Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would this be worth the money...? Video card question...system specs included...

2...Next

Comments

• LeonardKeithLeonardKeith Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha!! thanks Cyborg. Spent way too much on this computer already. (it's never too much though)

Thermaltake is a casing company and they make beautiful casings. I mean really beautiful and very air efficient too so everything stays cool. Silverstone is not bad too. Simple slick.
    Cathode lights are fun things to have. They light up your PC so in the dark, your room glows nicely.

The keyboard is one of the top gaming keyboard thus far. it has way too many functions heh heh.
  • cyborg34572cyborg34572 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha!! thanks Cyborg. Spent way too much on this computer already. (it's never too much though)

Thermaltake is a casing company and they make beautiful casings. I mean really beautiful and very air efficient too so everything stays cool. Silverstone is not bad too. Simple slick.
    Cathode lights are fun things to have. They light up your PC so in the dark, your room glows nicely.

The keyboard is one of the top gaming keyboard thus far. it has way too many functions heh heh.

yep same here.
    its gonna be years till upgrade my pc again.

and ur right about the too many functions on the keyboard .
    u wont even use most of them! lol.

and about cases
    i kinda like asus's new gaming pc's case.
    http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/asuspc.jpg

idk i like alien looking cases
    that case looks like an alien lives in it 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    same with the alienware cases
    but they are way overpriced.

• LeonardKeithLeonardKeith Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Holy molly!!! that case looks like a piece of the terminator's body man!
    This is like Asus new generation style. They've never made casings like that before, or rather, not that I know off.
    The shine is sweet pee man.

That's like alien HQ or something haha.

Alrighty guys, I'm off work soon. Good luck with everything scsimmerman and awesome stuff cyborg. Catch you guys around.
  • cyborg34572cyborg34572 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yup i gotta crash to bed aswell
    cant be late for work lol

been nice talking to you guys
    scsimmerman and leonardkeith

catch you guys around =D

peace.

btw ill add u guys on here hehe.
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If your gona upgrade the whole pc you could do what I did. I bought a Dell Inspiron 530 from walmart for like $300. It came with Vista Premium 32 bit and all I did to it was took out the memory and replaced it with 4gb, and I put in a Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512mb vid card. It runs the Sims 3 like greased lightning on all high setting, other than shadows that I have on medium. Shopped around on ebay and got the vid card and memory for under $200, so with $500 or less I have a pc that can play todays games and most of whats coming out with little or no problems.

Edit:
    Forgot that I also had to upgrade the power supply too. Put in a 750w from ebay I got for like $30 shipping included.
  • scsimmermanscsimmerman Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys, sorry I disappeared. Was attempting to update my computer. My automatic updates don't work and so I was trying to get it SP3 for XP manually but it was being really weird. Really frusturating situation.
  • scsimmermanscsimmerman Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow! That's awesome! I am glad I saw your post mofurs. I'd like to not spend all the money I have, for something of that quality I might be willing to spend about 500, if that is what you ended up spending as it sounds?