Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I see it as.....

Every past Iteration has come along roundabout the time a new Windows OS came out. Microsoft has said Windows 10 will just be updated and no new OS released so Sims 4 just has to keep up with that so it could go on for ages yet. The Legacy edition is coming about because of Apple's changes to the Mac.

EA had to get rid of DRM for the games that used it to be acceptable on Windows 10 OS and It doesn't like "The Sims" at all though some found a way to play it. It does give any Sims 5 team time to be work on it without worrying about the future so much.

What are you talking about? They don’t coordinate new releases based on Microsoft Windows releases. Windows 10 didn’t even come out until after Sims 4 was already on sale.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, here's Island Paradise - I mean, Island Living - and more things coming up this year, if the ROAD MAP they described at E3 is anything to go by.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    I want a Sims 5!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I see it as.....

Every past Iteration has come along roundabout the time a new Windows OS came out. Microsoft has said Windows 10 will just be updated and no new OS released so Sims 4 just has to keep up with that so it could go on for ages yet. The Legacy edition is coming about because of Apple's changes to the Mac.

EA had to get rid of DRM for the games that used it to be acceptable on Windows 10 OS and It doesn't like "The Sims" at all though some found a way to play it. It does give any Sims 5 team time to be work on it without worrying about the future so much.

What are you talking about? They don’t coordinate new releases based on Microsoft Windows releases. Windows 10 didn’t even come out until after Sims 4 was already on sale.

I have an odd question. MS is ending support for Windows 7 next year. Will EA still support this game on Windows 7 when MS will no longer give critical security patches for Windows 7? and this game having to get patches online is a risk to Windows 7 users to go online to get these patches. And though their specs say it's for Windows 7, they will only be selling Windows 10 with no support at all for 7. What's EA and Maxis going to do about that? Allow players to go online and get updates knowing they are putting their players at a high risk from vunerability to the OS?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I see it as.....

I have an odd question. MS is ending support for Windows 7 next year. Will EA still support this game on Windows 7 when MS will no longer give critical security patches for Windows 7? and this game having to get patches online is a risk to Windows 7 users to go online to get these patches. And though their specs say it's for Windows 7, they will only be selling Windows 10 with no support at all for 7. What's EA and Maxis going to do about that? Allow players to go online and get updates knowing they are putting their players at a high risk from vunerability to the OS?

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking here. It’s not like MS offering “security patches” makes you any less at risk for viruses or things like that. That’s just routine maintenance. If you can play Sims 4 on Win 7 then you should still be able to do that after Ms stops making patches for it. Getting updates for Sims 4 thru Origin isn’t putting you at risk for anything.

I’m gonna be honest with you @Cinebar your concerns here don’t make much sense. Ms ending support for Win 7 doesn’t really change anything about your computers security and frankly Win 10 is free (at least it was for a very long time) I don’t see why you wouldn’t just upgrade your OS. If you want to stay with an unsupported OS then be prepared to not have future software work on your computer.
    I see it as.....

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking here. It’s not like MS offering “security patches” makes you any less at risk for viruses or things like that. That’s just routine maintenance. If you can play Sims 4 on Win 7 then you should still be able to do that after Ms stops making patches for it. Getting updates for Sims 4 thru Origin isn’t putting you at risk for anything.

I’m gonna be honest with you @Cinebar your concerns here don’t make much sense. Ms ending support for Win 7 doesn’t really change anything about your computers security and frankly Win 10 is free (at least it was for a very long time) I don’t see why you wouldn’t just upgrade your OS. If you want to stay with an unsupported OS then be prepared to not have future software work on your computer.

Most of the critical updates from MS are security patches that any anti-virus software can't actually address. Yes, 10 was free, I tried it, hated it. Removed it. lol Yes, the fault will be mine, but EA as a company will still be requiring players to go online to get bug fixes etc. when many of their players will still be using 7. Those holes in security are sometimes MS fault to say the least, and when they end support it would seem EA would also have to end support for Windows 7 users, especially since 7 would no longer be getting any updats for Visual C++ and or Netframework, which this game depends on, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I see it as.....

Most of the critical updates from MS are security patches that any anti-virus software can't actually address. Yes, 10 was free, I tried it, hated it. Removed it. lol Yes, the fault will be mine, but EA as a company will still be requiring players to go online to get bug fixes etc. when many of their players will still be using 7. Those holes in security are sometimes MS fault to say the least, and when they end support it would seem EA would also have to end support for Windows 7 users, especially since 7 would no longer be getting any updats for Visual C++ and or Netframework, which this game depends on, too.

