Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Thank you OP for the HONESTY! This EP is crap, again. Being a mermaid is nothing but a clothing change. I'm so mad I fell for the hype, yet again. Like you said the glory days are over for The Sims. Here's looking forward to Planet Zoo.
    Please end TS4.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I'm not and here's why.

-They are not done yet, so much they can still add and improve on
    -The game needs to feel complete and make sure all bugs are fixed.

If they can't do that, what would be the point of Sims 5 or expect it to be any better? It would just be starting over and expecting low quality.

We got a few more years, which I am glad as it means a better game and game that is actually playable.

We don't need a new Sims every five years until there is a major technologically breakthrough. I would be happy if they just updated Sims 2, don't need a Sims 5.

Yes, but exactly how much time and cost to the consumers will it be, when we already have full, playable, immersible versions of the Sims (1,2 & somewhat 3) now.

Seriously - we had a full game with Sims 1 & 2 going back over 15+ years ago with a fraction of the cost and waiting.

Because they were actually built with the players in mind - not like now where they are like how can we get more money for less content that is stretched out over years.

Why is it they could get it right so long ago and now, they just can't seem to get it together and we have to keep paying more in the hopes that "maybe this particular pack" will make it the best version ever?

Just sounds like more leading the consumer by the nose and training them to expect less.

It might have been EA's plans to milk the franchise for years with their 'live service' businsess model. Or it could be this team just isn't up to the tasks of past teams, nor have the disclipine ( I don't mean the skill) to do it or don't, and or the imagination. And then there is this generation gap with some of them where toilet humor was more important to them than say, deep personalities. I don't know, I just know it has some fun 'moments' but not enough to make it last seven or eight years without the community starting to feel drained and tired.

ETA: Proof the commuity as a whole is getting tired. The last three or four packs were not the hits they should have been in the minds of the players. There is always, (responses of TS4) I like it, but....with each pack they are releasing this past year.

Most are the same team from all of 3, most of Sims 2 and even a couple from Sims 1 too. So .... Plus they made no secret of the game going longer - it was even mentioned during the 2013 introduction of the game at Gamescom in a couple of different interviews. People just chose not to hear it I guess. But it has never been a secret that Sims 4 was designed from the beginning to have game content - in their own words "as long as it was feasible to do so...." . I even questioned that statement more times than I can count since they first said it - so they made no secret this was their plan and why they used the Smart Technology game engine because it can handle a real long time of adding content - that other game engines can't handle.

I don't seem to recall they said in any interview in 2013 this game was going to go on for eight years+. What I recall was Rachel and Lucy saying they had failed to market it to people enough to explain it's a different game and more like a sitcom than previous series. I also remember Ryan saying they had built an engine that would make all our dreams come true when they explained why they had left out toddlers.

And then discussions here with gurus who said the engine would allow them to not need as many engineers as in the past and it would be so easy to add anything they wanted to do. And one challenged any other past developer of The Sims to see if they could learn and do this. Those are the conversations I recall. Nothing about eight years of live service updates and bug patches, at Gamescom. But I might have missed an interview with those comments of years and years of future content. I only know Grant said it/that a few years ago.

It had a rocky start, does great now, but then again it's been on sale or free a zillion times, I wish they had done that for TS2 or TS3 where a pack was half off the next week, and or the bases reduced in the first five days of release like TS4 was. TS2 is probably the only one I paid full price for for everything. And TS3 I did get a lot of it as gifts and or half off or by one get one free often but the packs had been out for months and months by the time I got around to getting those. It sure would have saved me a lot of money if 2 and 3 had been this cheap.

Everytime someone mentions her name.....I remember the big fiasco that it was the announcement of Get Together. I had to close my stream tab out of the immense cringe from their crazy stage dancing and "selfieing". Crazy times those were ahaha I'm so glad we are all past that, dark times for this iteration, really dark. I don't think The Sims ever stood that low since the announcement of Sweet Treats.

If it was Lucy she screwed up Sim City 2013 and I take her words with a big dose of salt.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Sims 5 might be one Sims game too far for EA. 5 was not a good number for SimCity. Best call it something else entirely.

