Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

Comments

• sweetkelseysweetkelsey Posts: 118 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Your evergreen story was beautiful... when is part 2 coming out?
  • schipperkeschipperke Posts: 41 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I understand what you're saying here. It bugs me too. :(
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited December 2009
    well, on the bright side...at least I didn't loose all the skilling and rebuilding I just did. I have to go play again...need a screenie before I can put up Chapter Ten.
  • MozzerMozzer Posts: 359 New Member
    edited December 2009
    A new update and finally Utopia has moved on to Part Two.

http://utopialegacy.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/life-and-death-2-1/
  • dlegrowdlegrow Posts: 347 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Bean, you are making me nervous that my game will suddenly start crashing... I'm glad you save frequently; I'll have to make a note to do that.

Mozzer, I love the update! Kyle deserves to have Miranda around forever and always but the drama-craving side of me is dying for her to leave him behind with the girls. :lol: I'm just mean, I guess, but either way, the update was very enjoyable. :)

I have a question to those of you here: Does anyone use Twallan's StoryProgression mod? It seems really awesome, but I've only really seen one person's opinion about it on the forums. Any thoughts?

Lastly, no word yet on when the next Meyve chapter will be released. Sorry all. :(

> dl.
    edited December 2009
    oohh, an update! I'm off to read it!

Oh, and I just posted Chapter 10: Onion the Heartbreaker!
    edited December 2009
    Loved the update Mozzer!
    Aww, make sure you let us know when your update is out dlegrow!
  • BlueChanBlueChan Posts: 1,600 New Member
    edited December 2009
    dlegrow wrote:
    I have a question to those of you here: Does anyone use Twallan's StoryProgression mod? It seems really awesome, but I've only really seen one person's opinion about it on the forums. Any thoughts?
    I can help out here. I've been using Twallan's story progression mod for a while now. It's absolutely amazing, and it lets you customize so many different aspects of the game. I've had no issues with it so far, and I'm very impressed with it. My town has continued to boom and expand, and shows no signs of slowing down.

If you have any specific questions about it, or an aspect of it, I'd be happy to answer with a more detailed opinion of that aspect.
    edited December 2009
    BlueChan wrote:
    dlegrow wrote:
    I can help out here. I've been using Twallan's story progression mod for a while now. It's absolutely amazing, and it lets you customize so many different aspects of the game. I've had no issues with it so far, and I'm very impressed with it. My town has continued to boom and expand, and shows no signs of slowing down.

If you have any specific questions about it, or an aspect of it, I'd be happy to answer with a more detailed opinion of that aspect.

I'm interested in dl this mod...I am so sick of having a glithcy game...
    edited December 2009
    edited December 2009
    For Clairezy!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1702383

Oh and wouldn't you know that Onion would get into quiet a lot of trouble in game:

Screenshot-28.jpg
    I think the cop has a crush on him, she wouldn't stop staring/smiling at him!

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg
    He knows he's cool...and I think its going to his head...lol

And Last but NOT LEAST!!!

This Face Palm moment has been brought to you by Onion Rotten!
    Screenshot-32-1.jpg
    edited December 2009
    One more finale bump before signing off for the night...

G'night

~Bean~
  • VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Guess what?! It's done! Finally! EPISODE III! :mrgreen:

Episode III: Shadow of the Limelight

It's just the first part of episode 3 for right now. It ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would, so I broke it up into parts. Also, it isn't up on the official site's story board, so don't look for it there yet.

Spark Stories
    Solace - Official Thread
  • Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited December 2009
    So many update's so little time! >_<

@mozzer~ your story telling is so real and dramatic in such a painfully sweet and sad way. It always makes me think my sims have life so easy. Which they do I'm so nice to them. >_> I hope the twins grow up beautifully!

@Bean~ I loved everything about this update and the pictures you posted here thank you so much! ^_^ Onion looks great and you've got his 'I'm so great' personality pegged. Reading this chapter makes me miss his 'teen-ness' so much! Oh and I downloaded Orange and bought her top! ^..^

@Vera~ an update from you? no way! I'm going to go read it now!

yay it's like christmas!!!! So manny fabulous updates!
  • SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Your evergreen story was beautiful... when is part 2 coming out?

