Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morri's Creations (New: Tabira's Folly - Off The Grid)

1235...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    I will repost here what I wrote in the challenge thread and add a little more about the cathedral .
    Lily Blossom Park looks so very nice! :)Very nice design and layout of the build! Each of the levels of the build sound great! Our sims will enjoy exploring all the nooks in the park! The blossom themed lamps look very pretty! The trees,plants and flowers through the outdoors areas look very nice! The different levels of the build look great! Very nice kids play area! The pirate ship looks great on the water! Kids will have fun playing there. Very nice picture of your park in the evening. The lantern tree and the candles in the water look very pretty!

The design and layout of Coeur Sang is very nice! :) It looks great how you have done the structure and roofing on the cathedral! It is great that you have designed it as a vampire restaurant. The outdoors areas look great! The rocks, plants and black barren trees give a great look to the build! The tombstones and ground rocks in the graveyard look great. You are creative in your furnishing of the interior of the cathedral, to complement well with the look of the outdoors areas. The downstairs crypt looks great! The portraits are nice touches on the wall. The skeleton nook looks scary! Very nice dining areas! The red colour scheme of the furnishings looks very nice. Nice dining area for sims to enjoy sitting at the round table eating a meal. The upper balcony booth seating dining area looks very nice ! The red candles add a great look to the area! The red curtains there look very nice.

The builds are very creatively designed and built! :)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, these two builds show insane amounts of creativity, awesome! Lilly Blossom Park looks amazing, all the various areas are so well designed and look like great fun for our sims. Really stunning job! Fantastic use of scaling up objects and MOO, love those lotus flower/candles on top op the various platforms combined with that particular statue In Coeur de Sang the architecture and landscaping look absolutely gorgeous and the use of vines, rocks and plants give certain areas a proper ancient and rundown look. Two masterpieces in their own right, well done!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Fantastic Cathedral, really love how the main body of it is elevated, really stands out proud. Wonderful amount of detail inside and a gorgeous restaurant as well. The crypt is incredibly spooky with the skeleton looking out :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Coeur de Sang is fantastic! WOW! Love the creepy vibe and the design! The lily blossom park looks great too! Very detailed! Will be adding to my favourites. <3 Finally have some simming time. :)
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Hi everyone! I needed a break form simming but all those new packs are irresistible. OK; I've built a lot in since I updated my thread '17 but I was too busy to share or even wrangle with photoshop and the forum... Sorry!

Here's my current project, the one I use to explore Island Living:

My Houseboat (deluxe version)!

The new beach lots are challenging. If you don't want to simply build everything on stilts there's not a lot of space and it isn't a boring square either. I love it and I do my best to work with the landscape and not against.

The houseboat sleeps 2 (one big bed) and has all the necessities - only the washing machine is on dry land at the shack. There's space for a sailboat at the harbor and some harvestibles. And yes, my Sim is running around naked... most of the time. Voluntarily. He doesn't like tan lines...

334k7r7.jpg

I shared it in my gallery, if someone wants to take a closer look. There's a Starter version as well with a smaller lot.
    The houseboat looks great! :) Very nice design of the boat! The curved decks and roofing are very nice! It is a great houseboat for Sims to enjoy living in!
    @rosemow Thank you for your kind comment! The curved decks are a fav of mine but they are such a hassle to get right, at least for me.
    Welcome on The Nereus, let me show you around!

I love Sulani's beaches and the clear water. I wanted one big build that left nature as pristine as possible.

This build was created for my billionaire Sim. Tony Stark *cough* I couldn't resist ^^. This yacht is over the top and very modern. And environment conscious, he put in a Arc-reactor, no fumes and fuel spills, nope.

The Nereus

oscump.jpg

This yacht has three decks:

Lower Deck:
    ka1k7d.jpg
    33oqomb.jpg
    makj87.jpg
    2hqwgfo.jpg
    14tufsp.jpg

Not pictured: Laundry Room, Bathroom & Sauna

Middle Deck:
    hsp11h.jpg
    Middle Deck: Pool, Upper Deck: Relaxation Area
    35250g6.jpg
    30rxkbo.jpg

Not pictured: Music Room & Coat Room

Upper Deck:
    rbl26e.jpg
    24oy53a.jpg

If you want to try it out, please note that I did not include collectibles apart from the IL harvestables. I tend to decorate with my collectibles and thus I've chosen wall racks and shelfs with them in mind, they are for now bare.

Edit: *stares* Oops. Typo, there's an additional a in one pic caption. Ah, well...

The Nereus is a very lovely and stylish yacht! :) The exterior design and the outdoors deck areas are very nice! Very nice deck areas for Sims to sit and rest on the sofa seating or loungers enjoying the sea air and sunshine . They will enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice outdoors dining area for cooking on the grill and enjoying the ocean views whilst eating a meal. Very nice furnishing and design of each of the interior room areas! The chess and home cinema room is very nice for Sims to have fun playing chess or enjoy sitting watching movies on the tv screen. The kitchen galley and the dining room are great ship themed rooms! The ship is a nice touch on the back of the dining booth seat. The furnishing and layout of the Captain and crew’s bedrooms is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seating in the library reading a book.
    It is a very nice yacht! :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

The Nereus is simply AMAZING! You made an oustanding work on it, @MorriSan !
    Very nicely decorated and so very well detailed. I love it <3
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    As commented on the other thread, a spectacular yacht! <3<3<3
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Yes, fantastic yacht! I'll look for it on the gallery whenever I get IL (which will be when I find it half-off)! :love:
    edited July 2019
    Thank you all for your encouragement!