This is an excellent thought. Repeating myself, but I think The Sims needs an entire reboot. Fresh start. Do-over. Devs need to imagine they're making a whole new game, completely from scratch. Stop with the half-baked base game, adding a shopping expansion in a year, pets in three years, and so on. It's a tired cliché, but come ON -- think outside the box! The box that EA has enclosed itself in over the last decade when it comes to The Sims.

I totally agree with this. The sims franchise needs a major reboot. I'm so ready for ts4 to be over at this point and don't really see myself buying a s5 if they just continue down the path they are going now. Especially if they decide to put ts5 online. That's an absolute deal breaker for me.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    > @Tiarella said:
    > @Sagittarius_Dreamer4 - welcome to the forum!
    >
    > (Apologies if I missed any other new posters!)
    >
    > @knuckleduster - very astute. Companies learned a lot from mobile games re. how to twist our innate desire for rewards/validation to their own monetary ends. Very similar to loading food with sugar, fat, and salt, not because it's necessary for the food to be palatable and worth eating, but because it makes it hard for us to stop eating. Using what's innate in us against us, to make more money, not for the majority of their employees, but for a few at the top and those who can afford to play the stockmarket. The former is nothing new, of course--'confidence men' have been doing similar things forever!--it's simply more science-based than ever before. But these observations I'm making are trending off-topic; sorry about that!

Thanks. I've been lurking for a long time and had an account for a year or so but now I'm participating more lol
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    babajayne wrote: »
    I hope whoever is in charge of The Sims franchise learns from the past failures when they develop TS5.

TS3 may have been too ambitious for what the game engine was capable of. But it feels like we’ve taken 10 steps backwards here with TS4. This is the only game in the series in which I have been repeatedly disappointed. For a while I gave up on it completely. If Seasons hadn’t come back, I would not be playing.

Before Island Living, I was more understanding about how things had gone in this series. I saw the POTENTIAL more than the omissions. I thought Strangerville was taking it in a different direction that was less sandboxy, but I wasn’t mad about it, I figured it would be known if that’s not what most Sims players are after, and they’d learn from that. The fact that it’s a choice to follow the story makes it reasonable, I thought.

But when I had played a few days of Island Living, I felt like the Sims team doesn’t know me at all. It’s mostly just eye candy. Is that all they think I care about? We used to get so many new social interactions with each expansion pack, I didn’t wonder if it was enough. That’s why small packs were called “stuff” packs - they didn’t have any new gameplay in them, just stuff. Now we have expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs, and some of the game packs have more to do than the expansions, and some stuff packs like Movie Hangout Stuff has a lot of social stuff mixed in with the stuff, so I don’t know what’s what anymore. We get some worlds for free, but that’s the main feature of Island Living, the world. It’s inconsistent and in the end, I want more gameplay so I will take what I can get, but as a rule now it will be when it’s on sale, because I have learned better. I’m glad I got a lot of TS4 packs on sale.

I look forward to TS5 only if they learn from the past, start the game off with a great foundation with room to grow, and improve the AI which is always too predictable.

If someone swoops in with a competing game, I will 100% buy it, on principle. That could be incredible to see what happens from there.
    I saw a review yesterday and exactly this crossed my mind.

What’s more, it seems to me they completely forgot they are developing a game. I see amazing scenery and an amazing attempt to suggest an open world and amazing animations. But where in all that is the game? “The ‘but Sims 3 looks so ugly, I just can’t play it’ really falls into place for me now. “Solani trumps IP” someone said on Twitter. And to someone proudly posting IP pictures from their game: “I had forgotten how empty Sims 3 worlds are!” (because we may not be allowed to be ‘negative’, apparently that just goes one way) (mind you, in my view the pics looked amazing, it may be less detailed but beautiful nonetheless) It’s not about a game anymore, it’s about painting a picture and stare at it.

