets to educate his toddlers and they are NOT bugged. So...?

Hmm. I have been educating my toddlers entirely with flash cards or blocks (on the principle that it is low tech enough for a poor family), not the tablet. For fun they all play in the sand. Now I will live in fear that they will become bugged.

Hmm. I have been educating my toddlers entirely with flash cards or blocks (on the principle that it is low tech enough for a poor family), not the tablet. For fun they all play in the sand. Now I will live in fear that they will become bugged.

Not to derail too far from the original topic but Reset works, if they do, apparently.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, I don't play in any world except Sulani. I used to play in StrangerVille or Newcrest prior. I may place sims in other worlds, but I don't play them.
    Well, I don't play in any world except Sulani. I used to play in StrangerVille or Newcrest prior. I may place sims in other worlds, but I don't play them.

Same. I fill all houses. In all worlds. But I never play them.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    The only ones I consistently play in is Newcrest and Sulani.. LOL. They're just all so "meh". I did play them on release of the new packs, but I never go back after that. (Besides Sulani, of course, that one is holding on strong so far.)
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I have never played Magnolia Promenade, but I plan to build something interesting on the empty lot, that will make this world worthwhile.

I' think I play in all the worlds. I have a secluded Vampire society in forgotten hollow, an Infected mother plant cult in Strangerville (Complete with cult lair).
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Before IL, my sims usually ended up in Oasis Springs, especially after Seasons. I just get enough of cold and snow in my real life, I don't want to deal with it much in sims. Now I'm addicted to living in Sulani, and currently have 3 saves there. 2 was started there, and the third household was moved there from Windenburg. I don't even let my sims venture out much, I turn down any invitations to go elsewhere :D

I do love San Myshuno too, but dealing with neighbourse throw me off the place. I'll be trying it again soon'ish, since I got a mod for "thick walls", so noise shouldn't be a problem anymore. Also just don't like the restrictions on apartments.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Windenburg in roughly equal measures take up about 90%. Brindleton Bay and Oasis Springs take up the remainder. The other worlds are mostly for visiting purposes, if at all, but I do have a househeold or two in Strangerville (different game saves) but haven't played either in a long time. Overall, TS4 worlds simply can't compare to those in TS2 when it comes to spaciousness, lot count, and ability to customize to my liking.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Magnolia promenade and forgotten hollow I rarely if ever use.