Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which do you like better Island Paradise or Island living ?

I like both games.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Island Living.
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Island Living. Mostly because it actually let's me play lol
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    My problem with Island Living is the lack of depth and content. If it was a 20€ GP, I'd have no problem with it, but we are talking about an EP. I like the world, I like the new water animations, the dolphins and I like the new activities that it includes (even though they lack depth in some areas), but the price is too much for what it has, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And the devs re-used previous EP animations for the activism career and the "culture" of Sulani. At this point it's not even funny. I'm ok with re-using animations as long we get a fair share of new ones. But neither of those features has any new animations... And the EP doesn't have any new systems to it. I guess the activism career where you change the world could perhaps be a hidden system, but it's not comparable to retail or the fame system, no. I don't think it was worth spending budget for that, I'd rather have content that is related to the water and the actual island living. It's really crazy, like insane really, how we didn't get underwater lots with this EP. And the cave rabbit whole is such a chore to complete...and there's not even a reward at the end.

Island Paradise is fine, it's just that the world was badly made by EA's world builders/coders. Most of the features work wonders in other worlds. It was an epic EP for TS3, and the franchise as a whole. We never had sims using boats before or travelling through the water, much less going underwater. Resorts in TS3 Island Paradise was the closest we got to Open for Business in TS3, which was also really awesome at the time. The crappy rugs only came out later and they sucked.

I think as an EP I prefer Island Paradise by far. Island Living is simply more pretty.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Island Living for sure. I only played IP for an hour or so as it’s performance was terrible and I’ve had a blast paying IL since it came out.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2019
    I like both in their own ways. Neither was nor will be my favorite expansion though (seasons so far for 4 and generations for 3). Sulani is beautiful and aesthetically knocks all worlds including sims 3 worlds out of the park. It is absolutely incredible. However the gameplay is a bit shallow for $40. I like what it comes with and the new work from home career is really cool, but I wish there was some other big gameplay feature. I wish there was more besides ocean swimming or even less rabbit holes because it was nice to mainly leave those behind until this pack.

Island paradise had some great things to do but isla paradiso was a massive mess and I could never find other good tropical worlds to use with the pack features. I never got to fully enjoy it when it came out because it lagged so bad and dive lots were a glitchy mess. I tried playing it before island living came out and it was worse than I remembered. I’m playing on a computer that plays 4 on ultra smoothly so it isn’t my computer not being good enough it’s just bad optimization. It literally started lagging/freezing every 15 seconds and was impossible to play. At least island living functions and is fun even if it needs more. If island paradise functioned it would have been better but it doesn’t for a lot of people it seems (based on what I’ve seen).

That’s why I say both. One runs well and has shallow gameplay and one runs poorly and has less shallow gameplay (even though I didn’t like running hotels I’m sorry it was so boring and the rabbit hole parts bothered me.)
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Island Living. Sulani is a beautiful world and I love the mermaids, they're so well-done. IL is a bit lacking (scuba diving being a rabbithole, routing issues (at least for me) and a few other minor annoyances. IP was a buggy mess.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Island Paradise. It’s beautiful, it has so much game play and depth and so many features that can be used in all worlds.
    Also doesn’t have simulation lag and runs fine on our PCs.

Island living is a beautiful world but has very little game play and focuses too much on gimmicks and rabbit holes. Also so much of what it has is contained to Sulani so it doesn’t feel like an expansion.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Island Paradise. It’s beautiful, it has so much game play and depth and so many features that can be used in all worlds.
    Also doesn’t have simulation lag and runs fine on our PCs.

Island living is a beautiful world but has very little game play and focuses too much on gimmicks and rabbit holes. Also so much of what it has is contained to Sulani so it doesn’t feel like an expansion.

