We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do ugly townies bother you? Do you find townies ugly?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It doesn’t bother me.
    I don't mind. It gives my Sims someone to be better dressed and better looking than.

If it is someone I will see often, my Style Influencer will hit them with a makeover, but otherwise, I am not bothered.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,868 Member
    My hobbies is hot townie collecting :wink:
    The townies are a mix just like in real life. I use Mccc to have some of my own sims as townies but not all. Love the random generated craziness that can produce breathtakingly beautiful and frightfully pear shaped uglies. I dress anyone who's clothes I really can't bear and then it's fine again. (Screenshots first though).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,701 Member
    edited June 2019
    All/most townies are ugly. It really bothers me.
    I don't think real reason I am bothered is because they are ugly though like its really subjective what is beautiful
    but it's just more like they don't mix with types of sims/neighborhoods I create making it look off
    and there is no way to really get rid of them either because game just keeps spawning them

so I'd like being able to toggle them off because I just like seeing self made sims instead of them

I love seeing premade families though like goths or pancakes that actually make sense

but I hate when there is those random sims in other households that make no sense at all
    like a black asian teen with blonde hair? with alien man? and a dog? possibly kid? all wearing vampire clothes?
    and having names that are really tied to specific cultures?
    what is that concept

also hate when my sims get a kid and the body is always weird as heck
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Some townies are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    like many, its the outfits that bother me most, if I got npcs in any of my sims clubs I give those a makeover but everybody else I leave be.
    I do not mind faces and bodys being imperfect, I actually like that, but the outfits man....

TBH I hade the premades with a passion, I don't really know why, there are only a few exceptions and it has nothing to do with their looks.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Some townies are ugly, just like it's in real life, and that's the way I like it. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder anyways :p

I make a lot of townies myself to get a good variety on them. So it's everything between what I find attractive, what I think others might find attractive, to average and to the more ugly. The generated townies vary like this aswell and often I don't do anything with the ones generated. Though it happens I need to do a little wardrobe change on something that is beyond bonkers. But I don't mind it.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 956 Member
    I have been known to shove some strollers into the closet and give them decent clothing (one of my long-played saves has a wardrobe near the sidewalk just for this), but its not an obsession.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I love the variations in face and body styles, I hate most of their outfit choices.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,090 Member
    I'm more bothered by the sheer volume of townies generated by the game, and the terrible outfits.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    All/most townie are ugly. It bothers me a bit.
    I'm more bothered by the sheer volume of townies generated by the game, and the terrible outfits.

yes! they really need to tone down the numbers! atm they pretty much dominate the entire game and it really starts to get on my nerves because i hardly ever see the premades anymore. i don't even care about the random trash yet the game tries to force them into my sims lives >.<

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    The only thing that I don't like is that pear shape for men. I will either go in and delete that sim or use a cheat to enter the full CAS mode and change their body shape with a single click of the mouse.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Most townies are not ugly.
    I'm not getting ugly townies but a few of them have horribly ugly outfits
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    So the usual townies don't bother me, they look cute and inspire me to try out new clothing styles that are out of my comfort zone but the DJs... They're ending me! Lately they all show up with a colorful long beard, natural toned dreads, with a cap, mostly the blue one with the fun pattern -.-, a tank top with a pattern, these grey wide shorts from basegame, somehow they always have an enormous beer belly and in general they look really old. Imagine the shock of me finding out those elder DJs are actually young adults? Problem is, they don't only show up at parties. They're just everywhere. They took over the game. There's so many single households and the game keeps generating the same thing whenever I move them all to one household. So yeah, of course the other townies don't come off as ugly to me xD they're like hidden gems in my game
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Even if they were generated as good looking I wouldn’t keep them. The only sims that actually matter are the ones I create.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Some townies are ugly for sure, mostly the randomly generated ones. In my opinion the only thing that makes some of them ‘uglier’ than others or the premades is their randomised clothing. But it’s not a big deal. It adds variety and humour to the game. Sims are odd creatures 😂 just laugh it off.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    The only time I change them is when there is a wardrobe malfunction.
    edited June 2019
    sofasim wrote: »
    So the usual townies don't bother me, they look cute and inspire me to try out new clothing styles that are out of my comfort zone but the DJs... They're ending me! Lately they all show up with a colorful long beard, natural toned dreads, with a cap, mostly the blue one with the fun pattern -.-, a tank top with a pattern, these grey wide shorts from basegame, somehow they always have an enormous beer belly and in general they look really old. Imagine the shock of me finding out those elder DJs are actually young adults? Problem is, they don't only show up at parties. They're just everywhere. They took over the game. There's so many single households and the game keeps generating the same thing whenever I move them all to one household. So yeah, of course the other townies don't come off as ugly to me xD they're like hidden gems in my game

