Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me spot the disallowed word?

Trying to upload a household to the gallery and it's telling me I'm using a disallowed word but I can't for the life of me figure out which one. Here's my description:

#AlexanderGoth, his #pregnant #daughter, her #husband and their #angelic #twin #toddlers. Alex is pursuing his #vampire dreams, and since they were born on a #darkleyline, the #grandkids seems to be following in his footsteps! Alexandria and Garreth are focused on #family and already have another little bundle (or 2?!) of joy on the way. They all get along pretty well...although #neat Gareth finds his father in law a bit of a #slob! #artlover #musiclover #bookworm

And it's not "pregnant" cause I already tried deleting that one. The kids names are Gardenia and Galen, could those be bad words I don't know about?

Please help!

Comments

• robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    How bizarre! Do Alexandria and Garreth have a different last name? This can happen if a name happens to contain a disallowed word in the spelling.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I don't see anything there except what I think may be a typo. "darkleyline"
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't see anything that would trigger the language filters. It could be the name of an existing Sim family (Goth) that's the problem. I had a difficult time saving a version of the Straud family to my gallery once but when I changed the name slightly it stopped balking.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    What about slob? Something of a reach, admittedly.
    Frn0731 wrote: »

That's a thing from Vampires, I believe.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hmm, I see nothing, but the language filter is notoriously picky. Angelic maybe? No, I don't know why, but try random words until it goes through? And check the in-between letters to see if any form a new word that could be considered bad. I didn't see anything, but I just glanced through it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Trying to upload a household to the gallery and it's telling me I'm using a disallowed word but I can't for the life of me figure out which one. Here's my description:

#AlexanderGoth, his #pregnant #daughter, her #husband and their #angelic #twin #toddlers. Alex is pursuing his #vampire dreams, and since they were born on a #darkleyline, the #grandkids seems to be following in his footsteps! Alexandria and Garreth are focused on #family and already have another little bundle (or 2?!) of joy on the way. They all get along pretty well...although #neat Gareth finds his father in law a bit of a #slob! #artlover #musiclover #bookworm

And it's not "pregnant" cause I already tried deleting that one. The kids names are Gardenia and Galen, could those be bad words I don't know about?

Please help!

It may be darkleyline

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Maybe you have too many #'s.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    See if it's #alexandergoth, I know you can't upload original characters and houses to the gallery, you need to change the name (some people managed to do it, but I don't know how).
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    It's a mystery why some words are not allowed. I recently get the message when I tried to add a copy of the original strangerville library to my library. Apparently the original maxis description of the lot contains a forbidden word.

If the tips above don't work, perhaps you can try the first half of the description to find out if it's in the first or the second half. And then again split up that part until you find it.
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    "law a" = lawa = awal = a*nal I guess?

But if it's because there's a word that needs to be censored, then it would be plummed in the forums, so I guess is propably just too many tags.

Or maybe its because of alexander goth and you have to change his name
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited July 2019
    Have you tried changing Galen's name? I somehow think that might be the problem?

Also, as far as I know there's no such thing as too many hashtags, I've seen plenty of creations whose description consists of an endless string of hashtags.
    And I'm quite positive that uploading premades isn't an issue either, unless their names are disallowed for some other reason. I have uploaded a makeover of the Goth family and didn't have any issues with that, so Alexander isn't the problem in this scenario.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    Have you tried changing Galen's name? I somehow think that might be the problem?

Also, as far as I know there's no such thing as too many hashtags, I've seen plenty of creations whose description consists of an endless string of hashtags.
    And I'm quite positive that uploading premades isn't an issue either, unless their names are disallowed for some other reason. I have uploaded a makeover of the Goth family and didn't have any issues with that, so Alexander isn't the problem in this scenario.

It could also be a name coupled with a surname?

Like Galen A******

and len a backwards is a nel which is like a*nal
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @FanPhoria Did you figure it out yet? The only thing I can think of would be #darkleyline or #AlexanderGoth. Maybe try spacing the first one out or changing Alexander's name slightly?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would remove the" (or 2?!) " and see if that works.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

This turned out to be it! I seperated the words so it said "dark ley line" more clearly, and now they're successfully uploaded to the gallery! Huzzah, and thanks everyone!
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    yay!! . I'm glad you got it straightened out.
    Laugh out loud. Often

This turned out to be it! I seperated the words so it said "dark ley line" more clearly, and now they're successfully uploaded to the gallery! Huzzah, and thanks everyone!

Yeah, must be something with turning more words into only one word, making it sound like an euphemism.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hmm, I see nothing, but the language filter is notoriously picky. Angelic maybe? No, I don't know why, but try random words until it goes through? And check the in-between letters to see if any form a new word that could be considered bad. I didn't see anything, but I just glanced through it.

Angelic could be it. I reemebr people could not use the satan or angel words in their gallery uploads ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

That tag is very close to a racial slur. So I'm guessing that's why it was banned.