I don’t see the issue with going online on an old OS. You don’t get a computer virus just from accessing the Internet.

Just like players who still have 32bit, the world moves on. If they don’t want to stay current they will inevitably have to miss out. I don’t think EA owes anything to players who refuse to move on from the old old OS that is Windows 7. I also don’t think very many players are playing on Win 7 either.
    I see it as.....

I don’t see the issue with going online on an old OS. You don’t get a computer virus just from accessing the Internet.

Just like players who still have 32bit, the world moves on. If they don’t want to stay current they will inevitably have to miss out. I don’t think EA owes anything to players who refuse to move on from the old old OS that is Windows 7. I also don’t think very many players are playing on Win 7 either.

Well, going online possibly not a virus for a short period of time to get a patch etc. I'm not able to articulate what I mean today. I do this sometimes, I can't form a paragraph to make someone understand what I'm getting at. That failure is on me. I said it was an odd question, and so it is. Sorry, I'm just trying to think is EA still going to say system requirements are Windows 7/10 when 7 will not even be something in a year or so anyone can even purchase as a retail software an obsolete on any pc off the shelf. I do know many who dropped 10 and went back to 7 so there are more than just a few out here. But it will be my problem, I guess. And then on that note, I wonder will TS5 say it can play on Windows 7 when it's in the works right now while 7 is still an OS you can still buy from MS until next year. Just the run of mill questions that run through my head sometimes. lol
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I sit here with my gaming laptop and my extended virus protection and I forget that not everyone has the power and protection that I do. It would be great if EA could create two versions of the same game. I'm clearly living in a fairy tale world.
  • BoyfriendBoyfriend Posts: 19 Member
    I have an unpopular opinion. Nuts to the people with potato computer. Sorry not sorry. If you want to GAME you need to invest in a GAMING machine. I understand that not everyone can go out and buy one but you can probably finance one. Gaming is a luxury. I've invested in a beast because I want to be able to GAME. The sims 5 is only worth releasing if it's an improvement. Ie, bring back open worlds and transport, cast, the memory system. They can't just keep plucking out loved features for each new release. The game has performance settings for a reason. Select a low setting if you have a low quality system. The sims team needs to stop pandering to the lowest common denominator to make sims 5 anything worthwhile. Wait for the console release if your pc cant hack it. I dont feel bad for someone without a gaming pc the same way someone with an xbox or playstation or switch shouldnt feel bad for me. They're LUXURIES. And so is this game. So keep it LUXE.
    edited November 2019
    I look back at my first post which says "We are at the peak of microtransactions" and now I laugh. Maybe NOW we're at the peak?

The Sims wasn't meant to be played on Laptops. It was meant to be played in your home, to destract you from your husband complaining how long it was since your last woo-hoo and your kids screaming about dinner.

I totally get that people would want to play Sims 4 on the go but face it, it's a big game and gets bigger with each expansion. The bigger the expansion, the more room it'll take up. Maxis is obliged to give us a good game, patch bugs, and give us occasional free stuff. They're not obliged to keep your system up to date.

Pandering to the lowest common denominator will make a game smaller, and I'm sure that will make them a lot of money but it won't make the game any better. Currently, if anything will be impossible to play on Laptops as they are now it would be an Open-World Sims 5.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    When I first posted on this thread, I couldn't wait for 5 to begin. Now I have very little hope that 5 will be the savior of this franchise. The writing is on the wall and I seriously doubt that I will be buying any sims game in the future. The quality and content of the game has really fallen off and I don't see it changing for the better in the future.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    When I first posted on this thread, I couldn't wait for 5 to begin. Now I have very little hope that 5 will be the savior of this franchise. The writing is on the wall and I seriously doubt that I will be buying any sims game in the future. The quality and content of the game has really fallen off and I don't see it changing for the better in the future.

I have said this from the beginning. I seriously doubt there will be a S5, but if by chance there is, it won't be like everyone here is assuming. S4 is a nose dive, IMO and has sealed the fate of this franchise.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I spent a lot of money buying all the TS1 packs.
    Bought all the TS2 packs.
    Bought all the TS3 packs.
    And I currently have all the TS4 packs.
    I'm done after this. When the series ends I'm going to mod the plum out of my game knowing new content wont bust them anymore. If I buy TS5 at all itll be after it's a well rounded game with packs and I've milked all I can out of my modded TS4. But if I spend money on anything after TS4 it's more than likely going to be Paralives because tbh TS5 is going to have to be some out of this world magic for me to regain faith in EA. Presently I'm scared for what TS5 will be like.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I look back at my first post which says "We are at the peak of microtransactions" and now I laugh. Maybe NOW we're at the peak?

