Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing a few social actions on two particular sims?

65949922_331945601063032_966084083564150784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlQUuaq1ULQBlW7ZdQHB3LVJp8OuYwJ47vuNgn86V_m0cYx25Tdd3GuG8wMldW1FT0&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=3ce7f9d1fb823375e3f0472314815e1d&oe=5DC70C4B
On these two sims I am missing "Get to know" and "Chat" They are romantic interests, and their relationship is high, but they don't know all of each other's traits.

When I click on friendly, and scroll through all the optiones neither chat nor get to know come up.
However if I click on other sims using either of these two sims they get the option to chat.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Some of this will be trait related. But if you start a conversation between the two so that Sim A thinks Sim B is okay, being sociable, etc. do the missing interactions show up further along the chain? If they happen to be annoyed at or indifferent towards each other short-term, I don't think either of those will show up for a while.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    Some of this will be trait related. But if you start a conversation between the two so that Sim A thinks Sim B is okay, being sociable, etc. do the missing interactions show up further along the chain? If they happen to be annoyed at or indifferent towards each other short-term, I don't think either of those will show up for a while.

I don't think they were every annoyed with each other, unless they were when I weren't looking.But I cycled through all of the actions.
    All I get is things like gossip, hug, etc.

His Traits: Brave, Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, Great Kisser, fear of technology(can't remember what its called)
    Her Traits: Friendly, Night owl, Loves the heat, Loves the outdoor and angler.
    I thought maybe it would be under "special ---friendly" but it wasn't there either.

I had a small conversation for them for a little while, but they never showed up.And the only options I get are gossip, hug, shaka bra, things like that.So there isn't much to do to create a conversation.

It's only missing on these two sims together, them with everyone else is fine.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    Strange, especially since they both have the Friendly trait. But they should at least be able to chat about the weather, Enthuse About the Great Outdoors and fishing, staying up late, etc. if they at least know those traits about each other and then there's Ask About Day. Can't do those either? Does either sim have any Charisma skill, that might help if not.

Do you have Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod in play? That one has a friendly chat function that lets sims string their own conversations along until it's canceled, letting them choose what they would like to talk about.

Am starting to suspect interference from another mod, though I wouldn't know which one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited July 2019
    So just for kicks and giggles, I placed down a new copy of the sims.And the new sims had the chat option! However as soon as they became friends the chat option disappeared.

I have all of NRAAS mods, including the one that can't be mentioned, Shimrod's townies out on the town, Shimrod's Pee here always enabled(for pets) mods, Shimrod's Visiablity attraction disabler, ani's no shop from fridge mod, ani's woodcutter mod.The rest are poses, clothing and hair, and recipes.

They can do all of that."Enthuase about outdoors" "Ask about day." "Ask if sim slept well" But "chat" disappears when they become friends?

And Still just effects them.
    They became friends with other sims and still have the chat option.
    No, neither have charismatic trait and I don't have that mod installed.I will go look that up.

guess its not real game breaking, just more annoying than anything.
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    It could be that you have a mod conflict or too many mods somewhere
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @GraceyManor - Hi. I'm playing just the base game at a much lower patch level, with a basic mod set-up (NRaas MC, Overwatch & Error Trap). The 'chat' option as well as others does disappear from the selection menu from time to time. In my game, I am noticing the disappeared 'choices' all somehow ties into the Sims relationship with whom they are speaking and the current or ongoing events.

This isn't to say it is necessarily a 'bad' thing. The option will eventually return. When it does disappear, I take it to mean there are times when even the Sims don't have anything they want to talk about. Or, they just don't 'feel' like chatting. That's when I promptly let them 'talk' autonomously or do whatever they may want to do.

Just so you know, 'Chat' isn't the only social command which 'may' disappear from time to time, there are plenty others. Here's a funny story which happened in game concerning an absent social choice.

My Sim Ricky couldn't stand his mother-in-law to be. He didn't want anything to do with her. Well, the night before his wedding, I had Ricky gather every one together using the 'Ask to group up' option so I could send them all out to dinner. Ricky asked every one to 'Group Up' with no issue. However, when I sent him to invite his soon-to-be mother-in law. The option was completely removed from the clickable choices. :D!
    They managed to come back after the officially became a couple 😝