Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @AbellaKellaher I don’t mind that.. But your blending method appeals to me :smiley:
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Apparently, if your sims have a book in their inventory and you have them relax on a beach towel or whatever the action is called, they'll read the book like this, which is adorable.
    47845073291_eb1cda89bc.jpg
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Many people may know this: eyes size have an effect on eyelash length

Some mystery of Angelistas from bridgeport:
    "The bright lights first lured Lala to the city where she thought she would find fortune, fame, and love", hint that she was from other town
    But bridgeport graveyard have her mother's grave, they're enemies(it hint they ever met, different from Tiara and her father)
    So what's happened
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I didn't know that when you are at the bookstore or grocery store, if you double click the item it adds it your shopping cart.Makes much faster buy bulk items instead of the "add to cart" button.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I didn't know that when you are at the bookstore or grocery store, if you double click the item it adds it your shopping cart.Makes much faster buy bulk items instead of the "add to cart" button.

Yeah, that's extremely convenient. In fact, you can keep clicking to add more items at the same time, as long as you do it quickly enough. It works in the opposite direction too, when you're selling your sims' produce, or anything at the consignment store. It makes going through those long lists of fish and paintings much easier when you can just double-click your way down the entire list with the help of a scroll wheel.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2019
    I was looking through some free cookbook when I came across an actual recipe for Eggs Machiavellian!

Seeing this recipe in real life just made me feel all the more connected to my own TS3 sims! It's a shame that when I threw my recipe book up in the air that it smacked me back in the face on its way down. So disappointed that it didn't disappear in a magical puff of light, lol! Anyway, sooner or later, I'm going to try this out as it is a very simple recipe, and my cooking level is at 7. I won't be able to just pull all the equipment out of thin air like my sims can, but I think I have it all somewhere in my cabinets!

It's also posted on the internet so I'm sharing it with you all as well (please click blue title for the webpage version):

Eggs Machiavellian (inspired by 'The Sims® 3')
    5404149.jpg
    "Eggs over-easy and pan-grilled watermelon, flavored with
    fresh parmesan cheese. On its own, with the meat,
    Eggs Machiavellian is very good for brunch."

Ingredients
    • 2 (1/2-inch to 1-inch thick) quarter-slices watermelon
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
    • 2 thin slices thinly sliced ham (optional)

Directions
    1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, lie the watermelon into the pan with the rind along the edge of the pan, leaving one half the the cooking surface free.
    2. Crack eggs into the free space in the skillet. Top the eggs with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Cook until the egg white begins to solidify on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Begin folding the solid egg white over the translucent egg white. Continue cooking until the egg can be tilted with the edge of a spatula without the top part of it sliding away from the cooked egg white and is lightly crisped on the bottom, about 2 minutes more. Flip both the eggs and the watermelon pieces; sprinkle another 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese over the eggs and another 1/4 of the Parmesan over the watermelon pieces. Continue cooking until the egg whites are crisp on the underside, but the yolk remains soft when pressed lightly with the back of a spatula, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove eggs to a plate.
    3. Continue cooking watermelon until darkened on the underside, about 1 minute more. Flip watermelon pieces again, top with remaining Parmesan cheese, and remove to the plate with the eggs.
    4. Sear ham slices in any remaining liquid in the skillet just until lightly browned and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the plate next to the watermelon and eggs.

Cook's Notes:
    • You can also use a thick slice of ham or a few slices of bacon, if you prefer.
    • A nonstick pan is best, but it must be at least stainless steel. Do not use cast iron.
    • The eggs or watermelon can be salted to taste, but the Parmesan usually lends enough salt to the eggs, in my opinion, and the pan-grilled watermelon stands on its own without salt. Have this on its own or with toast or cereal.
    • The watermelon can be had with or without yolk; a bite of watermelon on a toast point with a drizzle of the parmesan egg yolk can be quite scrumptious.
    • Can be separated into two smaller servings, especially if toast or another side is added.

Nutrition Facts
    Per Serving: 483 calories; 21.3 g fat; 46.2 g carbohydrates; 31.7 g protein; 413 mg cholesterol; 949 mg sodium.

