Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Heart Full of Stars {A Medieval Story} Chapter 70 *Finale* now! 5/28/21

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Did I ever get my sim back on the gallery? I can't remember and can't check because I'm on vacation.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I actually made my character before reading the first chapter, and it's a huge coincidence that the guy I made could fit the description of the lord. :D But he could also be a competing one from another town or so. Doesn't have to be a major role

I haven't started taking pictures of the second chapter yet, so I can make him the lord. That's good, because I was a bit shaky with his wife and child. He has a child, but The wife wasn't going to be a very rounded character.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Did I ever get my sim back on the gallery? I can't remember and can't check because I'm on vacation.

I didn't see her. Makes sure you use the hashtags or tell me your ID name.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 2019
    OoooOwooo! I like the first chapter!
    I wonder what secret Anwyn's ears represent? Or are their pointy-ness coincidental?

VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Good start to the story so far. I do wonder what the tales about the King that make him not as noble as he seems are.
    Damaro wrote: »
    Briella became very successful in what she did. As she herself would put it, “they (the men) will always come back” to her. That buxom Briella became extremely favored even with nobles and their close aides. When she shared her bed and body, these men shared their (or their masters) secrets, worries and plans. Sometimes Briella would even gain access to places and objects no one else could reach.
    j12g-bj-f0e2.jpg
    I love that that "The Harlot" looks to be having a wardrobe malfunction in the spoiler picture

Shhhhh~
    where'd your eyes wander?
    It's just an accident, 'mkay? >.> :smirk:

@icmnfrsh LOL, Lord Ludovico and Lady Malene could be relatives! :D They sure share parts of their nature and even their piercing grey eyes. :')
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2019
    So where is the first chapter located, @Irishsong Would love to read it? I'm sawdust's friend that does the sims for our medieval world and wouldn't mind having a read of your first chapter.

So where is the first chapter located, @Irishsong Would love to read it? I'm sawdust's friend that does the sims for our medieval world and wouldn't mind having a read of your first chapter.

It's on the previous page. Whenever I post a chapter, I use a picture saying "New Chapter" and then a spoiler where the chapter is.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    OoooOwooo! I like the first chapter!
    I wonder what secret Anwyn's ears represent? Or are their pointy-ness coincidental?

Good start to the story so far. I do wonder what the tales about the King that make him not as noble as he seems are.
    Briella became very successful in what she did. As she herself would put it, “they (the men) will always come back” to her. That buxom Briella became extremely favored even with nobles and their close aides. When she shared her bed and body, these men shared their (or their masters) secrets, worries and plans. Sometimes Briella would even gain access to places and objects no one else could reach.
    j12g-bj-f0e2.jpg
    I love that that "The Harlot" looks to be having a wardrobe malfunction in the spoiler picture

Shhhhh~

@icmnfrsh LOL, Lord Ludovico and Lady Malene could be relatives! :D They sure share parts of their nature and even their piercing grey eyes. :')

Ooh, now there's an idea :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    And that's why I love readers. :)

The truth about Anwyn's ears is that she was a vampire for someone's challenge, but I loved her so much I humanized her with MCC and she kept her cute little ears. But if you want to make a theory about them, be my guest.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Alrighty, I have a good cast now, unless someone wants to make general, flat characters for townsfolk.

Decided to create some Flat Generic Townsfolk specifically for the background.

Also decided to create a Barbarian Army that fight for and with their jarl, Ásbjorn Bloodaxe. (They don't need to be used if they don't fit the story).
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    So... this King sounds ... interesting!? :D Enjoyed the first chapter. :)
    We'll certainly see more of the king. He's a major character in all of this.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    @irishsong sorry for the delay but I just uploaded a household that could be used as random townfolk...
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I found it and read it. Sounds like an interesting start to a fascinating story. Well done. :)

thanks!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited June 2019
    j12g-bj-f0e2.jpg

Shhhhh~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVSrjAXq6g
    edited May 2022
    2m69vuV.png
    Chapter 2
    awIYq7x.png

“A ‘c’ is quite an easy letter to write. You just write a simple arch to the side, like this, and that’s all there is to it. The ‘d’ is only slightly more difficult, with a long line coming off of the right side. Like this-” Anwyn demonstrated in a flourish. She heard horse hooves approaching the house, and while the sound was a common one, it was still a commodity. Most of the patronage at the bakery came from villagers who walked, not rode.

