The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS121 - Breaking Out Of The Box

@mannanna
    DDVROe9.png
    Desert Den is a fantastic modern structure which blends in beautifully with it's surroundings. The neutral tones and stucco walls of the exterior are true to Mediterranean style as are the various types of fenestration. Excellent choice of landscaping, again very appropriate for this climate. It's also a great idea going for the 'boxy' shape of the house, it will be like home from home for the family. You have manipulated the terrain tool very well to create a 'dip' in which to site the house. This gives a little privacy from the roadway and adds more interest to the build. I love the pergola covering the patio, the dappled shade looks fabulous in the seated area and I also like how the bbq dining is placed higher up, this differentiates the areas very well. The interior layout is quite unusual but wonderfully unique and works well. The stone walls are a great idea to keep the rooms cool and also add character. The moo'd dining table is perfect for such a large family and they will be very comfortable in the cosy living room. The 'Galley' kitchen is well stocked and a good size and the little study nook for the children is really lovely. All the bedrooms are decorated and furnished well in fresh aqua shades and it was very thoughtful to provide a 'Casita' for the older sister to give her a little personal space.

Suggestions: I feel the outdoor living areas are a little sparse and could be embellished perhaps with more family clutter or further activity. The easel and activity desk which is on the landing would be perfect here.

@AlJay
    OHBmCxy.jpg
    Living Outside The Box is a fabulous new traditional family home, wonderfully suburban and contemporary. The monotone shades of the exterior contrast well with the fenestration and the greenery at the front enhances the build. Excellent roof structure and the high fencing around the backyard provides privacy and security for the family. I really love the bbq patio, very unique and stylish and the stepping stones leading to the garden are a great touch. Going inside is a lovely open plan layout which ensures much space for the living areas. The aqua theme is clean and fresh and works well with the dark furnishings. Fantastic idea to have a mud room off the kitchen and I really like how this leads to the garage/workshop. You have made good use of the debug items here to create a very realistic space. The childrens bedrooms are absolutely gorgeous, very well designed and decorated, great use of 'moo' to create a changing unit in the nursery. Fantastic idea to incorporate a playroom, such a colourful and fun space with many activities for the children to participate in and as you say this could be a further bedroom in future.

Suggestions: The backyard has many different activities for the family but I feel they are all in one 'room'. Create pathways using terrain paint to link to the various areas and/or use hedging/fencing or even planted flower beds to divide the spaces. I think this will add more interest to the garden.

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @mannanna

oRBY6HK.jpg?3

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Congrats @mannanna ! Your home is beautiful
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations @mannanna. Well done! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Congratulations @mannanna! You did a wonderful job :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Congrats! Both homes are lovely!!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Thank you all for the congrats and @BuildnShare for the suggestions. :)
    HVCdrRO.png

Established for #BnS 121 - Breaking Out of the Box

@Swcheppes
    0YvGgdH.png
    Full House is a wonderful family home with great curb appeal. The blue is pleasant on the eyes as you approach it, and the colors used throughout the home are subtle. Great job on creating a house this size with such a limited budget! I like all the little areas with clutter; this allows you to see a little bit into the family members’ personalities. Looking at your layout, it seems like a lot of thought was put into where the family members should be staying.

Suggestions:
    I think a little more ground terrain paint around the house’s foundation could help give it more depth. Also, perhaps adding a bit more color inside the home could help make it look a bit cheerier. I’d suggest adding an accent wall or some tile wall covering in the kitchen. Finally, maybe the stairs inside the home could use some railings, just to keep the kids safe in case they fall off.

@Xenami
    iulcnx3.png
    Rags to Riches is a great-looking modern home! I like how you were able to fit a home of this size onto this lot. It looks compact and high-end. Wonderful job on the layout and the interiors. Most builders have difficulty working with a house of this shape, and I’m glad you were able to pull it off. The children’s rooms also look colorful and well-cluttered. Great choice of color! The backyard also looks pleasant and relaxing with the swing set.

Suggestions:
    The build seems to have a lot of brown/beige tones; adding a few pops of color here and there can help break that monotony. There also seems to be a lot of wooden textures. I’d suggest putting some tile flooring and wall tiles in the kitchen. Lastly, adding terrain paint around the foundation of the build can help give it more depth.