Hopefully by Jan 1st. I am under the weather at the moment, so I haven't been all that active.
    Oh, and I just love your avatar! lol. So cute.

To The Rest

Thank you for supporting this forum post!! I see I have a lot of update reading to catch up on. Once my fever goes down and I can stay on the computer for more than five minutes I'll be doing that. lol.

Also, thank you guys for the wishes for me to get better. It really means a lot.

The thing is that when I get sick, I get sick.
    Partly has to do with my illness that I have had since I was three years old. bleeeeeeh.

I will be trying to keep posting on this forum whenever I can. Mother has me on a tight leash.
    And I have been forced to eat Chicken Noodle Soup. D:

Later, all.

Swishy
    edited December 2009
    Morning Everyone!

Thank you to everyone who read my update...and a special thanks to all that commented on my story!

And I have special plans for Onion in my story... :wink:
  • TW1996TW1996 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hello again!! Just bumping around and seeing if anyone has sims to show me!!
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited December 2009
    I updated the sim story I'm working on with a conclusion (it was meant to be a mini-series). Click on my siggy to go the story page.
  • Inferno7SimInferno7Sim Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2009
    You raise a good point, many good stories are ignored on the Exchange while other "OMH LOL ROFL" stories are recomended like crazy. Oh well..haha. Btw read your story, and enjoyed it. It was original, and pretty well written. Even though I don't usually read just regular stories (I prefer legacies and other challenges) p.s. don't mean to sound desperate but I have a very new legacy of my own up, only one chapter so far though.
  • twilightsim9twilightsim9 Posts: 4,899 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh no! Not the chicken noodle! Hope you get well soon, Swish!!!

Has anyone gotten CAW yet? Its confusing... :|
  • dlegrowdlegrow Posts: 347 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Phew! I first tried to post this reply at 10AM, and the forum is finally letting me now at 9PM. :evil: It must know that I had to uninstall everything Sims related. Yes, that's correct--uninstall everything Sims related. I can't reinstall for the next four months (until school is over), so I'm apologizing for the discontinuation of the Meyves. I'll still be checking the forums and all that jazz, but won't have an update for a story until May or so. :( I haven't decided if I'll continue with the Meyves or start a new story entirely... But anyways, on to the replies:
    BlueChan wrote:
    dlegrow wrote:

Thanks BlueChan! That's all I really need to know for now, I think...

Bean, I get so excited every time I read one of your updates, and I can never wait to read the next one!

Vera, I'm so happy that you've finally posted an update! It was very good, and I'm curious to see what will happen in the new world and how/when Lily will get back home. I love all the picture editing you do. I think I may have to invest in PhotoShop or something and start editing my little heart out. :P

> dl.
    edited December 2009
    I downlaoded CAW. Very confusing and difficult to use. I think I'll stick to using other people's worlds. I'm not much of a visual person. I don't even do much building.
  • VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited December 2009
    dlegrow wrote:
    Vera, I'm so happy that you've finally posted an update! It was very good, and I'm curious to see what will happen in the new world and how/when Lily will get back home. I love all the picture editing you do. I think I may have to invest in PhotoShop or something and start editing my little heart out. :P

Thanks very much! :mrgreen:

I love Photoshop, don't know what I'd do without it.
    edited December 2009
    Swishy, I hope you feel better soon. I don't have a physical illness but I have Asperger's Syndrome and anxiety and have sometimes missed university classes for reasons related to this. Sometimes I get sensory overload and can't really be in public places. Basically, when this happens every noise makes me want to shut down and I need to be in a quiet place.

I abruptly finished my sim story so readers on TS3 could find out what happend. However, I plan on doing an expanded and improved version on its own website. I will probably use Wordpress and continue with my Zeppelin123 screenname. I will let you guys know when I have it up.

• MozzerMozzer Posts: 359 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Firstly I would like to thank you all for the comments, interest and praise. It's what's keeps me going! :mrgreen:

And secondly I just want to inform you that I am working on a major update, so it might take a few days before it's up on the blog but when it will it will be great!

And thirdly, I love this thread :D