Also why I don't like City Living as an EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I like Island Paradise more but I also like Island Living.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Island Living. Mostly because it actually let's me play lol

I'll have to agree with this. I started saves in IP several times, but couldn't play for more than a half hour before I had to give up. Didn't get to try even a fraction of what the pack featured. At least with TS4 I have no performance issues, and can enjoy all the packs fully.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Island Paradise for sure, and I can run it without any problems.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2019
    Island Paradise.
    It's too bad you had to fix so many issues to stop the lag, but as features go, I loved them.
    Also you could make use of these things in other worlds. I even made dive lots in other worlds.

It was so amazing to me that they actually attempted to take us underwater with our sims.
    It was so amazing to me that they made houseboats and that you could set sail on them an relocate them to another port and live there.
    There were quit a variety of water crafts and most held more than one person.

I really enjoy having my sim turn her scuba diving skill into a career.
    She turned her houseboat into an ocean lab ship. The mermaid is her sidekick.
    Screenshot-8790.jpg

Screenshot-8791.jpg

Screenshot-8794.jpg

Screenshot-8766.jpg

Screenshot-8767.jpg

Screenshot-8769.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    There are things about Island Paradise that are better, like diving, etc. However, it was so buggy for me, I couldn't really enjoy it. I do think the mermaids are better in Island Living, but I do miss being able to explore underwater in dive spots.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Island Paradise, without a doubt is the better of the two..
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    To me they both offer things I like.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I perfer Island Paradise as it much more to do even if it was buggy and EA/Maxis did an poor job of maintaining it. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2019
    IL, definitely. I liked IP and playe dit a lot but it constantly crashed my game. It was the last one I bought, I skipped IntoThe Future because IP nearly killed my laptop with the constant abuse.

I know a lot of people disagree but I do not miss the underwater feature. If it came out as a separate underwater world or was added as a small sub-world, yes, gimme!!! But in Paradise - it looked cool but got annoying just as fast as the buoys in IL but with added crashes. I rather take buoys than that.

I am still nervously eying the canoes and jetskis that are floating around and crossing my fingers that we won't get another ghost houseboat situation.

There is a lot more to do on dry land in IL than in IP. Hotels would have been cool but they will maybe make a great game pack similar to Dining Out and then we will be able to add resorts and hotels to all our worlds.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Island living
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    If Island Paradise weren't so buggy, I would vote for that. Island Living is quite pretty, and I enjoy my time spent there. But, it also feels lacking as far as an Expansion Pack goes.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    My problem with Island Living is the lack of depth and content. If it was a 20€ GP, I'd have no problem with it, but we are talking about an EP. I like the world, I like the new water animations, the dolphins and I like the new activities that it includes (even though they lack depth in some areas), but the price is too much for what it has, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And the devs re-used previous EP animations for the activism career and the "culture" of Sulani. At this point it's not even funny. I'm ok with re-using animations as long we get a fair share of new ones. But neither of those features has any new animations... And the EP doesn't have any new systems to it. I guess the activism career where you change the world could perhaps be a hidden system, but it's not comparable to retail or the fame system, no. I don't think it was worth spending budget for that, I'd rather have content that is related to the water and the actual island living. It's really crazy, like insane really, how we didn't get underwater lots with this EP. And the cave rabbit whole is such a chore to complete...and there's not even a reward at the end.

Island Paradise is fine, it's just that the world was badly made by EA's world builders/coders. Most of the features work wonders in other worlds. It was an epic EP for TS3, and the franchise as a whole. We never had sims using boats before or travelling through the water, much less going underwater. Resorts in TS3 Island Paradise was the closest we got to Open for Business in TS3, which was also really awesome at the time. The plum rugs only came out later and they plum.

I think as an EP I prefer Island Paradise by far. Island Living is simply more pretty.

