Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long are your loading screens?

For instance, how long does it take to load from the map view into your main family in your main save file?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

How long are your loading screens? 182 votes

Under 5 seconds
10%
CrazyboutTheSimsstoryyWritin_RegUmbralFlowershanls96robyngravesBanjoraemluckysunshineSimplyJenHimRumiduhboy2u2digger28rambahadoerTLM08midnitetechPotterheadSimRedShoe7JPsimmerNindigoAlexciel 20 votes
5-10 seconds
27%
bshag4lvGoldmoldarKita5399Icewolfmcruddthib763loubyloulouMindofyzagboorulesakaniki0kiara07LustianiciaJennyggChelleJoyuppLadyKynParmaViolet87anosesadele_katFortescue 50 votes
10-15 seconds
15%
Akl500PIceyJaelias24PlayerSinger2010Mizz_Triceysimgirl1010alanmichael1suzanna13KatelynRocksspice3LoriTSpSelinaKylesMissmagoo2KathykinsjooxisFlyingPotato659StutumDoodlyDoofusLiELFMDianaSims 28 votes
15-20 seconds
13%
auroraael14Bluefairy286EIisabettaMeteoraStormPaigeisin5SxcDannii202fallenxjewelSimplyToriFinvolaCAITLINX354AnnLee87annaliese39MaggieMarleySummerStreakSims4MagicalTalesmusteniSimtown15TomatplanteRae357Madachan88 25 votes
20-30 seconds
10%
Frn0731icmnfrshMontrase102mock68saraemily112MilutinMujovicMarvinKoshDillynJamesJultan3SindocatAngelEb95FurSimsOfficialbirdonawirezefronWildIrishBansheeMaddieplaysgamesAngeliqueAdelaidecrowbarx5Jugaari 19 votes
30-45 seconds
6%
MartinvsekojranapapertonguekittymeowDoloresGreyadduapinaDeKayMasonGamerGrumpyGlowfishTodiloopetewentos 11 votes
45-60 seconds
3%
JestTruauginstineaobHopeyStarrDianesimsTomasGrizzlyKen621 7 votes
60-90 seconds
4%
simm621FroilLissyK9TechbiltTheRedLionMoonSimBishybriDaephene 8 votes
90-120 seconds
3%
SimpkinshnailehMagicalZiaddd994RavenSpitSimAlexandrianetney52 7 votes
Over 120 seconds
3%
phantasmkissCheiriPixieSekrilcatmando830belpitathenightcourtsimsplayer86 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    It depends really. I’d say 15-45 seconds but that’s not an option.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    5-10 seconds
    They generally aren't very long... which is a good thing... especially since I originally feared that they would keep getting longer and longer as we got more DLC in the game.

Honestly, I've gotten used to them at this point... as great as open world would be, it doesn't really matter that much to me anymore. I mean, the loading screen time generally takes as long as (if not shorter than) the time it would usually take to travel from place to place in Sims 3 anyway. With the exception of going next door or across the street, of course... I still wish they would at least open up the individual neighborhoods. I think that could be a nice compromise.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    5-10 seconds
    From clicking on the Play button to being able to play as my household it was juuuuust under 10 seconds of loading screen.
    In case it matters, this was a Single-Sim Household loading in during sleeptime-ultraspeed in a small apartment in San Myshuno.
    No CC/Mods either, if that also matters.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    5-10 seconds
    I'm on ultra and game is on my hdd, house is at Torendi Tower with full household with lots of mods, idk why my load is so fast.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2019
    90-120 seconds
    Seconds? They are about a minute or 3
    with my new computer but the one I was playing with until last week they were about 20 minutes LOL. Every time I switch location our load a new screen, 3 to get into my main safe, I would do a chore like the laundry or have a workout
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    10-15 seconds
    Had a save that loaded fast 10 seconds but to load the household took 10-15 MINUTES. Had to save it and move to a new save file, guess having a large amount of sims in the relationship tab isn’t good
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    10-15 seconds
    It really depends on the time of day (my internet is worse after sundown, don't know how that works), but most of the time it's pretty smooth.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    30-45 seconds
    It depends. If I'm listening to music/using internet on the background the loading takes longer, sometimes like closer to 90sec but the average is like 45 I think. Didn't test though, so this is just a (educated) guess.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2019
    5-10 seconds
    I've been using cloud based gaming, NVIDIA GE Force NOW, so all my games are running smoother even Raft which was having lag issues. I have yet to test it with streaming. I run it on ultra. I remember my old laptop could only run the base game on the lowest setting, but the custom built gaming computer runs it quite well.