The Sims wasn't meant to be played on Laptops. It was meant to be played in your home, to destract you from your husband complaining how long it was since your last woo-hoo and your kids screaming about dinner.

I totally get that people would want to play Sims 4 on the go but face it, it's a big game and gets bigger with each expansion. The bigger the expansion, the more room it'll take up. Maxis is obliged to give us a good game, patch bugs, and give us occasional free stuff. They're not obliged to keep your system up to date.

Pandering to the lowest common denominator will make a game smaller, and I'm sure that will make them a lot of money but it won't make the game any better. Currently, if anything will be impossible to play on Laptops as they are now it would be an Open-World Sims 5.

I remember when woo hoo was simply called 'play in bed' and could only be done on a vibrating heart bed and only with the first EP! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    purisu02 wrote: »
    I'm not ready with The Sims 5! I am still without seasons, no jungle adventure, no strangerville and no island living - don't think I would buy them anytime soon. I love this game and been playing for 18+ years but why so expensive?? :'(

@purisu02 I recommend buying packs when they are on sale for 50% off. I highly recommend seasons, I could not imagine playing without it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    I see it as.....

@Simburian not sure I follow you - I have played TS3 on Win 10 without incident. I've been playing TS4 on Win 10 without incident (meaning no OS issues, only tech issues that others have had that EA/Maxis has resolved with patches). I recently started playing TS2 on Win 10 and with two minor fixes, I am not having any issues playing it. So, what do you mean that Win 10 OS does not like the sims at all?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    deeman190 wrote: »
    There probably will be at least two or three more EPs before TS4 is officially done. I wonder if they announced TS4 while EP's were still being made for TS3 or if they waited until after it was finished.

@deeman190 yeah, they released two EPs and I believe two worlds and were still creating store content after they announced TS4
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    I see it as.....

@Simburian not sure I follow you - I have played TS3 on Win 10 without incident. I've been playing TS4 on Win 10 without incident (meaning no OS issues, only tech issues that others have had that EA/Maxis has resolved with patches). I recently started playing TS2 on Win 10 and with two minor fixes, I am not having any issues playing it. So, what do you mean that Win 10 OS does not like the sims at all?

I was referring to Sims 1 as it is now known as. It was called "The Sims" that's why I put it in quotation marks. EA had to sort out their DRM problems with the others with Microsoft before Windows 10 came out. In fact I think Microsoft and EA worked together and the Sims games were one of the first they checked on and sorted out. (from what I remember over my addictive Sims research over the last 20 years).
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I agree with @Boyfriend. I also feel guilty about it, but I still want what I want.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

OK :smirk: so if that’s the case why am I playing this? Last I checked my spouse was a woman. :mrgreen:

Yes it isn’t meant to be played on a potato and agreed that those of us able to afford gaming computers should be able to ask that devs push the graphics envelope. The specs should be rated for higher end computers and those who don’t will just have to adjust settings.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I hope im not necroing this topic but in my opinion the sims must end somewhere. How much more can be done with a game that simulates life. Most everything I have seen has been just about a rehash of the past franchise.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 4 is still missing more games.
    edited December 2019
    When there's still things missing from Sims 3 to add, why would EA construct a new game? Plus the devs are NOT going to say "Well we're out of ideas, you'll hire us on Sims 5, right?"

I would like to gently point people in the direction of this article - https://heavy.com/games/2018/04/sims-5-reveal-release-date/

Yup, people were expecting it as a reveal in the 2018 EA. Not a word, not a peep, not a clue. And still nothing but vague rumours, mostly started by people who really, really hope for things and generally involving the words "How great would it be if"

If you want a Shop, like with Sims 3, roll right on (that's the state EA's in right now). Or more 'gameplay' like Strangerville, everything nicely clipped to appeal to Console fans and fit on their consoles.

Games take years to work. Unless you want "Sims 4 - let's just rebuy everything", of course. Lord knows the rumours I've seen won't work on laptops - unless of course Sims 4 is being designed so that it will work very nicely on consoles. Wow, a Sims game that can appeal to console owners. Just what I'm looking for, I don't think.
    Post edited by Loanet on
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I hope that the sims franchise is going to live on for many, many years to come. We can't have a sims 4 forever, or can we? I would rather have them make a new base game, than forever have the sims 4.