Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THREAD CLOSED

ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
[I'm closing this thread as I think answers show the range of reactions.]

Now that time has passed, for those of you who got the pack, how are you liking it?
Post edited by ThePinkBookGirl on

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    It is a great game pack but since they sold it as an expansion pack..... That said I really am enjoying it. The limitations would have ticked me off a few years ago but now I expect it with this game. The islands are beautiful and the gameplay they did give us is well done. I haven't played in any other neighborhood since it came out.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Still not blown away, but I appreciate it a bit more than I did a week ago.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Apart from the beautiful environment, that I enjoy but am slowly getting used to, I'm liking this pack quite a lot. I haven't left Sulani much at all (only one sim has ventured out), and not played households outside of it, since release. I'm not so much doing all the water/beach stuff, but mostly things I did before IL too. Just in a different environment, but with mermaids and the cool tropical vibe. I love the BB and cas stuff.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    One of the little things I like is that almost everybody I see fits the the look. The fashion police don't have much to do here.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's pretty
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Now that time has passed, for those of you who got the pack, how are you liking it?

I'm still in love with it. Best pack ever in my opinion.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I'm still having so much fun. Definitely my favorite pack after Seasons.
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I've barely scratched the surface when it comes to exploring the features, so I'm still having a great time. It's a beautiful world and I love all the premades and the architecture style. On the other hand? I know there are development hurdles that prevent a lot of this but in my opinion IL really highlights the issues with the lack of crossover between packs (swimming for example.......)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    What I have to say is that I've been bored after one day. This is for sure not an EP. Bye good old days where it took me one month to discover everything an EP had to offer and even more for other EPs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I love it. I can't seem to get out of Sulani. I've tried to play with my other families who don't live in there, but I just want to get back to play with the Sulani folks.
  • iNikkiBeariNikkiBear Posts: 25 Member
    I think it is okay. I think they could have the mermaids a little bit better. They are sims with a tail with simple powers and can befriend a dolphin. The town is gorgeous , but game play could be slightly better. Randomized townies in Sulani kinda of take away from the immersion- but thats with any town.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    I feel that for how long this took to come out, it’s lacking a lot of gameplay. Like, I am honestly afraid of what is coming next if this is the pattern the next packs are going to follow. From what I’ve seen, I would have definitely waited until this EP got on sale or something, because it’s definitely not worth an EP price.

I don’t like that it seems as if as simmers we are being taken advantage of because we are very loyal and will buy these packs that are supposed to significantly expand the game. Not to mention, it’s $40 dollars!? I don’t know about you, but that is a lot of money for a pretty world? A pretty world that let’s me add a significantly lagging lifestate? What else exactly or how else does this EP significantly expand the game that justifies it as an EP? How was this not a GP priced as an EP? I honestly want someone to break this down to me, like, is there something I’m missing, that I’m not seeing that you are which justifies this as an EP? Someone please enlighten me?

Im not disagreeing with those that love this EP, if you do, good for you. I just want an itemized explanation or list from someone who can tell me how does this significantly expand TS4 game that it is charging $40 dollars? I just want some justification for this being an EP and not a GP. All I’m saying is that if there is none, I rest my case :smile:

Also, the fact that the patch included most of the expansion of this game, like, that’s where I’m confused that this is an EP and not a GP.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I like it, but it's not enough for an EP. If they'd sold it as a GP I'd be happier.
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    I love it. The details are fantastic and it adds a lot to my gameplay. The location and related objects are unique looking and fit, the Islanders are not interchangable with other regions' Sims. The new waterfront lots keep me occupied but most of the lots are challenging to build on.

The off the grid play is buggy but interesting and occupying, it makes me rediscover my Sim's daily grind and provides a challenge.

I haven't played mermaids or sought them out, but that's just me and my playstyle, I was never much into fantasy lifestyles. But there is still so much else to explore.

So yes, one week of lots of play and I'm nowhere near through!