I have all the packs and use both mods and DLC and my screenshot folder is plenty full and a bit of a mess.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    15-20 seconds
    On my old laptop (which did have the required specs) each loading screen was at least 10 mins long. At worst they could take 20 mins. I just assumed that was normal but I recently got a gaming laptop and was stunned at how fast the load times are. Just timed it at 18 seconds with all the packs and on ultra.

ETA: Wow now I’m looking and it seems my loading screens are on the longer side. What on earth are you 10-15, 5-10 and under 5 people playing on?. Also, are you timing in your head or with a stopwatch? I’m using an Asus Republic of Gaming Scar II which was hella expensive. Feeling kind of ripped off now :( then again, although I get 18 seconds with a stopwatch I get 5-10 seconds when I count in my head so maybe people are timing slightly inaccurately in their head?

Could people with fast loading screens please answer my thread here?
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    5-10 seconds
    5-10 seconds, closer to 10.
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Under 5 seconds
    Whait! I'm the only one ? :/
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Under 5 seconds
    > @Alexciel said:
    > Whait! I'm the only one ? :/

I'm sorry for that "h" (And the double posting), but I'm not allowed to edit my comments
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Under 5 seconds
    Maybe it depends on the amount of custom content? I hardly have any. My computer is brand new too
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Under 5 seconds
    The more CC and mods you add, the more you have saved to your library, and if you play with online access (see Cache folder) - all of this, and also if you have a less powerful computer, impact loading times.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2019
    5-10 seconds
    I bought a new expensive gaming laptop a year ago. My loading screens are short. Even with the old laptop ( that wasn’t a gaming laptop) they weren’t all that long either, but with all the packs up till before City living, and with the addition of toddlers my game became pretty much unplayable from lag. I knew it was time for a new gaming laptop. I don’t use mods or cc. I have saved a lot to my library though, and I have all the packs out so far. My laptop is an asus gaming comp ( 1 yr. old... it is a hybrid with a fairly good cooling system and a 1070 graphics card, it’s good graphics..... I don’t know that much about computers and laptops, but I know I got a pretty good one.)
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    30-45 seconds
    Hard to say, I never stopped the time, but... too long, anyway. Not in new saves, where it's usually just a matter of seconds, but in my two-year-old main save, which has 40 families and roughly 140 active sims, I do sit there and watch the loading screen for quite a while.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    20-30 seconds
    Used to be shorter, but have lately become longer.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited July 2019
    5-10 seconds
    ETA: Wow now I’m looking and it seems my loading screens are on the longer side. What on earth are you 10-15, 5-10 and under 5 people playing on? I’m using an Asus Republic of Gaming Scar II which was hella expensive. Feeling kind of ripped off now :(

I've read somewhere, I think it was on the loading screen tips, that it's all about the house. If it's bigger and with a lot of objects it takes longer to load. I play on an old mid-range computer and my loading time must be just under 10 seconds, but my houses are pretty clean so I think that checks out. A good way to measure your loading time is by loading one of the premade houses, you can try that and see if it gets any better, just so you know for sure.

Edit: also as @Nindigo pointed out mods, cache and your library can affect loading times, as some other factors. The time you have been playing the save also makes a big difference, new saves load so much faster.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Under 5 seconds
    I happen to use a gaming laptop that I update quite often, I do own other games and play them too. Even with mods/CC and high/medium settings plus re-shade, it runs like a miracle thankfully.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    15-20 seconds
    @Livinity hmm it was Vlad’s mansion that was giving me 18 seconds. When I started a new save and loaded Crick Cabana the loading time took only 5 seconds so I guess it does depend on which house you’re playing.

I also wonder how other people have been timing their loading screens. I’ve been using a stop watch and that gave me a time of 18 seconds for Vlad’s house (but 5 on Crick Cabana). But if I count in my head (one potato, two potato etc) I can easily make it seem like it takes only 5 seconds to load Vlad’s house.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    90-120 seconds
    Oh I have about 10 gigs of CC/mods. It takes a while. Without it... sometimes I take out my stuff for the obvious problem reasons and I feel like something is wrong with my game cause it loads "too fast" :D So it's very different.

With CC I'd say it's about a minute.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    10-15 seconds
    Haven't exactly timed it, but this sounds about right. It varies though.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    10-15 seconds
    On my old laptop they were at least two minutes, but my new is much more powerful. Mods can slow down loading sometimes but CC doesn't really seem to have an effect.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    15-20 seconds
    I get a little bit over 15 seonds most of the time. I've been playing this same save since the beginning and it has many households.