Here's another build. Not my favorite at all even though I'm happy with the build itself. Note to self: no competitions with slide shows, there's a reason why graphics/webimage requirement at college gave me an ulcer, literally. I nearly trashed my poor innocent laptop this time. No fault of the nice BnS organisers, don't get me wrong ^^ Just...not for me. I always feel like a big superhero for wrangling first photoshop and then tinypics

Here's the lot and the presentation (before I gave up in tears) so my labor hasn't beenl for nothing: Summer Camp for up to eight kids. Let's blame the bad spelling on Frederica's age, yes?

(There are tons of more pics in my folder, I chose those who are most entertainign since this post here is not about touring the lot virtually)

I built it for Granite Falls, National Forrest Lot.

Dear Mom,

Uncle Derek has delivered me to Hell. Ok, bad joke, it isn't horrible here like I thought it would be, it's quite nice in fact but some of the other kids... are total snots!
    I promised to take lots of pics and send them to you in the evenings, and I keep my promises! Especially if there's a kitten as a reward. Just to remind you!

I took this fresh out of the car:
    2lc9uky.jpg

Mr. Kalakaua (which sounds more like Hawaii than Rocky Mountains but whatever) 'call me Mr.K!' is quite nice, he made me sign the guestbook!
    a23k28.jpg

I'm bunking with his little sis in the Fall Cottage. There are four of them (duh), two kids per tiny house. And it is like a real house! With two levels even.

I bought a postcard to show you. Good thing my new cell has a good camera, eh? There are four different postcards, each with a different cottage in the center and I chose mine, of course. The Spring is up on the cliff and only for campers who are experienced and here for at least a second time!

2vtqern.jpg

That's my bed!
    34ov7lg.jpg

And this is upstairs and the view from my balcony. The bathroom is tiny. The toilet is tinier.
    168ycgj.jpg
    68e9nb.jpg

It's very hot today so we didn't spend much time inside and waste the sunshine.
    2dgnytd.jpg

And Piri dunked me! The water is funky, really green and I spat it all out. Told you she's a snot! And then, when we explored the herb garden she pushed me into the ones with the red leaves and it burned and itched! Mr K gave me some salve thougha nd Piri is really sorry.

2w4mqz5.jpg
    and here's a pic from outside, you can see the stairs up to the herb garden. The first aid room is just around the corner to the left.

30kyfiq.jpg

I snatched one of the Camp Folders, it's pretty! Here's the first two pages. I looked at them while I waited for the salve to work. We'll learn how to brew our own. But without a mean Potions teacher breathing down our necks.

2uyt061.jpg
    291jel4.jpg

Then it started to rain!

We wanted to grill some sausages... and Mr. K was playing his guitar.

rm5x55.jpg

Good thing that there's a mess hall. I have to say though that Mr. K isn't as good at cooking as you! Or he's more used to grilling, everything he made was a little charred.

a5ahlf.jpg

Before bedtime we spent some time telling stories. Piri is quite good at doing voices and knows the best stories.

2yxrwna.jpg

Tomorrow we'll get up at six because fishes bite better in the morning. If we catch a big enough fish we'll learn how to grill them, that's exciting!

Till tomorrow!

Yours,
    Frederica
    Camp Molehill is a very nice Summer camp! :) Very have design , layout and furnishing of the camp areas! It is nice that there is a cottage for each season of the year. It is great that you described the features and areas through a letter that the child wrote back to their family at home, as well as using postcards. The colourful dining chairs in the dining area are very nice!
    It is a detailed and very nice Summer camp build :)
    edited July 2019
    Thank you @rosemow, your comments are always uplifting!

My first 'Off The Grid' Home.

Tabira's Folly

Ah, the simple life! Or as simple as it gets in the shadow of an active volcano - and without electricity and running water. The strawcover only looks a tiny bit unstable, but someone should get rid off the kuzdu, maybe? But the last owner told me that it matters little, the volcano doesn't care if there are holes in the roof or not.

Built on/for the 'Abandoned Observatory Lot' on Sulani
    #playtested, #NoCC, #MOOused, #islandliving.

All the appliances are fully upgraded, the garden is well tended and full of veggies, herbs and fruit (no flowers). There are some collectibles, mainly the skull collection and a few shells, nothing else.

Link: Tabira's Folly

xbah6o.jpg
    dvjbk4.jpg
    68wyug.jpg
    98eznq.jpg
    24oakw9.jpg
    jv6gja.jpg
    f4in3a.jpg
    mlh2qo.jpg
    edited July 2019
    Tabira’s Folly is a very nice off the grid home! :) The exterior design, wooden texture of the walls, and the outdoors patio are very nice! Very nice outdoors areas with the plants, trees, and the harvestable garden section.Very nice living room area for Sims to enjoy sitting there reading a book in the outdoors air. The candles bowl on the coffee table is nice. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen and bedroom areas. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the art nook area, in the natural setting,
    It is a great off the grid home for Sulani! :)
    My newest. My relax lot: small, uncomplicated and charmingly rustic.

54yYYfs.jpg
    Railway home is a lovely home! :) The colours and texture of the exterior are very nice, homely and warm! Great outdoors laundry area.