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Ooh, that's awesome! I'm going to download that recipe as well!

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I've recently found out that you can actually edit the town during the set up of a new world save. I've found this out whilst creating a testing save. WHY DID I NOT DISCOVER THIS EARLIER?
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just learned that the butler will make one half of the bed even if the spouse sim is still sleeping in the other half.

EDIT: didn't want to create a new entry to add this: Squirrels! I didn't now TS3 had them! I put some trees in my yard finally along with a treehouse for the kids. I noticed the butler raking leaves again and zoomed in on what I THOUGHT were mice. Not the case! Cute little squirrels running around in the yard!
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I learned that you can see the sims breath when it's cold outside and they rub their arms together.
    :) Smile!

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    First one: I didn't know that when a sim who's carrying a baby walks over a Floor Hygenator, the baby gets a scared moodlet from it! :lol:

Second: I have NEVER seen a diaper rash moodlet on a baby until today! :open_mouth: I wanna say it's a moodlet that comes from the Store Baby Changing Table.

(I took pictures for proof on my phone and totally would've shared them on this post, but my computer is being stupid and won't recognize my phone so I can't transfer the pictures over. :unamused: Curse modern technology sometimes! )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ChoerrysRoachChoerrysRoach Posts: 35 Member
    I love learning these things guess its time to start up the sims 3
    chips-ahoy-chipsahoy-chi-literally-nobody-chips-ahoy-stan-loona-45479729.png
  • ChoerrysRoachChoerrysRoach Posts: 35 Member
    @Pancakesandwich thanks for your thread very insightful :D
    chips-ahoy-chipsahoy-chi-literally-nobody-chips-ahoy-stan-loona-45479729.png
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Today I learned that woohoo with a plumbot can lead to pregnancy!! I suspect the baby will be a clone of the mother, though.

I also went into buy/debug while in China to spruce up the base camp, and when I exited, I had 6 new portraits of roommates to go with my two sims I was playing. I tried the phone to remove them, but nothing showed up. Thankfully when I left China, they stayed behind. I hope they don't come back when I visit again.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    @KevinL5275 - Not sure what happened there exactly, but inactive roommates including temporary ones specific to other worlds showing up as non-selectable icons on the left side of the screen is an option of NRaas PortraitPanel if you have that mod. Usually we see this happen when our sims stay in the dorms or frat/sorority houses in Uni World or intentionally take in roommates in our homeworlds, don't think I've ever seen WA tourists show up that way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Did you know that the pre-mades on Sims University don’t have winter clothes as default? The game generates winter clothes for them when the cold days come.

That’s a pity because the game devs have put quite an effort on those sims, with clothes with non-standard textures and colors. Then the temperature drops and they all use generic clothing.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bus(no school bus)
    Don't know how to trigger, jus accident
    ZBHM3q.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I have noticed just recently that when the sims play video games in TV, there is "EA" logo at the corner of their TV screen
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It's a reference to the slogan "EA - It's in the game!" :wink:
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Bus(no school bus)
    ZBHM3q.jpg

Well what kind of bus is this?! Really I havent seen this before. Is it military?
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @jaletu2005 I've seen one of my sims call that bus when another sim in the active household is already taking a taxi somewhere else. It only seems to happen if I wait to tell the second sim to go somewhere after the first sim is already sitting inside the cab; otherwise, they both get taxis, and there's no bus.

I've also noticed it go by when I start a brand new game in Riverview, where my sims usually live in the small starter home next to the split personality house occupied by the Lin sisters. (I think it's them, anyway.) The bus goes left to right in front of the house, but I've never bothered to follow it to find out who was inside.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    Bus(no school bus)
    ZBHM3q.jpg

Well what kind of bus is this?! Really I havent seen this before. Is it military?

It's the tour bus for Sims in higher levels of the Music career.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Thank you @puzzleaddict and @starguru. I need to pay more attention in my game!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It's for the rock star branch of the music career. Sims in the symphonic branch get a limousine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top