@TinkPlays
    yJYsuTQ.png
    Dachshund’s Creek has great curb appeal from the front. The front porch looks inviting, ready to welcome a family into their new home. The backyard also looks great, with enough room for kids to play and to do laundry. The interior of the home also looks wonderful! Every room is well-cluttered with excellent use of space. I like all the little pops of color that can be seen throughout the whole build. Well done!

Suggestions:
    The presentation of pictures could use some improvement. It could have been better if you took the screenshots on a brighter day without rain, to complement with the home’s inviting appeal. Also, since we judge solely based on screenshots, we would have preferred to see more pictures of the house from different angles. Checking the side of your build (where the path is), it could use some windows. Finally, I think opening up the wall in the kitchen could prevent it from looking too cramped.

@SimTresa
    kMpaXfU.png
    Forever Home is a charming Tudor build! The landscaping of the home makes it look like it has more space. The backyard also looks spacious, perfect for children who want to run around. I like how the home is cluttered enough to make it look lived-in, and there seems to be many things and activities for the family to do! Great job on creating a simple and functional layout for the home. My favorite spot here is probably the cute little laundry area that can be accessed from the kitchen.

Suggestions:
    Take care when zooming in and out while taking screenshots. Some of the images might look like they have the fisheye effect. I also appreciate the pops of color throughout the whole build, but perhaps using different wall textures for one room in various areas could help give the interiors a better finish. The kitchen could use some tile wall coverings, for example.

@Allears
    p9PhRdQ.png
    Forever Home looks like the perfect place to raise a big family! Great job on giving this home its curb appeal. The landscaping out front is commendable. Nice work on that terrain paint! It’s also wonderful that you were able to maximize the use of the whole lot. I like how you were also able to take into account where the chairs could get shade on a sunny day. Very clever! Overall, this home has fantastic furnishing, with almost every room furnished with paintings that suit the theme.

Suggestions:
    While the whole house looks wonderfully furnished, the corridor leading to the bedrooms (right after the living room with the orange sofas) looks too bare for me. Perhaps adding a plant or a console table with a few knick-knacks could help.

@wildflower1971
    MeD1KlQ.jpg
    Simas Breaking OutOB is a wonderful home. Great use of the terrain tool to give the front of the house a little more depth. The porch also looks inviting, ready to welcome a family into their new home. The backyard also seems to have plenty enough space for the whole family to enjoy. The interiors also look lovely. Great job using complementary colors to decorate the different rooms in the build. The kids’ rooms look vibrant as well! Overall, this is a cozy-looking home!

Suggestions:
    I think the part to the right of the house might have too many windows. This kind of style might work well for modern homes, but in this case, less is more. The stone walls of the build should be able to help it stand out more than the windows. Moreover, I think that the backyard could use some sort of access at the side or at the rear. Finally, we highly recommend the use of the WASD camera when taking screenshots to give us judges a better view of your build. Screenshots like the ones you have for your living room are the perfect example of that.

@JojoMOMSTER
    44yiI27.png
    Upland Place DSV is a well-built home! Great job giving the build a simple shape, which gives it cohesion. The backyard of the home also looks great, and I like how you’ve added rear access by placing a gate there. The interiors of the build also look modern. Wonderful job on the furnishing! I also like the use of different wall coverings throughout the build to give the interiors more variety. Also, clever work on the kitchen’s tile flooring!

Suggestions:
    I might suggest using a dirt entry path leading to the home so that it would not seem as if the path was cut off before the curb. This would make the driveway look more natural, like the one in the house next to it. The backyard could also use a few more plants and terrain paint to keep it from looking bare. Finally, some parts of the house could use a bit more decor and clutter because there seems to be a bit of empty space.

@Devilariah
    PQs742s.png
    Salvadoradian Home looks warm and inviting! I particularly like the dormer at the top. The screenshots you’ve also provided with a story were also entertaining. The layout of the home is functional and efficient. Good job on making that! I also like how well you’ve coordinated the colors of the rooms with the wooden flooring. The backyard porch area also looks great with the elevated deck!

Suggestions:
    I think the wall of the kitchen could use a bit of tile wall covering; this would make it easier for the family to clean up. Also, I think that placing the mailbox nearer to the front porch would be better instead of being placed at the side by the bin.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    JQBl1GG.jpg
    The best thing about Dream Weavers Way is probably the entrance and landscaping out front. I like how you were able to seamlessly create the pathway leading into the home with the use of terrain paint and wooden planks. This is by far one of the most well-landscaped builds for this round. The interiors of the home also make it look cozy. Great job using different textures and colors to give the interior design cohesion. Overall, a wonderful build!