P.s. Another thing crossed my mind seeing this review, the part where he shows the festival. Everyone praises the game for sims being so interactive and lively. I see sims standing there doing things, completely ignoring the others. At one point I catch myself wanting to grab one of those fire stick and throw it into the sea already. It reminds me of bumping into Showtime performers in Sims 3. They just stand there and do their act. Or do they. A couple of weeks ago my sim went to a tomb in China and there was this singer guy at the entrance. Lol, very out of place. I sent my sim down and after she had opened some secret stairs, the singer unexpectedly joined her. And stepped into an arrow trap :D Does anything unexpected like that ever happen to NPC’s in Sims 4?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Does anything unexpected like that ever happen to NPC’s in Sims 4?

Not that I'm aware of, speaking of unexpected events, I remembered playing as Connor Frio back in The Sims 3, he wanted Bebe Hart to come meet him after school but she can't because of her part time job, then all of a sudden she knocked Connor's door after work without me reinviting her, makes me smiled. i say "unexpected" because this is sim not a human but they act like a real human would do.

ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    @JoAnne65 Thanks. I also don't get what exactly bringing up the problems of the Sims 3 when someone brings up the problems of Sims 4 is supposed to accomplish when Sims 3 is over with while Sims 4 still being worked on. Sims 3 had problems that weren't fixed and that was unacceptable. I love the game but it was unacceptable to treat paying customers that way. So to their point, so what? And? I can love a game and be critical of it. Depending on what they bring up it's possible I even agree. How does that change what's wrong with Sims 4? Does that make its problems acceptable? I would hope not but it appears so for some people.

I definitely see that irony @Cinebar mentioned. Being driven down a road of potential and thinking 'if only...', enjoying the view only to be abandoned by the side of the road and left to do for yourself. And now they've picked up a new passenger and the passenger is so busy saying how it sucks to be us and adoring the view not realizing they're on a similar road of potential ultimately being led to the same place if not worse.

@Paigeisin5 Thanks. What The Sims 4 originally was is exactly why I think that if any Sims game is going to properly last beyond 5 years for close to all simmers it's not going to be this one. Especially with their track record when it comes to bugs, broken content, and fixing things. Its origins are also the only reason I maintain a tiny bit of hope for Sims 5. But that hope goes more and more when I see comments to be grateful they even give players what they do. They aren't going to learn a thing but that they can put out whatever and people will say it's fine or it's disappointing but it's better than nothing.

Nothing seems to have been learned from their history because so far it appears they just found a way around it. By appealing to those who don't know it. Even now I'm noticing more calls for the game to be made online multiplayer because that would make this game awesome. They've appealed to a younger fanbase and the way I feel they've wanted to push us for a while is starting to gain a little ground. Those younger, newer players who don't know of their history are the target market now. Older players are a guarantee to them so to them they'll follow suit. If they want to make an online multiplayer Sims that's a side game I'm all for that but I'll never play it. The main series going multiplayer online I think will be another case of history repeating itself. But worse because ultimately they should know better.

While going back to their roots supposedly, they deemed the phrase 'you create, you control, you rule' appropriate, which I think for the most part it was, based on all The Sims game. It's a phrase that let's me know they at least have an idea of what we like, at least enough of one to market it to us like that whether they follow through or not. I think most or all players feel that way about their favorite Sims game regardless of whether anyone else agrees or not. It's like we're playing God. We rule.

So with that in mind how does a multiplayer online Sims game work when everyone is going to want things their way? If there's one thing we can all agree on it's that we want the options to play our way. We want control. If Atlas is the way things go, how will players used to controlling how things go feel when nothing but their sim is in their full control? Think about that. You can't makeover the ugly townie because that's someone else's sim. You can't see a house that would be perfect for your sim and simply boot the current sim out, that's someone else's sim and house. You can't randomly decided you're going to advance your story because you've found a sim you think is perfect for your sim as a best friend or partner and use cheats to improve the relationship because that's someone else's sim. How are the basics of our gameplay and of the game in general going to go in a game where everyone plays with everyone else?
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I definitely see that irony @Cinebar mentioned. Being driven down a road of potential and thinking 'if only...', enjoying the view only to be abandoned by the side of the road and left to do for yourself. And now they've picked up a new passenger and the passenger is so busy saying how it plum to be us and adoring the view not realizing they're on a similar road of potential ultimately being led to the same place if not worse.