This. I am so glad I didn't rush to buy due to hype and wait for reviews/LP's. Though IP had its issues, I felt it was still worth the effort. Nraas fixed a majority of stuff, so I didn't have too many problems. The house boats and dive lots were a good addition. Two things I'd find myself really liking about IL are the dolphins and build items, the rest just looks... I dunno, pretty. That's it. Don't even want to get into that swimming animation, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Island Paradise is fine, it's just that the world was badly made by EA's world builders/coders. Most of the features work wonders in other worlds. It was an epic EP for TS3, and the franchise as a whole. We never had sims using boats before or travelling through the water, much less going underwater. Resorts in TS3 Island Paradise was the closest we got to Open for Business in TS3, which was also really awesome at the time. The plum rugs only came out later and they plum.

This. I am so glad I didn't rush to buy due to hype and wait for reviews/LP's. Though IP had its issues, I felt it was still worth the effort. Nraas fixed a majority of stuff, so I didn't have too many problems. The house boats and dive lots were a good addition. Two things I'd find myself really liking about IL are the dolphins and build items, the rest just looks... I dunno, pretty. That's it. Don't even want to get into that swimming animation, lol.

It is all about the eye candy for me, I am waiting in dark for an good sale to happen to get it at an good price and feel I got the EP/GP for what it was really worth. If it was listed as an GP I think IP would have been an good pack and for me GT still reigns as the best EP which surprisingly for me being an pack in Sims 4 was almost perfect. However CL still reigns as the worst EP for me and IP is better. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

It is all about the eye candy and some did fall for it, I am waiting in dark for an good sale to happen to get it at an good price and feel I got the EP/GP for what it was really worth. If it was listed as an GP I think IP would have been an good pack and for me GT still reigns as the best EP which surprisingly for me being an pack in Sims 4 was almost perfect. However CL still reigns as the worst EP for me and IP is better. :)

So, according to you a player who enjoys IL has to be the sort to be satisfied with only eyecandy - shallow, hm? That's what you are heavily implying. It's one thing to say something is not to your taste or that you expected differenly or whatever. But I kindly ask you to cease insulting people for the sin of not sharing YOUR taste.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2019
    I still haven't purchased Island Living due to house expenses that I'm dealing with at the moment, but from the videos I've seen I think I'll enjoy it much more than Island Paradise.

Are the mermaids able to get pregnant and is there a chance for mermaid offspring?
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MorriSan wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

It is all about the eye candy for me, I am waiting in dark for an good sale to happen to get it at an good price and feel I got the EP/GP for what it was really worth. If it was listed as an GP I think IP would have been an good pack and for me GT still reigns as the best EP which surprisingly for me being an pack in Sims 4 was almost perfect. However CL still reigns as the worst EP for me and IP is better. :)

So, according to you a player who enjoys IL has to be the sort to be satisfied with only eyecandy - shallow, hm? That's what you are heavily implying. It's one thing to say something is not to your taste or that you expected differenly or whatever. But I kindly ask you to cease insulting people for the sin of not sharing YOUR taste.

There I fixed it for you, in regards to IP being shallow it is and I will never pay full price :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2019
    Isla Paradiso. By a long shot. I understand that the world itself was buggy for many people, but I play in custom worlds usually so that's a non-issue to me. I do play in IP, but I do have a lot of fixes in it, so the state of the world to me isn't a dealbreaker, even while playing it. IP had so much more everything -- items, gameplay, and integration with the rest of the game. There were the active careers of lifeguard and diver (though that was more getting odd jobs) plus the sandbox career of running a resort. Plus being able to own more than one property, though you could only live on one which was a shame. And you could do everything in any world. It took a bit, but people eventually even figured out how to put dive spots in all worlds.

Island Living is just, well, lacking in content. Since I personally had no problem playing in IP and since many custom worlds integrate IP stuff into it, to me, the more content the better. I think things like tanning, building sandcastles and such came with Sims 3 Seasons, so I'm not sure how to count that in the "which has more" category.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are two types of rental houses you can assign to lots in Sulani. Since there are two, and the wording is slightly different, I wonder if they were trying to add in the ability to buy vacation homes or weekend homes or something and ran out of time and/or resources.