Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have extreme fear for the Grim Reaper

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    Can he die? Try killing him if he can. Like litterally kill your fear. Or maybe there is a mod to make him look different? Dunno but don't feel weird. I have some fears that don't make sense to others. Its what makes us all unique.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I've heard you can kill Grim, but it breaks the game.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Grimm doesnt scare me, what scares me is butterflies..they are secretly evil little plotters. :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I would also suggest facing your fear. Once you meet the grim though you can talk to him and tell jokes. I think there are even some romantic interactions lol who knows, once you conquer this fear your sim might end up marrying the grim reaper!
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    edited July 2015
    I feared the burglar in sims 1 and 2 when I was a kid. The sound effects was too much for me, so I actually realized if you keep one Sim up at night, the burglar wouldn't come and I did that for years until I just faced the burglar and realized it wasn't that bad. I just prepared myself on the burglar would maybe appear at night so I turned the sound down so it wouldn't be so scary. It helped. Remember, it's just a game.
  • Options
    WinterlightsongWinterlightsong Posts: 68 Member
    Fear is a survival instinct! Without it you would be dead long ago! However, I totally understand the fear of death...the philosophy of death that Christian beliefs will indoctrinate you with...however, what most people don't know is that death is a transition from one state of being into another! There is no end, no hell, no recompense! Death of a loved one is a completely selfish reaction to their loved one not being there anymore!
    The Grim Reaper is a symbol of doom and the end...life never ends, we just change forms!
  • Options
    AkiraTheAngelAkiraTheAngel Posts: 30 Member
    Well if you're scared of the TS4 grim reaper, yea you should try to talk to him. I mean he's kinda cute in my eyes but I'm kinda weird so... :smiley:
  • Options
    Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    Lol The Grim in my game is the most Chillest guy there. From being best friends to one of my Sim's grandsons after going shopping at one of their retail stores. To being a frequent Gym Memeber...(Probaly due to a lot of Elders have their last days there so it's kind of lucrative.)

To showing up to dance parties in clubs. Always liked grim in the games, but this one in my game is ironically the life of the party.
  • Options
    spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    same my dude
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Grim doesn't bother me at all, but I understand this. I have a minor fear of dying in video games. When I was younger, I would avoid playing video games because dying made me so physically tense and stressed. I would use cheats to turn off death. No idea why this bothered me so much. I eventually got over the fear by just reminding myself it isn't real, it's just a game. I started off just playing games on easy mode until I became more confident. Now it doesn't bother me at all. For you, I would recommend using cheats to disable death, as others have suggested already. All the best
  • Options
    Cullinary_Death111Cullinary_Death111 Posts: 7 New Member
    I have a fear of sims 2 deaths the sound affect and starvation and death
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Elin wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments !

I think the scariest thing is that I do not know when it happens. It can suddenly happen and then he pops up. And yeah, he looks pretty scary to me.

Maybe its a good idea to face it and kill a sim or whatever but i gotta find someone who is willing to sit with me so i am not alone . And i definitely tur the audio off. But I'm scared haha. I will probably panic.

Sit down and have chat with him next time you see him. iirc there's a reward trait or something for making friends with him.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Girl you have a trauma, get it fixed before you trigger it with The sims :D
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I used to be really freaked out by images of aliens. I still am a little, but not as much. I desensitized myself by having a book with a picture of an alien placed in my house so that every time I passed by, I could see the picture. At first, it was really uncomfortable, but then I got used to it and it helped me to not have such a strong reaction if I saw another picture of an alien.

And in case you're wondering, NO I do not play with sims aliens! Haha. Still hate them.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited July 2019
    I was a much older woman when I first began to play Sims2. What scared the beejeebeeies out of me, was playing in a house that had a ghost. I moved my family into another house (instead of building one) and had no clue a Sim had died there. I wanted to experience a ghost and well, I did. What was most problematic for me, is I was all alone in the house, hubby was still at work, my eldest two kids had moved out and my youngest, still a teen was out and about. I used to play in my office which was darkened to help keep it cool. Evening was slowly approaching and it was very quiet, except for my game. The music is what startled me the most. It was creepy, to say the least. Plus I found out early on, the ghosts weren't like Casper the Friendly Ghost, thankfully. The other thing about this incident was it was also Halloween. What a way to celebrate, eh? LOL

I managed to get over it being in my fifties. But, I must say when we first got toddlers in Sims4, when they wake up from their naps and are HANGRY, that music used to make me jump, too.

As for Grimmie, I just don't like that Sim. My Sims aren't always given a chance to plead for their dead relative Sim, because you're not allowed to plead until the Sim has been reaped! (That's Grimmie's story and they are sticking with it.) Then, of course, afterwards, there is no option. Face/palm. Even when they are allowed to plead, sometimes it falls of deaf ears, all the same. I think having Grimmie show up in so many odd-ball and unexpected places has kept me from hitting the panic button so often. The Gym, taking a shower in the house, hanging around and asking my Global Superstar for his autograph. Mind you, he turned my Sim's request to save his Stan. Then he does this.

See if this picture doesn't make you laugh:
    8rqzvkg.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Elin wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments !

I think the scariest thing is that I do not know when it happens. It can suddenly happen and then he pops up. And yeah, he looks pretty scary to me.

Maybe its a good idea to face it and kill a sim or whatever but i gotta find someone who is willing to sit with me so i am not alone . And i definitely tur the audio off. But I'm scared haha. I will probably panic.

Generally, you'll get music that comes up when a Sim is dying and the camera will pull to that scenario. I just went through a very trying time with my Global Superstar, which I had to start anew after the StrangerVille patch and my game went wonky. I did find the updated MCCC and finally the updated RTF mod I needed. Still, as it turned out my game save, which admittedly was old was corrupted. Not only that but my star Sim was corrupted. Started over from scratch. Took me ages to get him back to where he was, then we get hit with the Island Living patch. We simply won't go there. Suffice it to say my Sim was targeted for death. Death by Hysterical. Twice he died, in all. I went back to a game save earlier after his first death. Then he came home from an away concert (rabbit hole) and went Hysterical yet again. Before I could even remove the buff via MCCC, he collapsed and died on the snowy walkway in front of the stone front steps. Exited without saving and went back even farther in the game saves. He went Hysterical a third time. Then I recalled I'd made a copy of the entire Sims4 folder prior to patching. I made a copy of the saves folder and switched them out.

6K3Zqcj.jpg

So far, so good. I used MCCC to disable emotional deaths. I didn't want to do this, but I had finally experienced it twice in the same Event in a single gaming experience and again had to roll back a save to keep Erik out of the trouble he got into trying to care for his twin toddler nephews. So far, I have experience death by Hysterical, four times, in all.

So, until this odd glitch gets fixed, I will keep emotional deaths turned off.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    So folks while this thread is a bit old I can see a few of you are still happy to discuss it so I'm going to leave it open for now, if it goes inactive again I'll lock it up, for now carry on :smile:
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    We all have fears and often these are irrational, so you're certainly not alone. I grew up around horror films and stories, so I'm desensitised to that sort of thing, but a fear of the Grim Reaper seems pretty normal to me. I read a lot of Discworld growing up though and Death in that is such a funny lovable character that I sometimes forget. He's a bit of a goofball in The Sims too - I mean he stopped and asked my sim for his autograph! :D I think the best way to overcome fear is to face it and take control of the situation. Perhaps with a friend nearby at first if that helps. I know it isn't easy, but after the initial panic, your body will naturally relax and your mind will learn that there is nothing to fear and you are safe. It's natural to avoid something that worries us, but this only reinforces the fear and allows it to build in your mind. Don't let it hold you back.