On the negative side: the bugs are legion and more are creeping up. I would be over the moon and totally satisfied if they get rid of the glitches.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Having a lot of fun with it still and have put in way too many hours simming this week. It's boosted my engagement with the full game overall. It's like another piece to the puzzle and something different to engage with at the same time.
    I fell in love with the premade/locals and after playing them I've had to backtrack and play many other premades in other worlds that I never actively played, so that's given me a further appreciation for the game. When I play in other worlds the played families always end up with the Island Spirits trait as a lot trait... I'm really enjoying the boost it gives me starting off a family and since I'm circling premade families it's needed. When not in Sulani I'm sending most other families there to a general lot I set up for "vacationing". I really like that it's more laid back and they can come and go as they please for a day, or weekend, or of course just a household member or two can go, leaving the rest behind.
    I also use the bar there often and my sims rarely go to bars. I'm really enjoying the pop up events also.. I like that they are not drop down or in your face like the festivals or invite phone calls, you just have to know to keep your eyes open for them. I haven't seen them all so looking forward to running into them. I still haven't played out the careers or anything like that very far, but those are always on the backburner gameplay wise unless they are active. I haven't played a lot of the things in the pack yet actually that I know or have heard is there. I mostly focused on water activities, and beach activities so far.
    I'm also liking what they did with fishing in the game I think it's an over all patched in thing, but having fun with that and figuring out what areas can be waded into.
    I also had a mermaid take up residence in the city.. it's an interesting twist, be sure to get them a bathtub. Makes me want to play out the Splash movie but think I'll stick to or try to stick to one save for awhile.
    Still a lot to see and explore. I'm just enjoying the additions to the game the pack has brought.
    egTcBMc.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't regret buying it, because I really wanted an Island pack and I do like the content. But it seems less like an expansion. I know everyone is saying it feels like a game pack, but I disagree. What it plays like to me is one of those worlds you can buy on The Sims 3 Store. So to me a price tag of USD 30-35 would have been more appropriate, but I am fine with it. The world (+ocean swimming), CAS, BB and the new style of builds it allows are all I wanted out of an Island pack.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I bought IL in a bundle so it was definitely worth the cost of that alone. The world is beautiful and I love the mermaid gameplay but there are glitches/simulation lag/routing issues and minor annoyances. I was trying to drown another sim (for story purposes) with my mermaid and was disappointed that she couldn't kill him. The pack would be better if the issues with routing and bugs/glitches, etc were fixed. And actually allow the mermaids to USE their powers to their full extent instead of glitching/canceling out.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think we need to be realistic. This pack doesn't have enough to justify the 40€ price. I regret buying it full price. The features it comes with are nice, but they lack depth, the pack re-uses previous EP animations for most of it's main features and there's way too many rabbit holes which loading screens were suppose to extinguish. The world is gorgeous, congrats to the world team and whoever animated swimming, but there's barely any new gameplay.

Yeah like I said on the survey : the animations team (for swimming not the re used ones), the world, the CAS and the Build & Buy mode teams do an amazing job! It's not the case for the gameplay team.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    MorriSan wrote: »
    I love it. The details are fantastic and it adds a lot to my gameplay. The location and related objects are unique looking and fit, the Islanders are not interchangable with other regions' Sims. The new waterfront lots keep me occupied but most of the lots are challenging to build on.

The off the grid play is buggy but interesting and occupying, it makes me rediscover my Sim's daily grind and provides a challenge.

I haven't played mermaids or sought them out, but that's just me and my playstyle, I was never much into fantasy lifestyles. But there is still so much else to explore.

On the negative side: the bugs are legion and more are creeping up. I would be over the moon and totally satisfied if they get rid of the glitches.

I don't think off the grid even comes with this ''EP'' *cough* I meant GP at an EPs price.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I don't think off the grid even comes with this ''EP'' *cough* I meant GP at an EPs price.

It's a BG lot trait, it's not from the EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2019

That's your opinion, I don't share it. I'm busy playing with all the new stuff. It fits my playstyle wonderfully and I think it is worth the price. Would I be happier of it was cheaper? Yes, of course who would complain about getting something for less money.

And the OTG feature is perfect for Sulani and was introduced ingame with a Sulani plot - a natural spot for it to lack electricity and running water. If not on a ravaged plot of land high up near a volcanoe, then where? I can picture it in the desert as well or as a feature of a modern paganism or a life choice or a poor sim but that does not cheapen the Sulani connection FOR ME. It was part of a free patch, yes, like the lounge chairs as a lot trait. So what? It still adds to my enjoyment.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top