Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 "Loyalty" rewards

It's cool that there are so many great deals for simmers. Most of which only useful to those buying the content late. I buy every single pack and every single expansion the day it's available. I know I'm not the only simmer with every single pack. Can we have content offered to people with all of the packs? So, we may not benefit from a 40% of sale months after the release of a pack but we get cool stuff...etc. A type of "loyalty" program would also be an incentive to have every pack for those who may not usually care to have all of the content...something akin to that would be cool

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    you'll probably get exclusive items when sims 5 rolls around like how if you had packs in sims 3 you'd get lamps in sims 4
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    I do not think this is a good idea. It is not really a choice to buy early or later for many and it would divide people into wrong categories.
    The perks of buying the pack immediately is that you can play also immediately. Something that simmers who buy packs from sales can not experience.

I do agree that the devs should appreciate loyal simmers a lot more. And I am not talking about those who have the ability to buy packs right away.
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2019
    @FurSimsOfficial the point is not to divide. It wouldn't be based on if you bought the pack at sale price or later than the release date...but based on if you have ALL the packs or not...like if you have ALL of the current packs you get a particular reward...so there's no actual divide of economic status. You're a member of the "loyalty club" you get the loyalty rewards if you have ALL the packs...regardless of when you bought them. Some rewards can be timed...some rewards can be available whenever you "join" ...or if you have ALL the current packs when a new pack comes out maybe we can get a sale price on the upcoming pack.
    edited July 2019
    Not having the money to buy the packs is not everyone's situation. For me personally...I work, save, and budget so that I can buy the packs when they come out...it would be nice to have some sort of perk for being a loyal patron...regardless of economic status. I'm saving for university, generations, and that magic pack at this moment.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    No thanks. Coming from the perspective of someone who does own pretty much everything, I'd much rather they direct their efforts into making permanent, quality content for everyone rather than limited content for myself and a few others.

As for purchases, the incentive of buying things right away is just that - you get to play it right away. The people who wait for sales have to.. well.. wait.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I like the idea. 10% off if you purchased the previous release.
    Cupid wrote: »
    No thanks. Coming from the perspective of someone who does own pretty much everything, I'd much rather they direct their efforts into making permanent, quality content for everyone rather than limited content for myself and a few others.

I see where you're coming from and in my mind...a reward is not necessarily content that only I can play with but more like...a 10% discount on the upcoming pack.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I do agree. Those of us who buy the packs day of release don't often get many incentives. It's a bit of a bummer, but I choose to buy day of release vs waiting until later when I can get the pack on discount. I do hope, when Sims 5 comes out, we get some kind of reward for each EP and GP, much like the lamps in Sims 4, and I really do wish the went back to giving rewards for preordering, even if it was a simple hairstyle or t-shirt in-game.

That's probably what bums me most. There really isn't a large incentive to preorder other than the fact that I am incredibly impatient. But, again, that's a choice I make. I could learn to be a bit more patient and wait for a sale. I just don't. So I can't complain about something I choose to do. At least, that's my take on it.
    p8L4V6v.png
    I like the idea. 10% off if you purchased the previous release.

Right! exactly what I'm saying...something like that...your thought is more inclusive but it's a long the lines of what I mean.
    @ChelleJo I agree...I always try to wait on release day but before the day is over I give in and by the pack. Sims is my crack :D . I am not complaining though...I don't have to buy it. I am just saying it would be nice...if there was a benefit
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    This sounds like a good idea! I'm picturing it like this:

Maxis creates a membership program so that with every pack/game you buy you earn one point for every five dollars or something similar, and you can use the points to get free items! Kind of like with hotels and airlines.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited July 2019
    @nerdfashion ...I like that idea too...so you'd get points regardless of when you buy the packs and how many you buy. It's inclusive. I love inclusive. My thought was never to exclude.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial the point is not to divide. It wouldn't be based on if you bought the pack at sale price or later than the release date...but based on if you have ALL the packs or not...like if you have ALL of the current packs you get a particular reward...so there's no actual divide of economic status. You're a member of the "loyalty club" you get the loyalty rewards if you have ALL the packs...regardless of when you bought them. Some rewards can be timed...some rewards can be available whenever you "join" ...or if you have ALL the current packs when a new pack comes out maybe we can get a sale price on the upcoming pack.

If they had a system like that, I'd quit sims entirely. I do not want to be pressured into packs that I don't want to buy, and giving financial rewards and game rewards would definitely be that kind of pressure.

I will not buy MFP, for instance. But under this idea, if I wanted to get better prices on new packs, I'd have to. No thanks.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Here for it
    edited July 2019
    @Felicity not necessarily pressure ...just like a, "gee thanks for that thing you did...wow you're a super fan" kinda like you're more likely to by dinner for your friend that's more of a friend than your least friendliest friend. you're not trying to pressure anyone into being an awesome friend so you'd buy them a happy meal...but you'd let your always present friends know they're appreciated.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I see where you are coming from, Brinadanielle. I don't own all the packs and I don't purchase (usually) on release day so I don't think I'd ever earn one, but I would not feel excluded if they did offer some reward for those who did. A little reward, not a big one, lol. Like a chair or hair or even the small discount would be fine.

