Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I trained my queen too well

I was doing a quest with my blacksmith. I was mining rocks when my blacksmith got a picture of a sim over her head and she acted like she was sad. So I checked the pit and the queen had sent someone there who didn't make it out alive. I had a laugh and I wondered what the sim did to make my queen send them there. :D

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I never had that happen. That's a great story and I would like to know, too. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I was surprised. It never happened before in my game. :)
    The only thing I can think of is if you were playing the queen and had ordered someone to pit, then changed hero to play a new quest the game keeps going with whatever you left the queen doing etc. Like if your quest ended and your Sim is at the pub, when it finished and you left a command they may go ahead and fill that command as you play a different Sim. But it would be great if they do this autonomously and make it a lot more fun. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of is if you were playing the queen and had ordered someone to pit, then changed hero to play a new quest the game keeps going with whatever you left the queen doing etc. Like if your quest ended and your Sim is at the pub, when it finished and you left a command they may go ahead and fill that command as you play a different Sim. But it would be great if they do this autonomously and make it a lot more fun. :D

I think that's what happened. I had played the queen and sent sims to the pit for using her chamber pot, mirror, and tub in her room. (The sims had their own stuff set up in the right room, the queen's stuff was in the left room, and the food stuff was in the center room). There was a long list of sims that were sent when the quest ended.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I think that's what happened. I had played the queen and sent sims to the pit for using her chamber pot, mirror, and tub in her room. (The sims had their own stuff set up in the right room, the queen's stuff was in the left room, and the food stuff was in the center room). There was a long list of sims that were sent when the quest ended.

I will have to remember this. Maybe I will finally get Henry VIII to work right and kill off his wives and mistresses. >:)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yeah - your Constable can only process one arrest at a time, but will track who is on the list, and will continue enforcement even after your Monarch is no longer your active Hero.

Quest NPCs violating my Privacy settings irk me. Although usually they only get sent to the pillory.
    I started playing the wizard, doctor, and blacksmith and ignored the quests using the queen for a long time. I got my kingdom to high knowledge and passed the stocks during a quest. The town crier and the spy was locked up but I wondered what the town crier did.

I know the jacoban and the spy get locked up because of their jobs. The town crier ends up in the stocks a lot in this game save. In this game save the jacoban, spy, and the town crier are keeping the stocks full. :D
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Is your Town Crier Peteran? Sims can get put in the pillory for tearing down Jacoban proclamations.

Also, the Town Crier is one of a handful of NPCs that is armed. Perhaps they have an antisocial trait and were robbing other Sims?
    Sims can get put in the stocks for 'threatening for money'? I'd better not do that again with my knight.

I was trying to pay taxes and the sims kept going in front of her. After 2 sims had gone before her, a third sim from the front of the church slowly walked down the stairs to use the post. At this point I had lost patience and threatened her for money. After that my sim was able to use the post without any other sims jumping the line, so to speak.

I think I'll start having my sims use their parrots to attack the sims that make me mad. That shouldn't have them end up in the stocks. :D
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Ah that sounds like a great idea! ♥
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    Ah that sounds like a great idea! ♥

I've been having my parrots attack and it works really well. If the sim doesn't live there they leave the building. If the sims lives there they leave the room.

I'm playing my queen and she's good friends with the court bard. The court bard went into the queen's bedroom and performed. I summoned the parrot and had it attack the court bard. The room emptied of sims after the attack was over and there was no relationship loss with the court bard. :D