Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FPM Continue Support + Tweaks

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
I made a comment about the FPS in other fansite how it would be great If FPS isn't 'finished' in development just when realized because to be frank - it needs graphical improvement so the pov isn't left with things being clipped when too close in sims face. Also, the character/sim that FPS is played from should properly have their bodies be rendered when the camera is zoomed/shifted/positioned to close.

Also, woohoo could use a short blackout of "Do not disturb! *red sign*" black screen right when sims get on because the charm and novelty wears off when sims are hindered visible in lackluster animation which isn't funny nor fun to look at.

Though, I would like other thoughts of how FPS could be improved, and how they feel about the current addition. It would be cool even If that one developer who created it with passion didn't end the feature's support, because it would then just be all for nothing half-made mechanic.
NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by DragonCat159 on

Comments

• DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    From so far of what I've seen of it, it seems alright. kinda neat.

It's really just a neat feature to use if you're curious about how things look from the sim's perspective, so I don't think they'd be willing to edit animations and such to avoid clipping. Normally, you don't look at sims that close, so small things won't look right. As for the woohoo, I find it kinda funny. It's not like they do anything-- they just get pushed down into the mattress while the blanket moves around. I find that more amusing that a black screen.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited December 2018
    DBClayton wrote: »
    I would have put neutral except that the application of it is so unsteady and unstabilized, and has so many clipping errors that it feels like an early version of a homebrew mod.
    This COULD be a great feature, if it allowed for WASD movement, eliminated the bobbing and clipping, and found solutions for hidden animations like Woohoo (other than exiting the first person mode altogether). The SimGurus said this was a team member's pet project and it feels like it-- an unfinished feature that could be great if it was properly polished and presented. But it's not.
    It's great that Maxis lets its developers work on pet projects, but it's disappointing that the gripes the community have are overlooked in favor of half-baked features.
    Posting it here as my thoughts are well worded in this message. Thanks DBClayton. Couldn't have said it better.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Suggestion, could you change the intials for First Person to FPM? First Person Mode? Because when I see FPS, it makes me think this thread is about frames per second. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Suggestion, could you change the intials for First Person to FPM? First Person Mode? Because when I see FPS, it makes me think this thread is about frames per second. :)
    Done.
    NNpYlHF.jpg