“Practice the letters, I want-” Anwyn started.

mqzUDM0.png

“To see 20 beautiful ‘c’s and ‘d’s by the end of the day.” Smiled Joseph.

kB0uPvl.png

“25 for interrupting.” Anwyn corrected as she entered the house, a smile on her lips.

There was a small group of people milling around, gossiping. Lara looked like she had a bird in her mouth, like she wanted to say something and was just barely keeping it under wraps.

2NnPPJv.png

“So happy to be getting married?” Anwyn asked her quietly.

VUUZ7qR.png

“I feel so different. Something huge has happened to me, and none of the people in the room know it, bedsides the family.” Lara beamed. “I- I want everyone to know, but I know that it is the parent’s duty to announce it. I can’t wait for it to be public knowledge.”

zBZK0zS.png

“Cherish this moment. It’ll only last a short while, and you may miss it when you’re bored and lonely on a farm.” winked Anwyn.

BfqRq3N.png

The door, which wasn’t light, was pushed open in a flurry of action. A man in expensive dress entered the room, and the people’s voices dimmed.

“We require citizens to aid in the restoration of the lord’s manor.” hailed the man in a distinguished tone. “Any and all available hands are to be sent.” He noticed the two young women standing in the middle of the room. “Say, aren’t you Cupshire girls? Your mother and father can spare you for the time being, depart with me and you will be home by the end of two weeks time.”

xTFlLDv.png

z5qLRVx.png

Ni9hz1L.png

Anwyn drew closer to her sister, and Mr. Cupshire came out from the back of the bakery, looking at the page with weariness. “Why would I offer my daughters to clean the manor of the lord who taxes everything I do? I had to give him nearly half of my chickens last year.”

b4RKq9g.png

“And if you don’t participate you will lose three fourths this year. I suggest that anyone who doesn’t want their taxes raised send someone over to the manor at once, lest the king be disappointed by its appearance. You have until tomorrow to have someone. And I will personally be checking for your two daughters, Mr. Cupshire.” the page snarled.

Mr. Cupshire’s face was stone as he straightened his back and showed the man to the door. “You will have my family's services, but threatening the people who pay you taxes is never a good idea. Maybe you should read some history books.”

“And threatening a man of the court is never a good thing either, or have you forgotten that lesson?” sneered the page, going back to his horse.

The door closed, and the bystanders went back to what they were doing but it was obvious that they were still listening to the conversation. It was going to be the town gossip that Mr. Cupshire had dared to stand up in the face of the courts again. They all knew what happened the last time he did that, and it hadn’t gone well in his favor.

b0CLL5N.png

He brought his daughters to the back room of the bakery. “Alright, girls, get your things packed for two weeks. As much as it pains me to send you both away, I have little choice. You both know that we can’t afford the tax he is threatening, and I’m sure you’ll be well taken care of while there. In two week’s time we’ll hardly remember it happened at all.” he showed a weak smile. “Go, God be with you. You can be there by dinner time if you are quick in preparing.”

sid82lU.png

The duo went up the narrow stairs and gathered their things, chatting about what tasks they thought they may be assigned. “I hope that I am put in charge or polishing the silver. It is one of my favorite things to do.” grinned Anwyn.

I3kQKvs.png

“But you’re so slow at it. You would be better cleaning the floors, doing large motions. You can hardly sit still to garden, you’ll never make it through polishing a whole manor.” teased Lara.

“And you would be best in the library where the dust is an inch thick and covered in spiders’ webs!” laughed Anwyn. “At least you would be as silent as your company.”