So with that in mind how does a multiplayer online Sims game work when everyone is going to want things their way? If there's one thing we can all agree on it's that we want the options to play our way. We want control. If Atlas is the way things go, how will players used to controlling how things go feel when nothing but their sim is in their full control? Think about that. You can't makeover the ugly townie because that's someone else's sim. You can't see a house that would be perfect for your sim and simply boot the current sim out, that's someone else's sim and house. You can't randomly decided you're going to advance your story because you've found a sim you think is perfect for your sim as a best friend or partner and use cheats to improve the relationship because that's someone else's sim. How are the basics of our gameplay and of the game in general going to go in a game where everyone plays with everyone else?

That first analogy with the road to disappointment and new players being far more valued is very well put and I agree with it entirely. You've basically put into words exactly how I've felt for quite a long time now.

That article about the Atlas project is an immediate red flag for me because they're singing praises about the Frostbite Engine in it, and that engine led to seemingly endless technical and structural problems during Anthem's development due to absolutely terrible mismanagement. With Maxis as they are now and their rather sub-par attitudes towards things like bug fixing it's hard not to be immediately sceptical. That and the oh so lovable service model is mentioned.

They also talk about players being the guiding light, which is pretty laughable when you consider the company talking.

I highly doubt Atlas is The Sims 5 though, given the other features they discuss in the article. That said, I can see them attempting a similar line of thought with a fifth iteration of the series, especially when I consider all the points you brought up. It's all rather worrying.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    What I liked about Sims 2 and Sims 3 is that we didn't have Game Changers. What is the point of showing off all the features and items when I can/want do that myself? It defeats the purpose of going in blindly and not knowing what to expect. It is what made TS2 and TS3 so exciting. I loved the walkthroughs that they used to do for TS2 and TS3 and that we were able to form our opinions based off what they shared. I like how they didn't share everything about the game because it allows players to explore themselves. What is the point of sharing everything? It makes the game feel so predictable and the excitement of pack dies down.

TS4 is supposed to be T for Teen, but it feels like P for pre-school. TS4 tries too hard to emulate real life that the heart and soul of the Sims is lost. Sims is a life simulator. It doesn't have to be real. The silliness and wackiness of the Sims is lost in TS4. It is too predictable. There is something wrong when previous iterations feel more complete when they had less packs to go off of.

TS1:
    7 Expansion Packs

TS2:
    8 Expansion Packs
    10 Stuff Packs

TS3:
    11 Expansion Packs
    9 Stuff Packs

TS4:
    7 Expansion Packs
    7 Game Packs
    14 Stuff Packs

28 packs later and TS4 still doesn't feel complete? With Sims 5, I hope they get rid of Stuff Packs all-together and stick with Expansion and Game Packs. Expansion and Game Packs already provide enough stuff. Also, peeved that this iteration has the least amount of occult Sims.

I want them to get rid stuff and game packs. I feel like they made these "game packs" to get more money out sims 4 players. To me they seem like nothing but a chunk of gameplay that that's being ripped away or withheld from the expansions. They could easily implement these things into the expansion. I know they can cause if the game can hold 14 stuff packs at this point, then I know it could held more in the expansions. To me expansions are game packs so I don't see the need to buy 3 different packs for this game.
    giphy.gif

• tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    @JoAnne65

I would like this but you have to take into consideration I am more of a MMO person who enjoys playing with other people. I have a boyfriend and some other friends I would love to be able to play this with together, not separate. Yes you have to consider others when you play an MMO but I know that there is also housing in MMO's. I play SWTOR and I have all the strongholds (their version of housing) and no one comes in and redoes your stronghold but you have to purchase them. How this would work in a game like sims would remain to be seen but for me I would like to see it as it is more fun to play with friends than by yourself.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    There are enough MMOs out there, there are enough online only games as well. The market for single player games that don't require an online connection seem to be dwindling all the time. I am sorry, but I don't want a Sims MMO. I will never play such a game. I think if they go that route, I and alot of other Simmers who feel the same are done with this franchise.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope whoever is in charge of The Sims franchise learns from the past failures when they develop TS5.