i feel the exact same! glad i am not the only one who notices how dominant the random generated sims are in this game atm. and yup... even the young adult generated males in particular look like old men >.< even if i would care to match my females to randoms these guys are as alluring as a dog's dropping! not sure why the game favors creating those disgusting looking sims but yeah...even if i don't care if a sim is ugly: the randoms are just too dominantly present! i hardly ever get the chance to meet and greet a premade or sim i do want to befriend without those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 randoms butting into the conversation and forcing themselves onto me even tho i DON'T want them in my aquaintances list! this is a major gripe i have with ts 4 for quite a while: in TS 3 you could pick your own friends (most of the times) but especially now the game seems to want to force especially random generated sims onto you by forcing you into conversations with them wherever you go. Game! i'd rather pick my own friends and folks i want to know thank you very much! i don't need you to pick them for me!

edited July 2019
    ZV0EOmQ.png

this is what i ment! how is this guy a young adult??!! he looks like an elder -.- they really should tweek the game to at least generate normal looking randoms, because this is exactly why i dislike them so much. i don't mind a few not-so-pretty flowers, but it is the sheer weirdness of these randoms what is so annoying! like this one: he is a young adult, but he looks like a creepy hipster grandpa (and ofcourse it is the same old pear again -.-)
  • blueamberblueamber Posts: 32 Member
    I alwayssss have to give them makeovers aha. I don't know how EA managed to make such ugly people aha at least they have character?...
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    cas.fulleditmode for life
    blueamber wrote: »
    I alwayssss have to give them makeovers aha. I don't know how EA managed to make such ugly people aha at least they have character?...

if you say so...as far as i know their personalities are just as random and mismatching as their looks. tho the game does seem to favor making them all insane (or whatever the trait is called) because a majority of them alsways talk to themselves.

Limorz wrote: »
    cas.fulleditmode for life

haha you have fun with that XD with the sheer numbers of them being spawned these days i stopped bothering because i don't want to spend most of my playtime making over dozens of those things. i just delete them all except for the normal looking ones.

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 513 Member
    Ah yes, the pear. The only male body type for townies.

69A5pIj.jpg

(honestly though, their faces do not bother me, it's mostly the clothing style, their names (everyone is Japanese or Indian, zero diversity) and the pear-shaped bodies)
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    It’s not so much their looks that bother me but more how they are dressed and overuse of generated unpronounceable names.The bad outfits are the worst though, they just clash with the surroundings and makes for unrealistic gameplay, because most people in real life wouldn’t dress like that.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I've seen A FEW Townies that were "make a train back up and take a dirt road" kind of ugly before!

Glad to say that MOST are good looking (Not sexy - clean your mind out!) - they aren't hideous, but they not worth writing home to Mom about either (if they were real people)!

By the way, I'm talking about faces being ugly - not outfits!

If you want to go down THAT path... well, I'm just hoping the children of the programmers are old enough to dress themselves! Because if their parents' real-life "fashion" is as bad as in the Sims... well... I ask everyone to join me in praying for those poor children!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • HannaSarasHannaSaras Posts: 25 Member
    Most of them I hardly notice, but some... Yikes! Their actual looks don't bother me as much as the poor outfits and generated names though.