Suggestions:
    The front looks great, but the awnings on the second floor make it look a bit odd; those kinds of awnings are typically used for storefronts. Also, I think that the backyard could use a few trees, just to give the kids a bit of shade.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Allears
    2nd Place goes to: @PINKUSFAMILY
    3rd Place goes to: @TinkPlays and @Devilariah
    zgQ2DEB.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@Devilariah
    WBwkMMH.png
    Wonderful shades of blue for the boys’ room! Great job decorating the room and adding toys to make things enjoyable for the whole family. The only thing I’d suggest is to avoid taking a picture of the room’s exterior or entrance; this is not necessary for the room challenge.

@JojoMOMSTER
    97OkAI5.png
    Attic Clubhouse looks like a wonderful room for the kids! The kids could probably enjoy spending their time here. I think my only suggestion is to add a bit more color in this room.

And the winner is… @Devilariah

GgIzzNF.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@SimTresa
    2o9Sae1.png
    The Reyes family looks great! I like how you were able to give them their Salvadoradan look. Every member of the family looks awesome.

@wildflower1971
    mQ37AvA.jpg
    The Simas family look like a colorful bunch! Rafael and Maria look like loving parents, and their kids look cheerful and good-looking. Great job!

@JojoMOMSTER
    139SHDz.png
    Excellent presentation of the Goodfellow family! I like how you were able to showcase their outfits in an organized manner. Overall, the whole family looks great.

@Devilariah
    jMPpn2b.png
    The Estrellas look wonderful! Great job selecting the appropriate outfits for each them, and their clothes look great on them. Excellent job creating the whole family.
    And the winner is… @wildflower1971
    4h1RCCr.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited June 2019
    So much variety and imagination all around! Crongrats to the winners and thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! THere are so many great, beautiful builds!
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Wow ! there were so many awesome builds for this level.

I am amazed at the time & effort our @BuildNShare Judges put in...

Congratulations to all the winners and all who participated..

Thank you Build & Share for the creative tips!

Diane Pinkus
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for BnS121 - Breaking Out Of The Box

@KitelDesigns
    R18tNJu.png
    This build is attractive & homey, thoughtfully & creatively addresses the needs of the family nicely, is quite interesting, & exudes personality. I enjoyed it very much! Love the backstory & details you gave! What an awesome idea to have half of the budget be items ‘donated’ by the community!
    The solar panels, rain tank for the garden, fire place, and garden will help them immensely to keep on budget in the future! Your decorative touches are homey and nice to make the family able to express their personalities. These items also go well with the décor. Good job of managing two tricky building elements – an ‘A-Frame’ home and the curved decking. Nice use of landscaping plants and terrain paint.
    Great labeling of the screenshots, and including the various types of screenshots that allow the build to be explored properly for judging!

Suggestions: The garden plot is wonderful… Unless these items are there and not visible in the screenshots, providing either seeds, fruits/veggies, or plants for the family to plant would be a fun touch. Clustering the room areas’ photos together in your slideshow will help for judging.
    Tip: you can frame and choose the frame color on photos once you have a sim on the lot, before playing it, and then save to the library.

Important: Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS121 when you upload your creations in the future, per the challenge rules. Thank you!
    3gHHX7s.png

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    4FQKnOu.png

Thank you for the lovely and detailed backstory/details for the entry. This is extremely helpful to me, and was fun to read. I loved your passion for details that would make this home a wonderful fit for the needs and wants of this family! Excellent planning for practicality in layout (use of basement for temperature regulation, adding a thermostat for when it’s needed). Nice job of describing the layout and purposes for the rooms/floors. This is essential for judging effectively since we judge only by screenshots.
    I loved that you made room content for the family based on goals and passions of each member for their private spaces and for this household for common areas! Love the inclusion of money-making hobbies for mom & dad (woodworking and honey), and what a cool idea to plant a tree to commemorate their move-in! The landscaping for the patio is nicely done, particularly the backyard. I like the rustic feel to the exterior and some interior wall coverings (fieldstone-ish/brick feel – and the doors /windows match the feel well).