TS3 may have been too ambitious for what the game engine was capable of. But it feels like we’ve taken 10 steps backwards here with TS4. This is the only game in the series in which I have been repeatedly disappointed. For a while I gave up on it completely. If Seasons hadn’t come back, I would not be playing.

Before Island Living, I was more understanding about how things had gone in this series. I saw the POTENTIAL more than the omissions. I thought Strangerville was taking it in a different direction that was less sandboxy, but I wasn’t mad about it, I figured it would be known if that’s not what most Sims players are after, and they’d learn from that. The fact that it’s a choice to follow the story makes it reasonable, I thought.

But when I had played a few days of Island Living, I felt like the Sims team doesn’t know me at all. It’s mostly just eye candy. Is that all they think I care about? We used to get so many new social interactions with each expansion pack, I didn’t wonder if it was enough. That’s why small packs were called “stuff” packs - they didn’t have any new gameplay in them, just stuff. Now we have expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs, and some of the game packs have more to do than the expansions, and some stuff packs like Movie Hangout Stuff has a lot of social stuff mixed in with the stuff, so I don’t know what’s what anymore. We get some worlds for free, but that’s the main feature of Island Living, the world. It’s inconsistent and in the end, I want more gameplay so I will take what I can get, but as a rule now it will be when it’s on sale, because I have learned better. I’m glad I got a lot of TS4 packs on sale.

I look forward to TS5 only if they learn from the past, start the game off with a great foundation with room to grow, and improve the AI which is always too predictable.

If someone swoops in with a competing game, I will 100% buy it, on principle. That could be incredible to see what happens from there.

What’s more, it seems to me they completely forgot they are developing a game. I see amazing scenery and an amazing attempt to suggest an open world and amazing animations. But where in all that is the game? “The ‘but Sims 3 looks so ugly, I just can’t play it’ really falls into place for me now. “Solani trumps IP” someone said on Twitter. And to someone proudly posting IP pictures from their game: “I had forgotten how empty Sims 3 worlds are!” (because we may not be allowed to be ‘negative’, apparently that just goes one way) (mind you, in my view the pics looked amazing, it may be less detailed but beautiful nonetheless) It’s not about a game anymore, it’s about painting a picture and stare at it.

P.s. Another thing crossed my mind seeing this review, the part where he shows the festival. Everyone praises the game for sims being so interactive and lively. I see sims standing there doing things, completely ignoring the others. At one point I catch myself wanting to grab one of those fire stick and throw it into the sea already. It reminds me of bumping into Showtime performers in Sims 3. They just stand there and do their act. Or do they. A couple of weeks ago my sim went to a tomb in China and there was this singer guy at the entrance. Lol, very out of place. I sent my sim down and after she had opened some secret stairs, the singer unexpectedly joined her. And stepped into an arrow trap :D Does anything unexpected like that ever happen to NPC’s in Sims 4?

That review was on point honestly. At this point I have no hope for Realm of Magic or the future of TS4 in terms of replayability and depth, it's just not there. I fired up my TS2 again today and it's still a thousand times more fun than TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That review was on point honestly. At this point I have no hope for Realm of Magic or the future of TS4 in terms of replayability and depth, it's just not there. I fired up my TS2 again today and it's still a thousand times more fun than TS4.

I agree. That review states exactly why this pack is a fail to many. And why I have decided I'm happy to see TS4 end when it ends because if that direction (if anyone listens to Carl) is why it should end in my opinion. And we all know it was an unfinished GP they hurled out the door as an EP possibly because they didn't have an EP ready.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm looking forward to the end of the Sims franchise as a whole, but of course that's never happening because EA sees Sims as one of its principal cash cows, preying on the wallets of teenagers' parents across the globe.

