Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Worlds and Their In Real Life Locations

lemonade578lemonade578 Posts: 75 Member
Hey! After looking at the beauty that is Sulani, I was wondering where the worlds in-game would be in the real world. Luckily, I made a map to show where they would be!

cUfiTAd.png
Let me explain... (in alphabetical order)
Brindleton Bay: I put Brindleton Bay in the U.S. region of New England. The aesthetic of the world just screams "New England!" to me!

Del Sol Valley: Two words... Los Angeles.

Forgotten Hollow: Ok... this one might be controversial. No real life location really fits this world. I chose the Transylvania region of Romania. I know the region does not really look like Forgotten Hollow, but based off of movies it fits.

Granite Falls: For this world I instantly thought of Yellowstone National Park in the United States. I see this as the best fit as the images of Yellowstone look a lot like Granite Falls.

Magnolia Promenade + Newcrest: There was no real place that came to mind with these worlds, other than the general United States and Canada. They are not on the map for this reason.

Oasis Springs: I chose the U.S. states of Arizona and New Mexico for this world. I debated choosing areas of Mexico, but I am not familiar with the region enough to pin point it.

San Myshuno: This one was hard. After looking online, I chose the areas of Tokyo, Japan and Hong Kong. Tokyo because of the architecture and Hong Kong for the geography. Many neighborhoods of San Myshuno do not fit in Tokyo, but I see Tokyo as the best fit for architecture.

Selvadorada: The Amazon Rainforest really looks like Selvadorada. Having my sims go to the Amazon is a fun idea to me!

Strangerville: Due to the military base and odd happenings, I chose Area 51 in Nevada, United States. What's going on in Area 51... what's going on in Strangerville... who knows?

Sulani: Sulani looked like a Pacific island. It gave me Tahiti and Polynesia vibes. I also got a bit of Hawaii from this world too.

Willow Creek: Due to the steamboat, the swampy backdrop, and the trees, I chose New Orleans, United States as the location for Willow Creek.

Windenburg: This world gave me a central and southern Germany vibe, but with a bit of Austria too.
cUfiTAd.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I agree wholeheartedly with all of this, except for Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest, which I think should have gone in the Great Lakes area of the United States.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Well done. I thought about Roswell, New Mexico for StrangerVille, though. Been there and it's rather quaint. And a tad eerie. ;) I have also driven past Area 51 and read the signs posted on the fence. Scary place, that. In my ancestral game save Newcrest is the Settlements, which was western North Carolina and eventually became the Southwest Territory South of the Ohio, and then finally, East Tennessee.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    San Myshuno could also be Singapore maybe? Or just a semi-futuristic blend of California and Japan, like San Fransokyo and the Ace Attorney games.

Sometimes I see them all as next to each other and part of SimCity. But each feels like a diff world.

Sulani would be an island in the ocean a lot of miles off the coast of the other parts of the uberhood.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I love this! I would just add that Oasis Springs also feels most like the Mojave Desert and 21 Palms area of California, which connects to Nevada and Arizona, so I think you’re correct just missing one location of it.

I don’t honestly play Newcrest enough to know what it looks like, but Magnolia Promenade to me looks just like an extension of Willow Creek and more of real life Louisiana. Either that or it could be Savanah, Georgia.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Granite Falls to me suggests Yosemite, which if I recall correctly was the very first National Park (thank you, John Muir).

San Myshuno, with its brick Victorian buildings, suggests to me San Fransisco, not an Asian city.

I accept that Willow Creek is meant to suggest New Orleans, but the "Spanish moss" in the trees throws me as IRL it is grey, not bright green.

Oasis Springs reminds me a great deal of the Sonoran Desert of southern Arizona, right down to the over-irrigated grass lawns in gated communities, but I suppose the same is true for most of the Southwest. The prevalence of saguaro cactus however pinpoints it to Arizona, northern Mexico, and parts of California.

Just my 2 cents.
    That's it, San Myshuno is named after San Francisco, but some of the sims and lots in it have an east asian elements to them - so did the semkemoto in sims 2 and of course sunset valley is not in asia. SM is modern but it is not really that asian.

There aren't really many asian towns? Shang sim la, takemizu village, technically also twikkii island, sunlit tides, and fulani are kind of southeast asian? Like Indonesian or something? But besides them I think that the most "asian passing" town is popably bridgeport? Or oasis landing?
  • lemonade578lemonade578 Posts: 75 Member
    @nerdfashion : I have never been to the true Great Lakes region, unless you count Chicago, but I can see elements of Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest fitting there.

@GalacticGal : I'm not too familiar with the southwestern U.S. to pinpoint Strangerville with specific towns, but your description sounds accurate. I can see Roswell as fitting for the town elements of Strangerville.

@Wainwrong (pt. 1) : I agree 100% that San Myshuno really doesn't fit one location too good. I never though of Singapore... that's a good addition!

@amp107 : I agree that Oasis Springs could be a bit larger on my map, I just didn't want to crowd the map in that region. Magnolia Promenade does feel like a Willow Creek extension now that you say it!

@Sindocat : Yosemite is a good contender for Granite Falls! It just comes down to picking a location, and since Yellowstone came to mind first, it's what I ultimately chose. I agree that San Myshuno looks like San Francisco, but, in my opinion, there were too many Asian elements to ignore to pinpoint San Myshuno directly to San Francisco. I guess I could have added it to the arrow web that it is right now.

