Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Medieval-themed expansion?

As the title says...

I would love a medieval-themed expansion. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would you like a Medieval-themed expansion? 73 votes

Yes
91%
GalacticGalLaBlue0314IceyJJCStormy1Colorist40MjstsmPmcruddBloosmooStrangerthanMariefoxprice83cchant86JestTruNivyxloubylouloualanmichael1MindofyAngelluluLizzychicagoChanty25mlmeadows 67 votes
Yes
8%
mock68duhboy2u2FroilSindocatCupidAnnaR 6 votes

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes
    not particularly o:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO NO NO NO - what kind of a poll only gives you one option
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    A definite No! :D
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    No. Just one expansion pack wouldn’t be enough to do the setting justice.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes
    It was a tough choice between yes and yes, but I went with yes because ultimately, I knew "yes" would be my answer.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,964 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I would actually love to see one.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    With the way TS4 expansions have gone so far, we’d get another tiny world with 4-6 active lots - at most.

That’s not good enough to sustain an entirely medieval save.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    With the way TS4 expansions have gone so far, we’d get another tiny world with 4-6 active lots - at most.

That’s not good enough to sustain an entirely medieval save.

And a whole bunch of annoying medieval dressed townies ruining the look and feel of every other world. Please no.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No. We already got a whole game for that, why do we need an expansion pack? And I agree with @Sharonia on this one, the townies in other worlds would be so out of place!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes
    It would be cool. Hope we get the pit monster too ;)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    How about an updated Sims Medieval?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Annoying that there is no “no” option.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Yes
    Yes, especially since they have proven with IL that they can keep sims from other worlds out of a certain area. I would even more love an Ancient Greece pack with temples, gods and mythical heros.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    LOL! I'd just opt to play Sims Medieval!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No, I think Sims Medieval is fine as it is, but thanks for bringing it up, I'm definitely gonna play that again now. :smiley:
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    No. The game needs basic things at first and then I can give up space and time for alternative things.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Yes
    You're missing a third option

*yes
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    Oh yeah! Totally! It woudl be awesome to have a medieval themed EP. Especially Central Europe medieval themed!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Yes
    Yes even if Justine is in it.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No. If I wanted to play medieval stuff, I just go to Minecraft.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    Yes-ish?

"Medieval" is a general term, and covers a period of approximately a thousand years of European history. Further, it was a term applied retrospectively, alongside it's synonymous term, "the Middle Ages", after it had passed and could be seen as a self contained era. Further still, it requires an era of Classical high culture to have pre-existed it, and something - in actual history, the Renaissance - to come after.

The Sims Medieval was a favorite game of mine, but it had some issues, from an historical point of view. The Middle Ages lasted for more years than we have seen since, and cultures changed drastically over that time. The Middle Ages of Charlemagne were not the Middle Ages of Joan of Arc, nor those of Henry VIII. TSM just heaped elements from all of these periods atop each other, in a way that I had to work hard not to notice, in order to appreciate the game.

Another concern is that it is difficult to meaningfully portray Medieval society without discussing religion, which TSM managed by introducing the Peteran and Jacoban faiths of the Watcher, which kind of fit the bill, but not really, else we'd have seen things like the Jacobans leading a crusade to stomp out Peteran heresy (look up the Albigensian Crusade to see what I am talking about) - and that's between different sects of what is ostensibly the same religion.

So, unless you just mean a generally Castles and Knights and Damsels and Stuff themed pack, Medieval society and history is kind of problematic. And 99% of folks probably wouldn't even notice the sorts of anachronisms that bug me, but I would.

TL:DR - Sure, if they did it right, but it's hard to do right.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Yes
    Your poll is skewed, you know. While I would enjoy a Medieval EP, it would have to include jobs for the time frame, that we can 'go to work' with our Sims. I would greatly prefer an 18th century pack, myself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes, especially since they have proven with IL that they can keep sims from other worlds out of a certain area. I would even more love an Ancient Greece pack with temples, gods and mythical heros.

Yeah, but they've also proven to us that even when they say certain things will only be restricted to one world (Strangerville), it will contaminate the other worlds anyway... because, you know, "weirder stories"... it's been months since that game pack has been released and they still haven't fixed the bug where Sims from Strangerville walk around creepily in other worlds too.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    Yes
    Yeah! Maybe a town that accidentally time travelled from medieval Europe to present day America.
    Or they could do a futuristic pack and have reverse Oasis landing.

Also:
    Susan Wainwright > Justine Keaton
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I don't like biased polls....