Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 "Loyalty" rewards

2...Next

Comments

• QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    It's a bit of a paradox. A sale, by nature, has no relation to someone who is not a costumer (currently).

I think your argument may carry some faulty logic of the sales being for *us* and not for EA. If I buy every tshirt from a store and they have a sale later and I said, "I already own all of your shirts and for this reason, you should design new shirts and give them to me for free," the store would respond, "we're just trying to sell merchandise, why would we create more to give away?"

I don't think your idea is necessarily a bad one. Maybe not *only* for owning literally every pack but some kind of system of complimentary content based on your current owned packs. Like everyone who owns Cats and Dogs gets a cool new dog bed and bowl this month. Like follow-up content.

But that just isn't the business model we're participating in. EA makes sales because it successfully moves merch.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Only "Loyalty" reward I'd like to see, is that everyone who has purchased The Sims 4 and a couple of EP/GP's get a discount on The Sims 5 and EPs' to that if it isn't very fleshed out from the start.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Boooooy, if only... Hahaha. This was me when they announced they're giving the base game for free the other time. LOL.

tenor.gif?itemid=11998134

You and me both!
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I see where you are coming from, Brinadanielle. I don't own all the packs and I don't purchase (usually) on release day so I don't think I'd ever earn one, but I would not feel excluded if they did offer some reward for those who did. A little reward, not a big one, lol. Like a chair or hair or even the small discount would be fine.

I don't see it as excluding those who don't but rewarding those who do. But everyone has a different mindset on these things, so it might not be the best idea.

Right! many organizations have some sort of loyal customer "thing" ...I wouldn't feel excluded either...some people don't buy packs because they don't want the content...so they most likely wouldn't care either.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Boooooy, if only... Hahaha. This was me when they announced they're giving the base game for free the other time. LOL.

tenor.gif?itemid=11998134

Right ! I was like daaanggg...what about fans that literally spend tons of coins on y'all...it would be nice to get something...
    Your argument in a nutshell is you bought all of their DLC and you feel that entitles you to more than someone who did not. Not sure if I can get behind that.

With Sims 4 you would get a mood lamp for every Sims 3 EP you had registered. A statue if you had them all. I could get behind something like that for Sims 5 but for the current game it wouldn’t make much sense. With how spaced out packs are those who already own it all would just get additional content with the purchase of new DLC. That’s a penalty for everyone who doesn’t own it all

There's a lot of comments so you probably didn't read them all, but no...I don't feel entitled. I work hard and save to buy things I want. I am responsible with my money and apart of the working class. There's always a deal months after I buy content...it would be nice to have some sort of deal for being a loyal customer...it's not a far fetched idea. many companies do it. my thoughts are more along the lines of maybe getting a discount as opposed to getting content that only a select few can play with. We also arrived to the idea that loyalty points could be earned regardless of when you buy the packs and the quantity you own.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    This is kinda like expecting a discount because you payed for the game and not just got it when it was free.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    I do not know about loyalty rewards per se but I always thought it will be nice if we could get some free goodies if we pre-ordered a pack or something.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • finnthesimmerfinnthesimmer Posts: 34 Member
    Nah, I don't think they should. It'd be cool if they added more content to specific packs every once in a while, as that would be a reward in itself for having that pack and they would be relevant things to each pack, and would still be purchasable to people when they buy the pack later on. Otherwise though, it's just a recipe for a bunch of angry simmers lol.
    Nah, I don't think they should. It'd be cool if they added more content to specific packs every once in a while, as that would be a reward in itself for having that pack and they would be relevant things to each pack, and would still be purchasable to people when they buy the pack later on. Otherwise though, it's just a recipe for a bunch of angry simmers lol.

I dig it...I think what I am also wanting is some more connectivity between the packs if that makes sense.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'd be happy if they patched in extra stuff for packs, and link them together a bit more. Some things like club activities and traditions could be updated with things from other packs for example. Patching in more stuff that you need packs for would be great, as currently it seems like once it's done only fixes ever come out and all new patch content has to be base game. I do love some base game content, but it would be good to patch in other stuff. One example would be that there is no singing career, the skill for it is in city living and it would be good for it to involve some of the fame side of it from get famous. So it would be dependent on having at least city living and be really enhanced by get famous. Even as a rabbit hole career, it would be great for a patch. But they will never do it as patches always seem to be base game only. That's the kind of stuff that would make me happy and feel like they care about long term/older simmers and not just selling more to new players.