If TS5 is coming, it'll be no different in how they handled TS4, at least marketing-wise. I don't expect quality product out of it either, unless they take a step back to Sims 2/3 levels and just leave TS4 behind.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm looking forward to the end of the Sims franchise as a whole, but of course that's never happening because EA sees Sims as one of its principal cash cows, preying on the wallets of teenagers' parents across the globe.

If TS5 is coming, it'll be no different in how they handled TS4, at least marketing-wise. I don't expect quality product out of it either, unless they take a step back to Sims 2/3 levels and just leave TS4 behind.

Honestly it all depends on us as players/costumers. Personally if what happened with TS4 in the beginning, up until now, repeats itself with TS5, I'm not buying it. TS2 and TS3 are great games that I will play as long as my computer supports them. The most recent games may have good visuals, but that's just it, they are just visuals. I want gameplay.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    One thing I noticed in TS4 is that gameplay isn't the feature that determines the pack. Its the number of objects and cas items. At this point is very clearly and just ridiculous!

I honestly don't know if they will change this strategy in a future game.
    edited July 2019

You may be right, I saw on MTS someone posted a new job ad for Maxis for some sort of marketing job for Maxis. I'm not ignorant but I swear I couldn't make heads nor tells out of what the job duties were, lol, or what position this was for in marketing. It seemed like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, double speak to me. But somehow my guts told me this was yet another way for Maxis to sell subpar games to the public and more worried interested about a brand spilling over into other areas of life, rather than building a good game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

For me, Sims 4 is likely to be my last Sims game. Not because I don't like it -- indeed, I enjoy it very much -- but because at my age I'm not sure I want to start on a new iteration that likely will go on longer than I will. :/ So I'm in no hurry for a theoretical/mythical Sims 5.

I don't like to compare it to previous iterations because each one is different. I enjoy Sims 4 for what it gives me. Despite the lack of a color wheel or CASt, I find greater creativity in CAS than in previous Sims games; I can actually make my Simself and she doesn't look like an American football linebacker. She has curves in the proper places. I also like the ease of Build mode -- I can enlarge a room, or add a basement, without having to dismantle half the house to do it. And while I wish that traits and emotions had a bit more impact, Sims 4 Sims are better than the wooden Sims of Sims 3.

Sims 3 might actually be the outlier of the series, with the open world. I wish I could have back the minutes I wasted watching my Sims drive in a car or ride in a taxi from their home to a point on the map where they'd get out of the car (which magically disappeared into their inventory) and run to get to their destination, only to have to go back home a few minutes later because they were tired or hungry.

By not comparing this game to any other Sims game I've played, it's made it easier for me to enjoy this game for what it is, rather than what it isn't. But that's just how I roll...your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Same here age wise!

I'm not comparing with other games as I got them all and enjoyed them for 20 years. I just like 4 better and Simmers who like it have to be vocal too. I don't mind personally when it ends or if it ends after Realm of Magic but it would upset a lot of those who won't get University or even Farming.

Sims 5 might be one Sims game too far for EA. 5 was not a good number for SimCity. Best call it something else entirely.

Sim City 5 was actually called Rush Hour. The Sim City that killed the franchise was Called Sim City 2013 - not 5 and if they used the numbers it would have been Sim City 6 - Rush Hour would have been 5. Sims City 4 we used with Sims 2 map system.

Sim City 2013 is the only one I did not buy (outside of the Socials version made by another studio - I did not buy those either) and was not interested in SC 2013 just because it was Online no matter what would never have bought it even had it been the best one ever - I am not into Online games period. Like wise if Sims 5 is online - won't buy it - it's the principle of the thing for me.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Just my 2 Simoleons...

For me, Sims 4 is likely to be my last Sims game. Not because I don't like it -- indeed, I enjoy it very much -- but because at my age I'm not sure I want to start on a new iteration that likely will go on longer than I will. :/ So I'm in no hurry for a theoretical/mythical Sims 5.

