Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Toddler Suggestions?

My sim family had triplets and now all 3 are toddlers, and how do you take care of them? The sims keep picking up and putting down the toddlers constantly, and sim toddlers can't eat. The nanny should be like a reoccurring maid and should have an option to comeback regularly. How do I deal with these issues?

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    If you have City Living toddlers can eat siaopo and ensaymada without glitching because those foods don’t use plates.
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    If you have City Living toddlers can eat siaopo and ensaymada without glitching because those foods don’t use plates.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Is toddlers no being able to eat now a new bug?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If a toddler isn’t doing what you want (eating, sleeping, whatever) they may have a plate or toy stuck to their hand that you don’t see.
    To fix it:
    Click somewhere for a toddler to “go here” and let them just stand there. They’ll show you what’s in their hand. Use the resetsim cheat. It takes that thing out of their hand.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    If a toddler isn’t doing what you want (eating, sleeping, whatever) they may have a plate or toy stuck to their hand that you don’t see.
    To fix it:
    Click somewhere for a toddler to “go here” and let them just stand there. They’ll show you what’s in their hand. Use the resetsim cheat. It takes that thing out of their hand.

This works most of the time, but even when I do this the parents/adults keep putting the toddler to the high chair and then putting them down and then putting them to the high chair and putting them down... and it goes on and on... the poor toddler is starving! Resetsim works at times but now I've just started to cheat "fill needs" or age them up 'cos I'm so sick and tired of this bug.
    origin ID: adduapina
    adduapina wrote: »
    To fix it:

This works most of the time, but even when I do this the parents/adults keep putting the toddler to the high chair and then putting them down and then putting them to the high chair and putting them down... and it goes on and on... the poor toddler is starving! Resetsim works at times but now I've just started to cheat "fill needs" or age them up 'cos I'm so sick and tired of this bug.

This ☝️
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've not had to take care of three toddlers ever, and even two was quite a while ago in a save I don't currently have installed.

First, I never use the high chair. I have several servings of food in the fridge, even some times a fridge right next to (or in) the toddler room. I make sure I have a sofa or living room chairs there also. Drag the food to a surface so the toddler/s can grab it themselves. They are quite self sufficient. I keep the parents busy with their own things, I don't let them make a mess of things. Parents are good for cuddles and baths and teaching the small ones, but they're usually not too smart with other things. I also play with mostly Independent toddlers, I very rarely try any other trait. Its just less hassle, since they can use the potty right away.

I just have the chairs/sofa, fridge and a couple of surfaces like coffee tables where the toddlers can eat in peace. If the plate gets stuck to their hand, I reset the sim. I've had the stuck item bug with toys, possibly books, but never plates. I also use MCCC's cheat menu to reset. Then I don't have to type in the command all the time.

ETA: forgot to say ..Instead of the usual fridge, I some times use the Frigidare Refrigerated Display ($325) or the Baker's Cousin Display Case ($425) from GTW. I'm not sure, but the food might stay fresh longer in those, or maybe that's just baked goods..... Its in Surfaces/Display category.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    1 is okay, 2 is manageable, 3 becomes hard :joy:

My advice? Abandon the highchair, for now, just put food out and call for a meal. They'll grab a plate, sit their little toddler butts down on the floor or sofa and eat right there :) It really saves you the headache of trying to get them all into their toddler chairs. Which seems to be getting exponentially more difficult the more toddlers you have.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. 🙂
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    To fix it:

Oh, I gave up on the high chair a long time ago. Can’t help with that one. Such a shame, too!

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    But I want my high chair! *tantrum*

( :wink: )
    origin ID: adduapina
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Looking after more than 1 toddler can be difficult. I had 2 sets of twins in quick succession. I had to give up on the high chair in the end. For an easy life I used to cook meals or bake treats and move them to a surface the toddlers could reach like the coffee table so they could just help themselves if they were hungry. If they were waiting on parents to feed them in the high chair their hunger bar would always get to critical and my toddlers were constantly "hangry" or tired and trying to feed a hangry, tired toddler in the high chair was a nightmare.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2019
    oh this is the funnest time! I had triplets before and just had twins grow into kids. The more you have of them the easier it is to take care of them. My parents hardly even touched the kids lol. Have the tots grab their own food, interact with one another. The only thing you might need parents for at the start is potty but you don't even need to potty train them. Just change the nappies lol it's a quick interaction.
    They're incredibly cute. I wanna have tripelts again or at least twins.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I never place the highchair. I use the little stools. I will put a stool by the kitchen table so when the family eats, the toddler can sit there with them unless someone is watching tv, then the toddler might go to the LR. I sometimes place a stool in the corner of the LR too, in case the couch is full, LOL. I place one by the picnic table too. I always make sure there is an end table close so they don't walk too far to lay the plate down.

Seems like it doesn't matter now what I do, they always have a toy or something glitching them.I gave up on resetting my toddlers (which is often) because of this glitch. Sad, really sad!

Edit to add that you need to set the stools sideways at the dining table etc for it to work.
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
    I never place the highchair. I use the little stools. I will put a stool by the kitchen table so when the family eats, the toddler can sit there with them unless someone is watching tv, then the toddler might go to the LR. I sometimes place a stool in the corner of the LR too, in case the couch is full, LOL. I place one by the picnic table too. I always make sure there is an end table close so they don't walk too far to lay the plate down.

Seems like it doesn't matter now what I do, they always have a toy or something glitching them.I gave up on resetting my toddlers (which is often) because of this glitch. Sad, really sad!

Are the stools in the base game or are they in a pack?
    edited July 2019

Are the stools in the base game or are they in a pack?