“A lady is best seen when she is quiet. Women who are loud and boisterous are rarely seen as anything better than beggars on the corner. You would do well to develop some manners.”

“I have manners,” Anwyn claimed, indignant. “I think that a woman has just as many brains as a man, and even little Sophia has more brains than that page. His head is so far up his horse’s be-” Anwynn started to illustrate.

AwxnMa6.png

“I will have you stop there, before we are both in larger trouble than we began in!” laughed Lara. “As much as an education is good for a woman, it is equally damning to a man.” she sympathized in a soothing tone, trying to subdue her sister from getting overly excited. “Men want to know that they are in charge. They want to know that they will have their woman’s support and that he does right by her. A man without a woman to fear the loss of favor of is a frightening thing, for he has nothing to fear. However, I know that the page is married, so we have slightly less to fear.” smiled Lara, packing her things.

They packed for a few minutes, Lara finishing before Anwyn.

The two girls embraced their mother and father, and walked down the road towards the lord’s manor.

979DHwZ.png

“How badly does this manor need to be cleaned? And repaired? Does your friend sit on her hands all day doing nothing, playing cards with her friends?” Anwyn asked her sister.

DuI6SDZ.png

“She has few comforts, actually. It’s nearly impossible to keep a manor of that size clean with only two maids and a cook. The lord wishes to minimize costs so that he doesn’t have to pay so much to his servants, thus he has few people to take care of the place. It’s a pity, really. Now we have to work just so that we don’t have to be punished. It’s not right….” Lara trailed off.

WItgGNg.png

They walked for a while in silence, keeping a good pace up the road. “The page said that something bad happened the last time Father tried to stand against the court. What did he mean? I don’t remember anything happening.” Anwyn inquired.

WxLJOhz.png

Lara physically flinched and wouldn’t meet Anwyn’s eye. “You were very young at the time. I’m happy you don’t remember it. I’m sad to say that I do. And that’s all I’ll say. You don’t need to worry about it.” She tried to reassure her younger sister, but the memory was still wearing on her face.

zUJI29F.png

The hours waxed by, and finally they reached the walls of the manor. The lawn was moderately well kept, but the grass was long and in need of cutting. The windows were dirty, and there was moss growing on the shady side of the building.

The page was waiting in front of the house. “It’s about time, Cupshires. You do know how to take your time getting here.”

XDnywve.png

The two girls curtsied. “Not everyone has a horse they can ride, Sir.” Anwyn commented

pFZRwie.png

“Too bad, makes one without look tardy.” he sneered. “The staff’s quarters are on the third floor. Walk through the courtyard to the back of the house, then take the stairs up. Walk quietly, the lord of the house is sleeping.”

ihfxFxX.png

RLRnfxy.png

Anwyn and Lara walked in the front door, and to directly into the courtyard. The stars were sprinkling the sky now, and they were both hungry. There were cobwebs in the corners, and the fires hadn’t been cleaned in some time. The place was lived in, but did not feel formal. It felt worn.

At the third floor, the lights were low, and there was no one to be seen. All of the doors were closed and there was hallway lining the courtyard.

The two girls looked at each other, wondering if they had the right place. Lara walked quietly over to the door and knocked softly, then opened the door. Inside were six beds, all dressed the same, and on the far side of the room was a sleeping woman, but otherwise it was rather empty. It appeared that none of the other helpers had come yet to prepare the manor, so Lara and Anwyn could choose which bed to sleep in. They quietly put down their belongings and Anwyn went to the door to leave.

E2UnuyG.png

“Where are you going?” whispered Lara.

“I need some food, and so do you. Come with me to get some.” Anwyn whispered back.

“We should stay here, wait to be summoned or assigned.”

“That would be tomorrow morning. No one will notice, we’ll be discrete. A shadow in the night.” Anwyn’s eyes flashed and she grinned in a funny way.

Zb8HAPR.png

“I’ll stay here,” Lara said, yawning and Anwyn made a face. “But if you bring me something, I’ll owe you a favor.”

