Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CREEPY invite!! (???)

My very pregnant sim & her husband live in Sulani and their friends text and call them often. Now and then, a stranger will call inviting them to join a club.

At 2AM, just seconds before my sim went into labor, this woman called her (I couldn't see her name anywhere and didn't recognize her) - the invite was to sylvan glade and the message was something along the lines of:

"We have something amazing for you! Come and see, you don't want to miss out! You are going to love it! Hurry up!"

I should have clicked yes just to see but I hadn't saved in awhile and got a creepy feeling (obviously nobody in the sims is going to steal my baby but it still gave off that vibe lol)

Anyone got this before? If so, what is the "amazing" thing?

Comments

• miershykmiershyk Posts: 1 New Member
    I've gotten this before as well though I'm not sure if it's a CC mod related thing. Do you have event mods installed or nothing? I have my sims accept the invite (first time to Forgotten Grotto, second time another sims to Sylvan Glade), except my issue with this social event is that my sims ended up being super uncomfortable and then puking. They can't leave and go home (it gives me Last Exception) unless I cancel the social event.

I'm also curious to know if anyone else other than us have experience this invite as well (whether they accept or not).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    :open_mouth: I want to know so bad what is going on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    CREEPY! Is this some alien abduction in secret or something? Never had this before, but I will surely not bring my decent homely sims there :D
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Sounds... eerie.
    I’m so doing this if it comes up.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    My very pregnant sim & her husband live in Sulani and their friends text and call them often. Now and then, a stranger will call inviting them to join a club.

At 2AM, just seconds before my sim went into labor, this woman called her (I couldn't see her name anywhere and didn't recognize her) - the invite was to sylvan glade and the message was something along the lines of:

"We have something amazing for you! Come and see, you don't want to miss out! You are going to love it! Hurry up!"

I should have clicked yes just to see but I hadn't saved in awhile and got a creepy feeling (obviously nobody in the sims is going to steal my baby but it still gave off that vibe lol)

Anyone got this before? If so, what is the "amazing" thing?

Do you have KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life mod? It's from that I think.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Your sim just got invited to a cult and they want the essence of a mother who had undergone a fresh childbirth

Oh, that's First-Class CREEPY!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2019
    Maxis are going to have to lessen these invites. I am getting them every few hours just when my Sims is getting in the red zone. I did go to the Ghost night at the bar though with all 7 companions to go with me for backup! All the the ghosts were sitting around and chatting.

Adding insult to injury, it was Lottery day and one of the Ghosts my Sim made a friend with won it. I didn't find this out until I was checking her friends out later. That's not only creepy but Lottery Fraud in my honest opinion. :#:'(

The last time I did the Lottery in the game I got the Sim I was playing with to marry the winner.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Maxis are going to have to lessen these invites. I am getting them every few hours just when my Sims is getting in the red zone. I did go to the Ghost night at the bar though with all 7 companions to go with me for backup! All the the ghosts were sitting around and chatting.

Adding insult to injury, it was Lottery day and one of the Ghosts my Sim made a friend with won it. I didn't find this out until I was checking her friends out later. That's not only creepy but Lottery Fraud in my honest opinion. :#:'(

The last time I did the Lottery in the game I got the Sim I was playing with to marry the winner.

This one's not a Maxis invite - it's mod-generated (Slice of Life by KawaiiStacie).
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

This one's not a Maxis invite - it's mod-generated (Slice of Life by KawaiiStacie).