Suggestions: The garden is a great idea! Including plants or fruits/seeds to plant in the garden would have been a nice touch. If they were there I could not tell from the screenshot. The windows seem a bit high in some the rooms. I would perhaps bring them down one notch. A couple of accent walls of paint would be nice upstairs (indoors), like what you did in the family room/basement. Please include top-view/layout screenshots of each floor and the roof-lines for judging purposes.

Important: Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS121 when you upload your creations in the future, per the challenge rules. Thank you!
    3gHHX7s.png

@msnikki2005
    8eIA6aP.png
    This is a cute and homey new residence for our needy family! The feel is quaint and cozy. They will love the roomy fenced-in backyard with its cute picket-fence that will allow the little ones to play in safely!
    I like your laundry room. It looks like a very realistic basement laundry room! Your interior colors and content flow nicely together and give a pleasant, homey feel to the home. The color scheme hits a nice balance between soft and moderate pops of color. I like the stone path to the door and back yard made with terrain paint.
    Thank you for including a nice slideshow and overhead/layout images as well. This is very helpful for the judging process since we judge solely by the slideshow.

Suggestions: The kitchen and kitchen table seem small for a large family. The table only seats 4. Though the area is nice, I would have liked to see more space devoted to this area of the home (the eat-in kitchen). I would recommend waiting for a sunny day to take screenshots & to upload to the gallery. Your outdoor images were rather dark which makes it more difficult to see items or present the home at its best. Labels for the slide show pics would be helpful during judging, and to convey your creative and design/functionality goals for each space.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is….
    @KitelDesigns
    WzcVkZR.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @KitelDesigns the judges all agree that you should enter in the Established category moving forward - congrats!!! :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Nicely done all!
    Congratulations @KitelDesigns on your win and your promotion both! Well deserved! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    This was such a fun challenge!
    I wish i put tiles behind the bit of kitchen, would have been really nice :P
    Thnx for the feedback!

And congratz too everyone! All looks so amazing!

Ps. @KitelDesigns , from the first moment i saw your build, when you submitted, i was so drawn to the look of the home.
    The shape, the colors, it just looks really cool and cozy:P just wanted to let you know haha =)
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Congratulations to all winners! Excellent builds all around! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS122 - Summer Camp

@AlJay
    GKPEyBA.png
    Ranger Ridge Summer Camp is a fantastic venue filled to the brim with fun activities for everyone. Excellent location overlooking the cliffs of the Windenburg Islands, beautiful views from here. The car park is a great idea and it's good to see you provided signs to welcome visitors to the camp. You have worked wonders with the terrain tool to create all the different ground levels and painted many pathways leading to the various areas, this really adds so much interest. There are more than enough outdoor activities to accommodate all ages enabling much fun to be had. The lot is landscaped to perfection using natural planting and trees which blend in wonderfully with their surroundings. I absolutely love the river running through with water trickling over the stones and the bridge makes it all the more magical. Heading towards the indoors you have placed the map where it can be seen by everyone entering thus making it easy to find one's way around. The interior design certainly has a rustic atmosphere and is exactly how I would envisage a Summer camp to be furnished and decorated. I especially like the walk out basement, so much to do here and the fire will be warm and cosy on cooler days.

Suggestions: I feel the structure of the cabin is a little 'boxy' and could be enhanced perhaps by providing more exterior gables and porches/walls jutting out of the side elevations like you have at the front entrance. These could be of a different texture/type of wood to contrast with the exterior walls of the main build.

3gHHX7s.png

And the Winner is .... @AlJay

ISMuwng.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png

Master Results for #BnS122 - Summer Camp

@13Vader
    y1cITC6.png
    Wow, you have captured a beautiful welcoming picture of Camp Pride with the rainbow! What a fantastic Summer camp you have created, all cheery, bright and colourful with plenty of fun objects for everyone to enjoy. The 'horseshoe' style layout works really well with all the buildings accessible from the central community area. This is a wonderful space to get together to relax or partake in the various activities. Even the bins are colourful! You have made excellent use of the terrain tool to paint pathways and create different levels of ground throughout the site and surrounded it with lots of lovely greenery, colourful plants and trees. The culinary garden and orchard is a fabulous idea which is perfectly sited next to the kitchen and will provide fresh and tasty produce, very healthy. Each building is designed, furnished and decorated to a very high standard with an appropriate choice and amount of clutter. I really like how you've used neutral shades and brought these to life with pops of bright colour here and there. You have also put much thought into the infirmary. I love the light palette which gives a clinical look and feel, very clean and hygienic. The backstage of the Ampitheatre is very creatively designed with the stacked tables and chairs and stored props. Visitors will certainly enjoy being entertained here.

