Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are My Sims Putting On Random Outfits?

Ever since Seasons, I've noticed Sims from played households have sometimes been wearing random (and usually awful) outfits that I didn't give them when they're acting as NPCs (wandering the neighborhood when I'm working with a different household). In my created/played households, I meticulously plan every outfit for every character. It's annoying to see them wandering around wearing a ridiculous jumble of clothes that I know I didn't create. Is this some kind of bug in the Seasons pack? If so, I hope they fix it soon.
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2018
    If you haven't changed the 'hot weather' and 'cold weather' outfits for those sims yet, that might be what you're seeing.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I find mine do it too. It's silly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2018
    I've noticed that they dress in stupid outfits for holidays. Did it happen to be a holiday? They particularly like to wear Santa hats and red coats for Winterfest, and those ridiculous top hats for New Year's.
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    I customize every outfit, including hot and cold weather outfits, and it's wasn't a holiday when I wrote this. The outfit was crazy. Green & white pompom beanie, big orange glasses, a blue winter coat (in summer), cat leggings, pink floral socks and brown hiking boots. I'd never dress my sims like that. It would make a clown cringe. I know she was one I carefully customized because she's the mom in the family I most recently played previously.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, even if you created hot and cold weather outfits for sims, currently unplayed households still seem to want to change into random things for hot/cold/rain when doing a walk-by. it's annoying. wouldn't be so annoying to me if it didn't have a bug that's nearly as old as the sims 4 return...again. the whole 'i need to wear a hat, and earrings, and glasses, and a necklace, and rings, and gloves, and bracelets, and tights, and socks... all the things!'
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Mone have some strange ideas of what a costume is when I'm not playing them. One girl was spotted wandering the neighborhood in what looked like one of her every day outfits plus a winter pompom hat and white gloves. The outfit was a tank and shorts ona cold day.
    image.png
  • Options
    Before Seasons, my Played Sims would wear what I gave them, regardless of the occasion. If it was a formal event, or a party/festival, they would wear the outfit I planned out. Now it's just all over the place. This is especially irritating because some of my families have been going to the Gallery. I put a lot of time and effort into their appearance and outfit. Some Sims I've spent an hour and a half getting just right. I see that mess and it feels like it was all just flushed away.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    It seems this happens in small ways to Sims currently being played as well. My Sim was on a Spa date and got a massage. While she was on the massage table, I noticed she had on that eyeball ring that I never use (because it's seriously tacky and I hate it.) It's not part of her outfit, I checked. She had to have put it on with the massage robe.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    There's a situation outfit added by seasons for when sims are walking by in the rain. I'm not sure if there are others (from seasons). These types of outfits will just pull clothes randomly from a category and put them on the sims who are walking by.
    The devs haven't shown any sign that they consider these outfits to be bad or undesirable in any way so my hopes for their removal are low. They've been doing this with City Living clothes for almost two years now so.. yeah.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Maybe if they get the hint that players are annoyed with it, eventually they'll do something. Also, I figure it's low on their list of priorities if they know already and ever do intend to fix it. There are other, more damaging bugs and other problems, and large-scale programming takes time. I just try to be patient but not silent. Posts like this let them at least know there's an issue.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My Sims were doing this sort of thing since CL.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    VeerrassVeerrass Posts: 12 New Member
    for me that has been hapening a long time now :D i just change them back and carry on xD
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's been happening since before city living. the funny thing is, they patch it after a while every time it happens, but then it shows up again after the next big update
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    it's been happening since before city living. the funny thing is, they patch it after a while every time it happens, but then it shows up again after the next big update

Ah yes, the neverending bug-fix cycle...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    You'd think after all the negative feedback toward terrible random outfits on both Townies and NPCs that the developers would stop introducing new situations for these horrible outfits, lol.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    There are very few things that annoy me more than the random outfits of walk-by sims. Like someone said: they feel the need to wear ALL THE THINGS! And I seriously hate that eyeball ring with a passion. I have simply deleted sims who wear it, when I really can't be bothered to remove just the ring.

Strolling by in the neighbourhood should not be considered a "situation", and the sims should wear the clothes we assign to them.
  • Options
    Oh good. I'm not the only one who hates the eyeball ring. :P
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Things have just entered the realm of the utterly ridiculous. My Sim went to WooHoo with someone in her home sauna and put on an astronaut helmet! This is getting way out of hand! The worst part is, unless there's a cheat (like with Career Outfits), there isn't a thing I can do about it.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    UnDutchableUnDutchable Posts: 41 Member
    Things have just entered the realm of the utterly ridiculous. My Sim went to WooHoo with someone in her home sauna and put on an astronaut helmet! This is getting way out of hand! The worst part is, unless there's a cheat (like with Career Outfits), there isn't a thing I can do about it.

Yeah, same here. Diego Lobo went to the sauna to Woohoo with one of my sims, and suddenly my sim was wearing a hat along with his towel. I know I didn't give him that hat for any of his outfit categories, so it's just the game deciding to randomize things again.

Also, the game completely refuses to remember the umbrellas I select for my sims. Whenever my sims walk around the neighborhood, they use the default black umbrella that all other unplayables use. Whenever I switch households, the black umbrella is selected so I have to send every sim to choose a new umbrella again. I rotate my families every week, and it's seriously annoying to do this over and over for each and every family.
  • Options
    Yeah, the other Sim mine was WooHoo'ing with was like what you described with Lobo. Blue cowboy hat, tatty leggings, sport shades. It's madness and only seems to keep getting worse. The umbrellas are no better for another reason. If they have one, they don't know when to stop using it. Rain, sun, snow, even sometimes indoors. Always with the umbrellas when they come from the stand. I've stopped using that silly thing.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    Ever since Seasons, I've noticed Sims from played households have sometimes been wearing random (and usually awful) outfits that I didn't give them when they're acting as NPCs (wandering the neighborhood when I'm working with a different household). In my created/played households, I meticulously plan every outfit for every character. It's annoying to see them wandering around wearing a ridiculous jumble of clothes that I know I didn't create. Is this some kind of bug in the Seasons pack? If so, I hope they fix it soon.

It's very annoying to the player, because we are unable to recognize our own Sims. I rotate-play a lot of households. I color code some familes' clothing so that I don't confuse them with the families of their twins', etc. Hats and sunglasses are most annoying. I agree with you, EA should get rid of it. It would be ok as an option for celebrities who want to go into town disguised, but by the player's choosing.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @MRSMEADOWBROOK I just got Seasons, and noticed that my premades, too, are wearing bizarre things I never put them in (they all have Hot/Cold clothes I designed). However, prior to that, I've also noticed since just after the patches with Get Famous launched, that Sims who go to the spa are also wearing bizarre accessories when they switch to their towels, like gloves and rings.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    This is driving me crazy! I set outfits for all categories, when I load up my game or go out in the world everyone is wearing hideous outfits. So frustrated right now with the sims.
  • Options
    My Sims random outfits got even weirder. I don't recall where it came from, but I have a CC set of head wings (like you might see on some supernatural anime characters) which are slotted to the glasses spot, so now a bunch of Sims are running around with silly little wings on their heads for no reason.
    9ndehwc.png