Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What venue types do you have the most of?

RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
excluding residential, what venue types do you have the most of?
And why? And how many venues do you have, do you have at least one of each?
So many questions!!!
Since these polls are limited to 10 options, please comment.

So far I got:
10 Parks (I often use the park venue for things like churches, graveyards, playgrounds and so on, so they aren't really all traditional parks)
9 Rentals (those are all the rentals that came with the expansions)
8 Lounges (I actually visit those alot, I got alot of musicians and entertainers, they need to make money and fame!)
7 Bars (one of them a bowling alley)
5 Nightclubs
3 Spas
3 Museums
3 Libraries
2 Karaoke Bars
2 Gyms
2 Pools
2 Retails
2 Restaurants
2 Cafes
1 Vet
and 0 Generics (they seem pretty useless?)
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

What venue types do you have the most of? 110 votes

Arts Center
0%
Bar (incl. bowling alleys)
19%
alexspoom13overonKelleygirlIsb917BloosmooKementariluthienrisingLustianiciaFebruary11papertongueiNikkiBearSummerStreakOEII1001Teslachick2NindigoMoaMondaystorminmayDianesimssimms745 21 votes
Pool
1%
alanmichael1coolsim9999999 2 votes
Gym
7%
zagboorulesduhboy2u2elelunicySo_MoneyRememberJoykr823izecsonPrink34320V2 8 votes
Park (national and general)
14%
SikoahGracemcruddgothprincess4evertaydevFLaurieSindocatAlbaWaterhouseSheriSim57louloucat_momListentoToppDoggRavenSpitthenameslynith13SimAlexandrianetney52ihaveaplaniswear 16 votes
Library
1%
ScobreEA_Mai 2 votes
Lounge
1%
deedles64FanPhoria 2 votes
Museum
0%
MasonGamer 1 vote
Nightclub
5%
WyrrenAngelluluEmmpCJSimmieAriaMad2AngeliqueAdelaide 6 votes
other (please comment)
47%
Akl500PFrn0731Bluefairy286GalacticGalIceyJBlkBarbiegalMeteoraStormsimgirl1010Paigeisin5SimpkinNivyxHIstoricgalHumility925fallenangel66Missmagoo2EvaliynHermitgirljooxisdomina89Oldeseadogge 52 votes

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    other (please comment)
    Retail and restaurants. I like to send my sims out shopping and to eat.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    other (please comment)
    I have multiple saves but in general I tend to have a lot of restaurants because I like having variety with them when I send my sims out to eat.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurants. In pretty much any save. I like the variety of food/atmosphere.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurants, night clubs and bars are what I seem to have most of.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    It's probably close between bars and gyms, but including bowling alleys (why not make it a lot type, Maxis?), I probably have more bars.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    other (please comment)
    every type of restaurants. My Sims love to eat ;)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurants all the way.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Gym
    Miss-clicked, I actually meant to click Parks. I try to evenly balanced what lots are available, and keep some replaceable in case of a new lot type being added, but I have an extra park dedicated to Romantic Garden Stuff.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    other (please comment)
    I have a big bunch of restaurants.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2019
    other (please comment)
    I have atleast 1 restaurant in every world (in Newcrest it's even 3), with each having a different theme.
    Post edited by Huiiie_07 on
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurants
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    other (please comment)
    I haven't added or removed anything that's there by default, I've only added a restaurant and a spa I've found in the gallery, since there are none pre-made in the game.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    other (please comment)
    I don't even really touch my public lots lol I'm too busy playing and suck at building, that's why. I've wanted to download some lots and have a few but there's always some problem with downloaded lots so I don't like them. So whatever the game originally has, I have.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    other (please comment)
    The only venue I have added to my game is a church. Otherwise I just use whatever came with my game and the packs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurant. I make them have different menus, so there is more reason to have several.

Second would be wedding venues, which I set to generic and then right before a wedding I switch to lounge or nightclub so I get free bartenders and/or djs, and afterwards change back so my clubs don't randomly select that venue.

I try to have a good variety of bars, parks, art centers, libraries, pools, spas, gyms, museums and cafes for my clubs that have those set as "any" of that venue for a hangout. Mostly that seems to mean 3-4.

I do have a few lounges, and the fewest night clubs.

• fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    other (please comment)
    Mostly restaurants for me I have a whole neighborhood in Newcrest.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    other (please comment)
    If you mean overall, whatever EA has provided plus the ones I make. If you mean the ones self-made, then I generally do combination flagged as restaurant. As an example, I made a restaurant called 'Ladybird Landing'. It also has a bar/lounge, small gym, moderate sized reading/quiet game room, and 4 rooms for sleeping I've given similar treatment to Vlad's house after kicking him out.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurants. I have all the Maxis restaurants in-game, one spa, the normal lots and a bowling alley. My two graveyards are generic.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Gym
    Gyms. I like building them. Even though nobody ever uses the pools or basketball courts I add.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Bars. A slow-paced, cultural spot to wind down and not do anything useful besides socializing and having fun. I like to add all kinds of activities (some more controversial than others) and to make a section of them a club hangout.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Park (national and general)
    I am a Parks guy. A town can't have too many. Mine usually have a side-focus: a playground, a community garden, a yoga/meditation area. But Parks are infinitely adaptable and seem to be my go-to lot type.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    other (please comment)
    Restaurants as well with bars coming in second although Ive been meaning to replace a few as I tend to use restaurants, lounges and nightclubs more when my sims go out boozing.
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    What are rentals? @RavenSpit
    VbXPSzu.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Nightclub
    Arialisims wrote: »
    What are rentals? @RavenSpit
    Rentals are lots you can have your sims stay at for a certain amount of time. They come with Outdoor Retreat and Island Living (I think. It could’ve been added in a patch for everyone too.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€