Suggestions: I probably wouldn't change a thing about this camp other than vary the exterior finishes of the buildings in order to make them less 'uniform', add more interest and differentiate between the buildings.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is .... @13Vader

mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited July 2019
    Congrats @AlJay!
    Thanks for the input @BuildnShare :)
    Just want to add that I'd like to read the comments on the challenge before this one: "Breaking out the box"
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations Winners !!

@Aljay Congrats !
    @13Vader Congrats !

Wonderful as always Creations from you both...

But @BuildnShare What - If I may say - @13Vader is trying to say is, that there was Never Master category results announced for the BnS #121 - Breaking Out of the Box ...

Diane Pinkus
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Question: What are the categories? I feel like I’m missing something. On my post I just left it blank.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
    @familysims This will give you a good idea of how the categories are broken down. If this was your first entry, it's best to leave it blank, and the judges will place you where they believe you belong.

In all categories, we put an equal value on landscaping, aesthetics, architecture and interior design, with a nod toward playability.

If you are new to BuildnShare, we recommend that you leave your entry category empty this way the BnS team can take a look at your entry and place you in a category appropriate to your skills.

Starting Out - if you are new to building in TS4, this is where you should enter. Things we look for at this level are appropriate room sizes, cohesive exterior style, use of plants that reflect the style of the build and complimentary colours. Pictures should be well organize and provide a complete overviewthe of build

Established - we recommend entering at this level if you have been promoted from Starting Out. Things looked for over and above Starting Out are, thought as to how the build will ultimately play, good roof lines, use of terrain paints, cohesive interiors and good object choice and placement. Pictures should be well organised, well lit and labelled.

Expert - we recommend entering at this level if you have been promoted from Established. Things we look for at this level, over and above Established are interesting architecture, thought given to interior and exterior decorative details, creation of livable outdoor spaces. Pictures should have good angles, making good use of camera control options.

Master - Expert category judges and any entrants who have won 1st Place multiple times at the Expert level should enter in this category.

A note of caution, just because you have used something mentioned in a category, does not necessarily mean that you automatically fit in that category. If you are unsure, please tag us and ask for our advice as to where we would place you. Also, we do not advise that you bump yourself up in levels, especially if you are new and we have placed you in a category. We will always promote when we feel you are ready and have no more left to learn in your current category.
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    @familysims This will give you a good idea of how the categories are broken down. If this was your first entry, it's best to leave it blank, and the judges will place you where they believe you belong.

In all categories, we put an equal value on landscaping, aesthetics, architecture and interior design, with a nod toward playability.

If you are new to BuildnShare, we recommend that you leave your entry category empty this way the BnS team can take a look at your entry and place you in a category appropriate to your skills.

Starting Out - if you are new to building in TS4, this is where you should enter. Things we look for at this level are appropriate room sizes, cohesive exterior style, use of plants that reflect the style of the build and complimentary colours. Pictures should be well organize and provide a complete overviewthe of build

Established - we recommend entering at this level if you have been promoted from Starting Out. Things looked for over and above Starting Out are, thought as to how the build will ultimately play, good roof lines, use of terrain paints, cohesive interiors and good object choice and placement. Pictures should be well organised, well lit and labelled.

Expert - we recommend entering at this level if you have been promoted from Established. Things we look for at this level, over and above Established are interesting architecture, thought given to interior and exterior decorative details, creation of livable outdoor spaces. Pictures should have good angles, making good use of camera control options.

Master - Expert category judges and any entrants who have won 1st Place multiple times at the Expert level should enter in this category.

A note of caution, just because you have used something mentioned in a category, does not necessarily mean that you automatically fit in that category. If you are unsure, please tag us and ask for our advice as to where we would place you. Also, we do not advise that you bump yourself up in levels, especially if you are new and we have placed you in a category. We will always promote when we feel you are ready and have no more left to learn in your current category.

Thank you so much!
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
    You're very welcome @familysims. :) If you haven't seen it yet, there's lots of useful information about this challenge on the first page of this section.
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top