I don't see it as excluding those who don't but rewarding those who do. But everyone has a different mindset on these things, so it might not be the best idea.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

Hm I re-read the OP's thread again and yes, you are right. She was mostly talking about those who own all the packs.
    It still is an economic class issue though, cause packs cost money and not everyone can afford, but it is not much disturbing as I thought in the first place ;)

As said before, I would like EA to pay attention to it's loyal simmers and listen more to them then trying to appeal the new crowd as their first priority. But that's more about how long and intense people have played The Sims in general.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Boooooy, if only... Hahaha. This was me when they announced they're giving the base game for free the other time. LOL.

tenor.gif?itemid=11998134
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    I never buy it online anyway.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Felicity not necessarily pressure ...just like a, "gee thanks for that thing you did...wow you're a super fan" kinda like you're more likely to by dinner for your friend that's more of a friend than your least friendliest friend. you're not trying to pressure anyone into being an awesome friend so you'd buy them a happy meal...but you'd let your always present friends know they're appreciated.

That's pressure, though. Maxis/EA are not my friends so that's really not a good comparison. If the idea is I get rewarded for buying things I don't want, I'm really getting penalized for not buying things I think are blatant ripoffs.

What I think would be a much better idea is for them to bring the pre-order bonuses back. That would reward people who like to have their games immediately, and may get people like me to preorder. I was not crazy about pre-order bonuses back when they had them, but it certainly wouldn't make me feel I have to buy packs like mfp in order to get additional content.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Your argument in a nutshell is you bought all of their DLC and you feel that entitles you to more than someone who did not. Not sure if I can get behind that.

With Sims 4 you would get a mood lamp for every Sims 3 EP you had registered. A statue if you had them all. I could get behind something like that for Sims 5 but for the current game it wouldn’t make much sense. With how spaced out packs are those who already own it all would just get additional content with the purchase of new DLC. That’s a penalty for everyone who doesn’t own it all
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2019
    No.

Players should not feel pressured into buying packs that they do not want to get benefits on future purchases.

Someone may not be able to buy Seasons or Pets because their computer can't handle it and they don't have the money right now to upgrade or get a new computer anywhere in the near foreseeable future because of things like rent, food, etc. Should they be penalized by having more expensive costs for future packs just for having their priorities in the right order?

Someone may not like occults and therefore chosen to not get the Vampires pack to avoid the vampires. They gritted their teeth with Get to Work and Island Living with the occults in them due to the fact that they wanted what else was in the pack more than they didn't want occults. But the Vampire pack didn't offer enough to offset their dislike of occults. Should they be penalized with higher prices for future packs just because of their preferences?

And there are some of us who voted with our wallet with the My First Pet stuff pack that required the Pets EP because the pack simply looked like it was cut out of the EP with the sole intent of being sold separately as it was mostly just recolors. Should we be penalized with higher prices on future packs simply for telling EA what we think about that practice in the only way they'd listen?

Edit to add: Little things like the lamps you got for owning various Sims 3 packs and such even in the current game for players who own everything I'm fine with. Items that give minimal benefit if owned. Especially if it's done like the lamps where there's a specific little item for each pack.
  • Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    I think that would be a great idea. We should get some type of percentage off or $5 or $10 off different packs.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    No, I don't think it should be discounted based on number of packs. It alienates anyone who can't afford to do that. Loyalty isn't about pack number, I think, but maybe how long you've been part of the franchise and if you're willing to buy the next iteration, even if you only buy base game. I really dislike systems that reward those who are able to spend more money. Very few actually benefit this way except the company.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I do not think this is a good idea. It is not really a choice to buy early or later for many and it would divide people into wrong categories.
    The perks of buying the pack immediately is that you can play also immediately. Something that simmers who buy packs from sales can not experience.

I do agree that the devs should appreciate loyal simmers a lot more. And I am not talking about those who have the ability to buy packs right away.

EA/Maxis used to do this all the time, or shops did for them, with freebies or online extras if you made a pre-order. I got a collection tin for all the CDs made or to be made in future for Unleashed (Sims2). Didn't we get several mood lamps for Sims 4 when it came out? Nothing since.

It would be nice too. Not all of us are wealthy, it's just that we buy them as they come out and probably budget for them.

I've just had a message from VirginMedia that my subscription is increasing £4 a month from September and think it will be cheaper to get my roof arial restored (a storm casualty) and go back to Freeview costing nothing.

Loyalty? What you have to do these days is phone up and say you are going over to a competitor and might get a handback but with Sims? What competitor? :'(