The game's creepy enough without mods. That's one I am keeping well clear of especially as the Aliens have abducted my female Sim and she is now pregnant!
  • rrdkedrrdked Posts: 3 New Member
    I have the slice of life mod and was also was invited to Sylvan Glade. And I have a husband and wife (husband is a vampire and the wife is pregnant). It was a ghost inviting them (though the invitation was worded differently from yours). The husband was invited, but I had the wife go, too. Now they are all just standing there chatting and intermittently vomiting (the ghost keeps vomiting too). I just had them stay, because I was hoping there was some sort of propose to meeting this ghost in this location...less than two hours left in the event, so I guess we'll see if anything happens!
  • rrdkedrrdked Posts: 3 New Member
    The moment the event ended, their moods went back to normal and they went back home. Nothing happened.. :'(
  • theaethanrealmtheaethanrealm Posts: 62 Member
    I got an invite saying "I dialed a random number and this is what came up. I guess that means we should get to know each other, right?" and it was from adult-aged Johnny Zest to my teen girl in the middle of the night. It seemed super sus, but my sim is quite curious so she decided to go. She arrived at the Sylvan Glade with Johnny and a random townie, but here's the weird part. She's not pregnant or sick and didn't eat anything bad, but she couldn't stop throwing up. I was in the Glade with the toilet and I think she threw up in the toilet about 7 times and on the ground about 4 times. When she returned home, she was completely fine. KawaiiStacie, what's hid about...
    origin id - theaethanrealm
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    My sims have gotten these invites. First one was an invite by Don Caliente and since my sim was new on the scene I figured he would be a sure thing, right? WRONG! That stinkface ended up being mean to her and by the end of the "date/creepy invite" they were arch enemies. That's ok later on when she got a man he chewed him up and spit ol'Don Juan out on his plum.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    This is the kinda of thing you would see in The Sims 1 without mods. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cinnamonpuppicinnamonpuppi Posts: 1 New Member
    This just happened to me. It was midnight and my sim was about to go to sleep when he got an invite to Sylvan Grove from Brytani Cho (who's a proper celebrity, so he can't talk to her or anything). I think the message said something like 'I need you to meet me here. I know I'm a stranger, but I don't bite.' I had him go and now they're standing there, vomiting over and over. I know it's because of Slice of Life but it's actually pretty creepy.
  • fereldenherofereldenhero Posts: 10 New Member
    Okay I understand this is from a mod, but does anyone know the logic of it? Are your sims being drugged/poisoned? Is there a name or description of the event from the modder? Or is simply just... an event where you puke continually and then go home?

Just interested if there's a story element or "reason" as to why your sims puke. Very eerie either way.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    This is the kinda of thing you would see in The Sims 1 without mods. 😂

Hahaha so true!

34eup8z.png

GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I've gotten this invite before in my game a couple of times and I have 0 mods... This is from EA. 🤷‍♀️
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    The dropoff has been made, you've been warned, message from Sims1 seemed to precede inconvenient things like flies, getting robbed, etc. Or maybe it was my imagination. But I did and do love the unexpected in the game. To a point... hearing that Vlad gets to be quite a pest, has kept me from getting Vampires so far.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    rrdked wrote: »
    I have the slice of life mod and was also was invited to Sylvan Glade. And I have a husband and wife (husband is a vampire and the wife is pregnant). It was a ghost inviting them (though the invitation was worded differently from yours). The husband was invited, but I had the wife go, too. Now they are all just standing there chatting and intermittently vomiting (the ghost keeps vomiting too). I just had them stay, because I was hoping there was some sort of propose to meeting this ghost in this location...less than two hours left in the event, so I guess we'll see if anything happens!

Yep, I got this same invite but to Sixam and the same thing happened, I just figured it was something to do with the alien atmosphere, lol. They were miserable throughout the entire thing but, somehow, got happy moodlets from attending when the event ended.

Never again.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... hope this will happen to my sims, would love to see this ingame :)
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member

Well, fairies are known to sometimes steal human babies and since there are fairies in Sylvan Glade, you never know ;)
  • monkeymajic2008monkeymajic2008 Posts: 1 New Member
    Haha, the same thing just happened to me. My two sims Audrey and Ethan had just got married and later that evening Audrey get this call of a random sim saying "I dialed a random number and you answered, i guess we should get to know each other!" He had invited me to Forgotten Grotto and i was quit intrigued so i went. It was normal for about five minutes but than another random sim shows up and everyone starts vomiting, Mind you Audrey was pregnant but even a pregnant sim wouldn't vomit as much as she did. The thing thats creeped me out the most though was when the townie sim that randomly showed up died and the grim reaper appears in the world. I left straight after because i had the feeling my sim would be next. (I know it has something to do with the slice Of Life Mod) but its still eerie.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks going to close this thread off as it's been inactive for quite some time.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top