I don't like to compare it to previous iterations because each one is different. I enjoy Sims 4 for what it gives me. Despite the lack of a color wheel or CASt, I find greater creativity in CAS than in previous Sims games; I can actually make my Simself and she doesn't look like an American football linebacker. She has curves in the proper places. I also like the ease of Build mode -- I can enlarge a room, or add a basement, without having to dismantle half the house to do it. And while I wish that traits and emotions had a bit more impact, Sims 4 Sims are better than the wooden Sims of Sims 3.

Sims 3 might actually be the outlier of the series, with the open world. I wish I could have back the minutes I wasted watching my Sims drive in a car or ride in a taxi from their home to a point on the map where they'd get out of the car (which magically disappeared into their inventory) and run to get to their destination, only to have to go back home a few minutes later because they were tired or hungry.

By not comparing this game to any other Sims game I've played, it's made it easier for me to enjoy this game for what it is, rather than what it isn't. But that's just how I roll...your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Same here age wise!

I'm not comparing with other games as I got them all and enjoyed them for 20 years. I just like 4 better and Simmers who like it have to be vocal too. I don't mind personally when it ends or if it ends after Realm of Magic but it would upset a lot of those who won't get University or even Farming.

Sim City 5 was actually called Rush Hour. The Sim City that killed the franchise was Called Sim City 2013 - not 5 and if they used the numbers it would have been Sim City 6 - Rush Hour would have been 5. Sims City 4 we used with Sims 2 map system.

Rush Hour was an expansion of SimCity 4. 5 is what people started to call to SimCity 2013 dispite the name of that game being just SimCity. And we cannot forget the other atrocity that happened between SimCity 4 and SimCity 2013 called SimCity Societies wich somehow got an expansion aswell!
    edited July 2019
    Renato10 wrote: »
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

Same here age wise!

Rush Hour was an expansion of SimCity 4. 5 is what people started to call to SimCity 2013 dispite the name of that game being just SimCity. And we cannot forget the other atrocity that happened between SimCity 4 and SimCity 2013 called SimCity Societies wich somehow got an expansion aswell!

Sim City Societies is what happens when you outsource a game.
    Wait..TS4 is what happens when you outsource a game.
    I'm really tired from reading all the same complains over and over again, blaming ts4 for not being the same game as the others, and you know what, I'm pretty happy with ts4 and I hope it'll be around for many more years. I know it's not perfect, and it has its own bad sides but still, look at the all perfect ts3, you can't even play it properly.

I've never had a problem playing Sims 3 nor have I ever said it's perfect. Maybe if they'd (EA) done the same with Sims 3, dragging it out several more years and adding to it and "fixing" it, it might be. I don't get why doing that works for Sims 4 but not for any of the previous iterations.

Well none of the previous game engine were designed to run longer or take more content. I believe that is why they went with a totally different kind of engine - that allowed no endtimes like previous one. I recall looking into the data files of Sims 2 and 3 in base game and you could see right there how many eps that game could hold - so we knew in advance the most eps those games would have. There was zero limits in the Sims 3 base game data for eps - so many of us knew that was one thing that was very different and even confusing to some people seeing a game engine with out limits that was not an online game.

Up until the Sims 4 many thought that was not possible from what some said.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2019

I would never say your last sentence about any game. I don't buy blindly - it would have to be very much like these Sims games to even get a second look from me for sure. (that is if I was looking for a new life simulation game).

In dreams - I LIVE!

Just my 2 Simoleons...

Same here age wise!

Sim City Societies is what happens when you outsource a game.
    Wait..TS4 is what happens when you outsource a game.

And a group of what? 20 people? From another country have the desire of a good city building game and then boom! Cities: Skylines was born. The team keeps growing and they made what I tought was impossible. Im happy for spending my money in every CS dlc and not a single dollar in TS4
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

Same here age wise!

Just my 2 Simoleons...

Same here age wise!

As I said above Societies was made by another small studio on the EAst Coast (in Massachusetts I believe it was) not by Maxis or EA - and believe me not something i would touch.

In dreams - I LIVE!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top