1Yvdwy8.png

“Fine. Have it your way.” Anwyn turned around the door and tiptoed down the stairs. The kitchen was on the first floor, and she hoped she wouldn’t be caught. It appeared the manor was built in a big ring around the courtyard, so anyone could go around from anywhere to get anywhere. IF she could just get down the stairs without anyone noticing, she should be fine. Where was the other staff anyhow? There was the page, and the cook was supposedly in the kitchen, but where were the maids?

a4LjcU0.png

Anwyn tiptoed down the stairs to the ground floor, trying to keep out of sight. She didn’t see much of anyone. The manor was sparsely populated anyhow, so it shouldn’t have been surprising.

I guess if I had people coming to my home to clean, I would want to greet them or know who they were… Anwyn thought. She tiptoed down to the kitchen, her mouth watering thinking about the food she could eat. Anything to eat after walking for half the day.
    0ebJvwA.png

She creaked open the door to find a very white, very old woman standing in front of the fire. She noticed Anwyn right away, and she approached, a scowl on her face.

fIEOxxZ.png

“And what do you think you’re doing coming into my kitchen? Thought you’d steal some food from the larder? Oh, where are my manors?” she asked sarcastically. “Do you need food, mortal? Perhaps some mint to chew on for your foul breath?”

ylPJcoX.png

Anwyn covered her mouth with her hand. “I’d- I’d like some foo-”

PTIXawO.png

The woman covered her mouth in mockery. “‘I’d like some food.’ Ha! I cook three times a day. If you miss a meal, that’s not my fault. Mortals aren’t allowed in my kitchen.” she paused for a brief moment. “Though by the points of your ears… Doesn't matter. Breakfast will be served tomorrow morning, You can eat then. You look like you have enough meat on your bones to last until then.”

Anwyn was pushed out of the kitchen and she walked back up to her room, bewildered. She was upset that she had been insulted, but the conversation was bizarre. Mortal? Everyone was mortal, was this woman not quite right? Was the lord keeping a troll in the kitchen?

GE8Bty4.png

Anwyn returned to her bed, Lara already sleeping in her bed. Another bed had been filled by another sleeping woman, and Anwyn felt that there was simply nothing left to be done besides sleep. She changed, got into the bed, and fell asleep.
    Post edited by Irishsong on
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Mr. Cupshire looks like he is bored with life and unamused by everything in this chapter, even when purchasing slave labor from the baker. Also, hooray for some sightings of the Flat Generic Townsfolk in the background. I definitely saw the town drunk and thought I saw "The Mad" and "The Urchin" in the story also.
    @VanPelt81 the Cupshires are the bakers. I haven't named the page in the story yet.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I wonder if Anwyn's scar is a reminder of what happened "the last time".
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

citysimmer wrote: »
    I wonder if Anwyn's scar is a reminder of what happened "the last time".

That would be an interesting twist.

I haven't gone over everyone's submissions, so I don't know what the deal with the witch is yet. :D I wonder what kind of meat she's serving
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    The 'witch' in the kitchen is actually just someone the Gallery rolled for random while I was looking for a cook. I thought she looked very interesting, so she made the cut.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited July 2019
    Irishsong wrote: »
    @VanPelt81 the Cupshires are the bakers. I haven't named the page in the story yet.

Well then, whoever the blonde fancy dressed dude with the beard was that bought the women is looked bored with life.

I haven't gone over everyone's submissions, so I don't know what the deal with the witch is yet. :D I wonder what kind of meat she's serving

Soylent Green

Soylent Green

How environmentally sustainable!

• DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Uuuuuh, great first impression on both sides for Anwyn and Ms. Frogsoup. I bet as bakers she and her sister will have to help often in the kitchen.
    If the chef eyes your pointy ears while chopping up some bat wings and brewing a special soup, you better run Anwyn!

Soylent Green

How environmentally sustainable!

True, unless you're a soccer team whose plane crashed on a mountain and said team doesn't go west 2 miles to stumble onto a busy ski resort.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top