Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New sims 2 player, need ideas & tips!

Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
Really late to the game... I played The Sims 1 until 2014 when I got the Sims 3. A few years later I got TS4. Recently I went thrifting and got The Sims 2 as well as all of the EPs except for Open for Business. I've been having trouble jumping into it because I've been a little burned out on sims games lately. Any ideas?? I love creating sims but playing remade sims seems more fun because of how ts2 is. I want to be able to use all of my expansions easily. Suggestions are appreciated!
F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
-Nick Mason (Official)

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Really late to the game... I played The Sims 1 until 2014 when I got the Sims 3. A few years later I got TS4. Recently I went thrifting and got The Sims 2 as well as all of the EPs except for Open for Business. I've been having trouble jumping into it because I've been a little burned out on sims games lately. Any ideas?? I love creating sims but playing remade sims seems more fun because of how ts2 is. I want to be able to use all of my expansions easily. Suggestions are appreciated!

First of all - try to learn what things cause corruption and steer clear of doung those things - you can enjoy your hoods for much longer. :)

If you can get a megahood you can play all hoods from all EP's at once. :) That gives you a lot of crossover opportunities inbetween, which is really cool. :)
    Banner.png
  • ChoerrysRoachChoerrysRoach Posts: 35 Member
    Research what causes corruption it can be really bad when it happens, you can lose all your hard work.

I suggest learning the base game first, like create a sim live her life then you can go on vacation with her family maybe send her teen to university which is a great experience, You can do a lot of great things with Sims 2. Enjoy :blush:
    chips-ahoy-chipsahoy-chi-literally-nobody-chips-ahoy-stan-loona-45479729.png
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    I think The Sims 2 is awesome for the pre-made neighborhoods as a start to the game.

A lot of families from The Sims 1 have their roots in families from most of the neighborhoods, but Pleasantview has the most connections I think. Bob & Betty's child is there, the Goth family, and some other fun folks. Strangetown is also a really interesting neighborhood to play and experiment with (plus the story connects back to the Goths in Pleasantview...won't tell you how in case of spoilers!).
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Highly recommend move your starter family into apartment, it's a whole brand-new gameplay experience in Sims2 that I found it very interesting and real!
    4kTG3iX.png