Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims future competitor?

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm really interested in what it will turn out to be. Now I just want to see a little bit of ''simulation'' with a few ''sims'' (don't know how they are called here).
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I’m so ready to try out this new game!!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks let's leave it out with telling people their criticism isn't valid, at the end of the day whether you agree with someone or not they're entitled to their opinion. Carry on everyone
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    It looks really cool. I love the way the building tools work, it seems very intuitive and flexible.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Wow this looks really great.
    Cant hurt the sims. The franchise has needed a rocket up its backside for years.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    Talking about graphics... new picture from the game!

Still early in development but looks very cute

This is interesting. It reminds me of the early work we saw of TS4 before we knew it was TS4. Before they decided on a final art direction.
    ETA: Just noticed there is only one tile space next to bed. It will be interesting if 'sims' can manuver that area next to bed without clipping. TS2 can, so possibly. ETA: Even without textures, yet?, I love the pillows on the bed. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    LiELF wrote: »
    In their Twitter feed, they say they are working on optimizing the game for lower end computers. I doubt the graphics will be bumped up much farther. But I'm more interested in what the people look like and if the gameplay is engaging.

Even if he is going to cater to low end pcs, he can always built it to better graphics depending on CPU and GPU without knocking out low end pcs, just like all the older games did. TS4's problems is even if you set things on high with a better machine there still aren't any textures. Even in TS1 if you set the graphics higher you see a difference.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    It looks great so far, I'm really excited to see where this goes.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    @Simburian wrote: »
    Promises a lot but I remember Vie.

So far this developer has released way more material from his game than the Vie twitter account ever did. Major difference between the two, but if you are so skeptical that this is not legit just rest assured you don’t have to keep coming back to this thread to check on it and suggest it’s fake. Lol

Now it's got a thread I expect EA will go and have a look. It doesn't like competitors much. lol. :D

Maybe they will take some notes! EA, of course doesn’t want competition in the life sim genre but it’s not like there’s anything they can do to stop that. Are you suggesting they will somehow intervene in this indie game’s development? Are you that naive?

Cynical. Nice try.

Avoiding the question tells me I was on the right track.. You must be naive if you think EA is going to dump capital into some indie dev when they can’t even adequately fund the game they already own.
    It's EA> they figured out a way to make a buck on that city building game by putting it on Origin. I'm sure they will figure out a way to buy this guy off, and squash his game, and or get a cut and put it on Origin.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    @drake_mccarty Offer job, prospects, health insurance and pension plan and green card (if not US citizen). He might even take it. EA have plenty of money for that.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It sounds like it will have everything that TS4 should have had at launch...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited July 2019
    Omg we're back to this competition thing that someone was developing a game I remember another Sims "competitor" had a Twitter page, Facebook page and everything had ads even had a game launch day I remember some people was jumping on that band wagon even had the guru look in on it. Come "launch" day where was the game? Look up Vie that was also a future Sims competitor. If it turns into a game I'll give it a try but since that Vie I'm a little more skeptical but I'm curious.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Omg we're back to this competition thing that someone was developing a game I remember another Sims "competitor" had a Twitter page, Facebook page and everything had ads even had a game launch day I remember some people was jumping on that band wagon even had the guru look in on it. Come "launch" day where was the game? Look up Vie that was also a future Sims competitor.

This is definitely not the same.Vie had only two screenshots.They were news a troll was in the works for a prank.This person instead has patron, and showing gifs.
    Omg we're back to this competition thing that someone was developing a game I remember another Sims "competitor" had a Twitter page, Facebook page and everything had ads even had a game launch day I remember some people was jumping on that band wagon even had the guru look in on it. Come "launch" day where was the game? Look up Vie that was also a future Sims competitor.

This is definitely not the same.Vie had only two screenshots.They were news a troll was in the works for a prank.This person instead has patron, and showing gifs.

Like I said after thinking if it turns into a game then I'll give it a try but I am skeptical.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @drake_mccarty Offer job, prospects, health insurance and pension plan and green card (if not US citizen). He might even take it. EA have plenty of money for that.

He's got one Follower from EA on Twitter I know, so let's see what happens.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

That is bribery, if that’s what you’re suggesting be presented to end production of his game. Illegal in the US. So I wouldn’t be so sure on that. EA could make an offer if they are interested in what they see, but they aren’t going to do that until it’s released and they can gauge the benefits of doing it or passing.

I’m not surprised that he has EA people following him. They have tons of social media profiles that literally only exist to collect data.

The developer of this game has not once compared it to Sims 4 or even as much as mentioned Sims 4. The heavy skepticism he’s getting isn’t surprising, but this idea that EA is so concerned that they are going to take immediate corrective action against him is so over-dramatic.
    edited July 2019

That is bribery, if that’s what you’re suggesting be presented to end production of his game. Illegal in the US. So I wouldn’t be so sure on that. EA could make an offer if they are interested in what they see, but they aren’t going to do that until it’s released and they can gauge the benefits of doing it or passing.

I’m not surprised that he has EA people following him. They have tons of social media profiles that literally only exist to collect data.

The developer of this game has not once compared it to Sims 4 or even as much as mentioned Sims 4. The heavy skepticism he’s getting isn’t surprising, but this idea that EA is so concerned that they are going to take immediate corrective action against him is so over-dramatic.

They can not also stopother creators for making another life simulator game.If the game is successful, they might offer some funding. Maybe backing for a sequel .
    edited July 2019
    The assets (objects) in that game's pictures look a whole lot like what I have seen in TS2. The table and chairs, the counters etc. The left brown window just without any textures but flat paint.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The assets (objects) in that game's pictures look a whole lot like what I have seen in TS2. The table and chairs, the counters etc. The left brown window just without any textures but flat paint.

The style reminds me of sims mobile for some reason.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Omg we're back to this competition thing that someone was developing a game I remember another Sims "competitor" had a Twitter page, Facebook page and everything had ads even had a game launch day I remember some people was jumping on that band wagon even had the guru look in on it. Come "launch" day where was the game? Look up Vie that was also a future Sims competitor. If it turns into a game I'll give it a try but since that Vie I'm a little more skeptical but I'm curious.

You don't read comments? This was debunked.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
    edited July 2019
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    Guys we have to be realistic. It is inevitable there will be hardcore TS4 loyalists and defenders who will attempt to hijack this thread and talk it down. 😂😂😂

On a serious note. I HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED IN YEAAAAAARS!

Oh, you're right. For some reason I didn't expect this much talkdown.

Are you serious??? You're not serious, right?
    ElenPink wrote: »

You don't read comments? This was debunked.

And? I can't state my opinions? Since that Vie fiasco yes I'm skeptical that's how I personally feel if this turns into a game I would give it a try but since it's very early being developed I'm sorry but I'm skeptical I'm not going to automatically jump on a bandwagon.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2019

It's shady but not bribery or illegal if they give a legitimate offer and not pull the rug out at the last minute. But I don't see them doing that at most if they like what they see they'll make offer during development and halt production until they get a studio ready for him.

ElenPink wrote: »

Are you serious??? You're not serious, right?

Things like that have been done before but it usually only happens if it's mutually beneficial to both parties involved.
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p