Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ugly townies bother you? Do you find townies ugly?

1234568...Next

Comments

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    Every time one of my sims gets a call for a blind date they are always matched up with one of these eyesores. Pear shaped guys with weird mustaches and horrible clothes, and even my "good" sims get matched up with sims with horrible personalities. Every now and again I accept a call thinking "maybe it won't be so bad". Last night my sim got asked on a blind date and he took one look at her and flirted with the bartender instead. I didn't even think she was that bad looking compared to some of the others I've seen but his reaction was pretty much "No way!", so I just ended the date and sent him out to the club.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    Sometimes I cherry-pick the nicest looking townies, and other times all they need are slight clothing adjustments or cosmetic improvements ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    All/most townies are ugly. It really bothers me.
    Most of the townies are, hmm not really ugly, but boring looking. I feel like they always have the same faces, and I hate this male pear body shape.
    Of course, normal humans are not all buff hotties, but I just dont like this type of body on my sims. So sometimes if I am in the mood, I pick some townies and change them. I make skinny and slim and big and athletic looking Sims, whatever I feel like. And I also change the face a lot, give them wider noses or smaller ones, whatever.
    Also I change some of them to be pale redheads or super dark skin, whatever I feel them to be.
    Some stay indian or asian, but I want diversity. I use a mod to control the generating of the sims, so the game stops popping out one million of townies per gaming session.
    There is one Sim I never changed, Erika Sakamoto, my babysitter. She was generated beautiful. But everyone else gets some tweaks.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    kj14gid.png
    yet another piece of pearshaped garbage spawned (the guy with the dreads and that godawful moustache -.-)...btw why does the game spawn so many elders anyways??? -.- and the game had the audacity to try and have one of my females do an autonomous flirty greeting on this atrocity! thank god i was able to stop it from happening! i hate it so much when the game tries to decide for me whom to greet! who said i wanted to know this plum??? to have him spam those aggrevating calls all day and drop into my home without my permission?? i don't think so!

this type of random generated sim is what really bothers me. Always the freaking pearshaped elders invading in droves every single time. it drives me insane and is the main reason why i just stick to my own lot these days unless i want to try and meet peeps i actually want to know...but the random vermin already pretty much dominates the world once again...

I see a lot of middle-age/elders men like that in my real life city.
    News in......
    Sims keeping up with latest research!!
    "New US research suggests that postmenopausal women who carry weight around their middle, known as "apple-shaped," may have a greater risk of cardiovascular disease than "pear-shaped" women who carry weight in their legs, even if body weight is normal."
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited July 2019
    Some townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    I think "ugly" townies are more realistic, honestly. Alexander Goth produces some... interesting looking children.

The random clothing though, does bother me. I'm too lazy to change every single townie though, so I just seethe until if/when they join my main families.
  • SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    I agree with the fact that this makes the game more realistic, and at the end of the day, I don't want a world full of perfect sims too. However and since I use mods, some sims have literally every single mod on them, and that makes them really weird. But even if they don't wear mods, they are still not dressed... very well (ex. They wear a swimsuit as an everyday outfit, or don't wear pants...It's pretty common the last few days for some reason lol)
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2019
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    I agree with the fact that this makes the game more realistic, and at the end of the day, I don't want a world full of perfect sims too. However and since I use mods, some sims have literally every single mod on them, and that makes them really weird. But even if they don't wear mods, they are still not dressed... very well (ex. They wear a swimsuit as an everyday outfit, or don't wear pants...It's pretty common the last few days for some reason lol)

If onl;y they were just "outside the mainstream box"... i would actually applaud that like i did the Bunch family in ts 3 for example or the less than perfect population of Twinbrook and Starlight Shores: almost all the premades there were anything but models, but at least they looked like humans you'd encounter irl. the same can not be said for the majority of ts 4 random spawns...and tbh they are not that diverse as you think: too many same old pear males, obese women and almost all of them have asian, and now with Sulani Polynesian/Hawaian? names.

but when almost all the male randoms in half your saves have that same old tiny shoulder/huge hips body and incredibly mismatching names/skintones/haircolors? yeah… that is not realistic at all imo. the sims RNG was never good at outfitting new/aging sims but ts4 really excells at creating the most abnormal looking sims i have ever seen! and trust me..i have seen a lot of oddballs in ts 3! but the ts 4 randoms really take the cake >.< just for example:
    ZV0EOmQ.png

now...does this look like a young adult to you??? because he actually is one…. i seriously mistook him for an elder untill i hovered over him and saw he was a YA...

i do admit the females are less terrible...sure a lot could use a new outfit and a trip to the gym, but i found some gems among them… but males?? noop.. never saw a good looking one at all, in fact..i am already stunned if the game even manages to spawn a normal looking guy! as in: not a weird genetic hybrid or a young adult who looks like an elder or middle aged couch potato
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2019
    Most townies are not ugly.
    Most townies are not ugly but the game makes them look bad by putting them in terrible outfits with weird makeup and accessories. I don't think that randomly generated townies are any uglier than most of the Maxis pre-made Sims.

I never like to see a townie with the darkest skin-tone with blonde or bright red hair. The townies that I see with this combination often have decent traits so I fix them up first.

I generally keep random townies that have interesting names, traits, or aspirations. Many of these later become playable Sims.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Most townie are attractive. I like it.
    I love me some townies. :smile:

The only thing I don't like is when they repeat first names. I often change those so that people will have distinctive names.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    For me, giving the townies makeovers is more about their fashion sense. Granny wearing fishnets and a granny sweater with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shorts and knee high pink boots.