It came with jungle adventure. I use to use the "Best Bear Friend" chair (which is base game)!
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    *******************************************************************************************
    @EnderGamer87 said:

My sim family had triplets and now all 3 are toddlers, and how do you take care of them? The sims keep picking up and putting down the toddlers constantly, and sim toddlers can't eat. The nanny should be like a reoccurring maid and should have an option to comeback regularly. How do I deal with these issues?
    *********************************************************************************************

The sims keep picking up and putting down the toddlers constantly, and sim toddlers can't eat. This is a bug it happens when the toddler gets a (toy, Dish-plate or book) stuck in his/her hands. Its solved by clicking in the toddler whle holding the control key, and choosing to Resest the toddler.
    @Alexciel Right. Since the latest patch though, I am so done with having to "reset" them constantly! I just don't play them anymore, which is really sad.

I never had hardly any bugs till this patch. I won't hold my breath for a "fix" anytime soon!
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2019
    (I'm sorry for the double post, but I can't edit my comment to add new information)

1) I discovered that the best way to feed the toddlers is keeping harvested fruit in the toddler inventory (Different kinds of fruit because can be queued better). Just click on the fruits and select "eat".

2) Also, the best way to put them to sleep is to keep the toddler beds far away from any kind of chair, because while the caretaker while trying to sit on the chair the toddler will cancel the action.

3) A Toddler will protest less when an adult tries to teach them, if the one initiating the action is the toddler.

4) Wash out for turned on stereos that are too far from the nursery area, because toddler like to be dancing in front of the stereo when you load the lot.

5) You can add nurseries to some community lots.
    Post edited by Alexciel on
    Alexciel wrote: »
    (I'm sorry for the double post, but I can't edit my comment to add new information)

1) I discovered that the best way to feed the toddlers is keeping harvested fruit in the toddler inventory. Just click on the fruits and select "eat".

2) Also, the best way to put them to sleep is to keep the toddler beds far away from any kind of chair, because while the caretaker while trying to sit on the chair the toddler will cancel the action.

3) A Toddler will protest less when an adult tries to teach them, if the one initiating the action is the toddler.

4) Wash out for turned on stereos that are too far from the nursery area, because toddler like to be dancing in front of the stereo when you load the lot.

5) You can add nurseries to some community lots.

Will keep a note of these, and thanks everyone for the tips. I just wanted suggestions because I don't want the toddlers to be accidentally taken away.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    When faced with this nightmare I play all of the sims including the toddler. I don't expect things to just get taken care of.
    I give most of my toddlers the independent trait also to start off. If I get a lazy nanny or butler I cheat their traits in CAS. I'll usually give them neat and foodie sometimes athletic so they will get energized now and then. All negative traits are banished.. except squeamish as they clean more when paired with neat. Since you have to train and praise the service workers for better performance I try not to fire them. I just mold them.
    When my nanny or butler cooks I flip to playing the toddlers and have them go get food if hungry. I put the leftovers away for when they or others are hungry but no one has cooked recently. I don't use the highchairs, even if they are tweaked or fixed I wouldn't know because it's still more work with the up and down business.
    I have my toddlers click on the nanny, butler or even visitors to get attention, fun, potty, bath ect.. Not the parent.
    If my sim is working I see to their needs, their job stuff ect and in their free time they can socialize, play with or teach their children (or do the aspiration stuff).
    I don't have households where the sims are constantly checking or picking them up and putting them down. I play with autonomy on for everyone but the sim I'm currently controlling. So maybe that makes it better. I do the rounds, give them something to do and do it all over again, using pause frequently.

I did have the toy stuck in the toddlers hand bug since IL dropped. So right now I wouldn't play them with a toybox or anything that they pick up and put in the inventory at all. Mine kept getting that wabbit tablet stuck. I know the doll houses, stacking blocks, big stuffed animals, ball pit ect are fine, wading poll and things like that are fine. For some reason I lucked out and a plate never got stuck when playing with a toddler recently.
    I have a pregnant sim right now it should be interesting. I better learn how to cook Siopao and Ensaymada. Or stock up on harvestable food.

By the way if you have the bug go click "me too". https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Toddler-Sims-issues-with-eating-sleeping-stuck/td-p/7955699

egTcBMc.png
    I also have been seeing Toys like stuck in random positions when they supposedly drop them instead of placing the on a surface or the floor.
    edited July 2019
    @Hermitgirl I have autonomy on full for everyone, what do you mean by controlling just one? Do you just neglect the other ones?

Good idea, I think I might try playing toddlers again without the toy box and stuff, and use the dollhouse etc. Thanks for that info!

I already clicked the "Me Too"
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Hermitgirl I have autonomy on full for everyone, what do you mean by controlling just one? Do you just neglect the other ones?

Good idea, I think I might try playing toddlers again without the toy box and stuff, and use the dollhouse etc. Thanks for that info!

I already clicked the "Me Too"

Under game options in the gameplay tab I set it to full autonomy and below that I check disable autonomy for selected sim.

Since I switch between playing every sim in the whole household normally.. when I'm on the sim I want to check on or play .. they won't fight me with big ideas of their own... mostly.
    If I send them to eat they might clean their plate. If I send them to the go the bathroom they wash their hands without me telling them too. Other sims may interrupt them to talk ect.. and basically that's the only actions I have to cancel out while on that sim. I think they might do other necessary stuff on their own but really I'm so fast at it I don't notice. The others have autonomy on so if I leave them for a bit they find something to do but I just flip around the household to direct them to do what I want them to do.

To me that setting is really helpful especially for a micromanger.
    egTcBMc.png
    Thank you @Hermitgirl I took notes, so when I go in game again (soon) I will go to gameplay tab and try it out. The bigger the family the harder it is for me. I just bounce everywhere trying to keep up with needs on all of them.