Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk facial. Facial hair that is!

More precisely, the lack of it!

Every time I make a male sim I can't help but notice how few facial hair options there is. Even more so since they can't be layered. Want that mustache and a beard? No can do!
Wouldn't it make sense then to give us more options? I'd think so. Yet we rarely get any new ones and when we do it's only just one new one.
To put some fact on it. Among the game and stuff packs, only Parenthood gives us new facial hair. A whooping 2 more! Which are both wispy teenage ones. And from the expansion packs, it is Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living and Get Together that gives us new facial hair, and all of them only add 1new each.
That's ridiculous! Where is all the facial hair? Why are we getting so few? Add some more please :/ We don't even have a standard short full beard.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I agree, completely. Males already are given so little content and hair, let them have more facial hair assets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited July 2019
    More facial hair would be great, especially some stubble variants. I can't remember how it worked in Sims 3 but I know that stubble and was separate could be layered with a beard or moustache in Sims 2.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    stubble and beards need to be separated so they can be layered.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, definitely! I love facial hair on men and I wish we had more choices. More sideburns too. I'm hoping we get more facial hair and body hair options with werewolves. I play a lot of male sims and I do feel they get left out in CAS. More hair and clothing options for male sims of all ages would be appreciated.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    stubble and beards need to be separated so they can be layered.

It's crazy how we could do that in TS2 but somehow we can't in 4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Yes, definitely! I love facial hair on men and I wish we had more choices. More sideburns too. I'm hoping we get more facial hair and body hair options with werewolves. I play a lot of male sims and I do feel they get left out in CAS. More hair and clothing options for male sims of all ages would be appreciated.

Same. Go beards and stubble! <3 And I'd expect/hope this aswell. Which is actually a bit sad :/ To hope for something from a rather niche pack, that we should already have in the game.

It just puzzles me why we get so few, and why we don't have body hair. Body hair and facial should also be seperated into different parts. For facial, I'd like to see stubble, beard and mustaches being seperated so we can pick and mix them.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    I always use facial hair on young adult and up male sims, could use more facial hairs without having to resort on mods, I cant even find my own facial hair in the game!
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Katara11Katara11 Posts: 17 Member
    I want "Mr Darcy"-sideburns... I am sick of the Wolverine one.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I'd love for the wispy, Parenthood "teen" facial hair options to be available for portraying ethnicities that only grow sparse facial hair at the YA / Adult / Elder stages. Maybe they already are there. I am not sure how closely I have checked my options since installing that pack.

More options are always welcome.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I'd love for the wispy, Parenthood "teen" facial hair options to be available for portraying ethnicities that only grow sparse facial hair at the YA / Adult / Elder stages. Maybe they already are there. I am not sure how closely I have checked my options since installing that pack.

More options are always welcome.

@Sindocat The wispy Parenthood ones are available for YA, adults and elders :) . Don't think there is any facial hair that is restriced to an age.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Want that mustache and a beard? No can do!
    I can almost see what mustache and what beard you are talking about :)
    Totally agree with the point!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Layering would be nice.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I wish we had some longer beards. Maybe in the Magic pack we'll get a long wizard beard.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've definitely been wanting more facial hair lately. There's not nearly enough variety given that facial hair is actually fashionable. It ends up terribly samey.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This is a neat idea, since I recently started realizing what a difference a beard/mustache makes for the look of a sim (I just gave my grown up Alexander Goth a beard and HOLY PLUM WHAT A LOOK), so more options would be fantastic! I like your idea of having some mustache and beard options that are stack-able, and also maybe customizable sideburns?

I mean, if I want to re-create Ares from Xena: Warrior Princess in the sims, how am I ever going to recreate his Iconic contouring facial hair???
    QMI978I.jpg
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I agree! I feel the lack of facial hair every time I go to create a male sim.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I need more tight beards!!!!
    Jason Momoa's beard is SELECT!!!!
    and those nordic braided beards, OMG!!!!
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Males get very little of anything. And I don't love facial hair, but I do love options. Without options, we end up with more cc and a lot of comprising.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    I've definitely been wanting more facial hair lately. There's not nearly enough variety given that facial hair is actually fashionable. It ends up terribly samey.

I agree - a lot of the townies that spawn wind up having the same facial hair (my game loves that twirly mustache).

Layering would definitely be nice, also having the ability to change facial hair per outfit - something like a 5 o'clock shadow for sleepwear but clean shaven for everyday? Or maybe they grow a beard in the colder seasons? Correct me if I'm wrong but we can't change facial hair per outfit right now.
    As for body hair - in S3 I think we got that with the Supernatural EP (can't quite remember) but it was patched in for everyone? Hopefully they can address body hair in a patch?

ch_dadpost.gif
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I always use facial hair on young adult and up male sims, could use more facial hairs without having to resort on mods, I cant even find my own facial hair in the game!

Neither can I but then again a goat long enough to braid isn't an option in The Sims. Perhaps they need to get some of the facial hair options from Skyrim.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Ever since TS2 we've had to rely on CC facial hair (hairstyles and body hair). I suspect that isn't going to change. Male CAS options are a low priority for the devs.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I wish that beards could be unlocked for female sims. I mean has EA not heard of the "bearded lady" part of Barum's circus?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    Not being able to assign beards to different outfits is severely limiting to my creation of a count Olaf character :( it’s also annoying that you can’t have different hair colors for different outfits.

I was thinking, couldn’t we make cc beards that take place of accessories? Like glasses or earring slots? I don’t know enough about creating cc to be sure.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    We definitely need more variety in facial hair from male Sims!
    a256aFi.gif