@Wainwrong (pt. 2) : Since the Sims team works in Northern California, San Francisco is a good base for San Myshuno. In the backdrop, I just saw too many modern Asian elements to not put it in Asia though. If only I would have added San Francisco to my arrow web...
    cUfiTAd.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Even if its set in an alternate timeline, i belive that the world/locations wouldn't change that much... So if Sims 4 is set in the same world as The Sims Medieval would be, the game seems to hint that the world is a swapped version of ours. The castles/kingdoms/old country would be in the west, instead of the east.
    Here is the Ye Knowne Wyrlde map:
    latest?cb=20110408235103
    I believe that Windenburg would be in this lands.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Also, there is this awesome world map by @keylimepiesims that i need to share with you guys:
    sims_world_map_by_hazzaplumbob-da9cndo.png

They talk more about their map in here.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    [quote="Wainwrong;c-17149990"]San Myshuno could also be Singapore maybe? Or just a semi-futuristic blend of California and Japan, like San Fransokyo and the Ace Attorney games.

Sometimes I see them all as next to each other and part of SimCity. But each feels like a diff world.

Sulani would be an island in the ocean a lot of miles off the coast of the other parts of the uberhood.[/quote]

I agree with Wainwrong about San Myshuno. It feels like a mashup of San Fransisco and Tokyo...and I can even see hints of Harlem NY in the architecture of the Spice Market. The private karaoke rooms though are definitely a Tokyo element, and then of course there’s the obvious Asian-aesthetic build mode and CAS items that came with the pack. I think it might just be designed to represent multiple major cities.

0IzRxZE.jpg
    amp107 wrote: »
    Wainwrong wrote: »
    San Myshuno could also be Singapore maybe? Or just a semi-futuristic blend of California and Japan, like San Fransokyo and the Ace Attorney games.

Sulani would be an island in the ocean a lot of miles off the coast of the other parts of the uberhood.

I agree with Wainwrong about San Myshuno. It feels like a mashup of San Fransisco and Tokyo...and I can even see hints of Harlem NY in the architecture of the Spice Market. The private karaoke rooms though are definitely a Tokyo element, and then of course there’s the obvious Asian-aesthetic build mode and CAS items that came with the pack. I think it might just be designed to represent multiple major cities.

I agree! I guess the team wanted everyone to feel welcome!
    cUfiTAd.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Forgotten Hollow doesn't have much of a Romanian vibe to it.
    It seems to be more of an american horror setting, it reminds me of Sleepy Hollow meets every teenage vampire/werewolf/witch themed tv show location.

Romanian architecture is more all Romanesque columns or clunky medieval style.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    Forgotten Hollow doesn't have much of a Romanian vibe to it.
    It seems to be more of an american horror setting, it reminds me of Sleepy Hollow meets every teenage vampire/werewolf/witch themed tv show location.

Romanian architecture is more all Romanesque columns or clunky medieval style.

I do agree. I was just basing that location on the cliche vampire Transylvania. Much love and no shade to Romanians!
    cUfiTAd.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm pretty sure Willow Creek was already confirmed to be based on New Orleans.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Magnolia Promenade would also be New Orleans, more upriver than down by the delta. Steamboat at the dock and the one coming in give it away. Newcrest is more mid-west USA to me. San Myshuno has too much 'Frisco in it to be wholly based on asian cities, probably a blend of the two. Forgotten Hollow's not Old World enough for Roumania.
    Forgotten Hollow could be founded by vampires that happen to be of Romanian descent, like the first Straud to move in the Americas had a child with a Transylvania-born vampire. The child was a vampire like mom but ended up moving in with dad and founding Forgotten Hollow.

Forgotten Hollow has a 19th-early 20th century type... "look". It resembles Moonlight Falls and Appaloosa Plains.

Or maybe the Vatores are the Transylvanian ones, the surname sounds like it could be Romanian although it is not.

And Sunlit Tides would'nt be that far west in the sim Indian Ocean. To me it's near Twikkii and Sulani. They all have that pacific island (Micronesia\Polynesia) thing going on, and the names from those three seem to be the same language. One of the kids in Sunlit Tides is named Twikkii, too. Maybe Sunlit Tides' name is a calque of its native name?

And the islands from Castaway seem like Melanesia or Papua New Guinea so maybe they're right in the south of it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I always thought San Myshuno was based on San Francisco because of the very similar name and the distinct bridge which reminds me of the Golden Gate Bridge.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Wonder if they'd ever do a Russian inspired world :D
    The world map looks awfully empty in that part.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    > @Simpkin said:
    > Wonder if they'd ever do a Russian inspired world :D
    > The world map looks awfully empty in that part.

Yeah, or maybe a Central Asian or Caucasus thing?
    @Simpkin : that would be cool!
    @Wainwrong : again, cool!
    cUfiTAd.png
    @Simpkin : that would be cool!
    @Wainwrong : again, cool!

Maybe not a full 'hood but at least a family from it? Or clothes\food?
  • olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    Love this, thanks for the image!!!! I hope they make Arabian themed world someday, it would look amazing!!
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I’m fairly certain Oasis Springs took a lot of inspiration from Palm Springs-which is known for it’s mid-century modern and mission architecture. The lake and golf course lawns are also a big nod to the area.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I think Selvadorada would be in Mexico and that Forgotten Hollow would be in a Sleepy Hollow type place. Otherwise I agree and appreciate this map
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Interesting map. As a European it is good to see where you place the American inspired parts of the sim world.

But I have to disagree about the sim world closest to my real life surrounding.
    1. Windenburg has indeed a German vibe in the old town centre (to be honest this style of houses can also be found in other some other regions in Europe) but the countryside feels more like the UK to me. And the island along with the last name Bjergsen remind me of my trip to Norway.
    2. Windenburg is all coastal area so it can not be in central European with high snowy mountains far from every ocean.

To me windenburg feels like it fits in the zone between Germany, Norway and the UK , with a sim neighbourhood in each of them (also close to Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top